Hair stripped-what to do now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
hi guys and girls

I have stripped my hair and been left with a light orange colour on my hair and want to go for a brighter red then i was as my roots where brighter then my ends so though stripping the hair could get me back to a level playing ground

i feel it needs some pre lightening but now sure what to use or how to do it

can some one advise me please

i have bought a ruby red but will be going sallys in the morning can some one recomend a nice red and what % peroxide i should get

thanks in advance:Love:

Can I ask are you a hairdresser?

Can I ask are you a hairdresser?

yes i trained over 20 years ago and only do family and freinds now have been coloring my hair all that time and i know there are many new products put there so was wondering if any one could help!!! i am also trained to master level with creative for acrylic nails and have level 2 in beauty

check out my geek skills on my profile xx
:Love:

Erm, I think the reason there's not been any replies is 'a nice red' isn't really a particularly good description, let alone for a 'pro' hairdresser. Please use the icc, and you may find help is more forthcoming.

If you're looking for a bright red, I use 6,60 or 6,66 in majirouge. It's a lovely colour and very bright! What base level are you naturally? I use it on a client with base 5 hair, 20 vol at her root and just a semi releaser (9vol richesse releaser or 10vol sallys releaser) on the ends if you don't need to lift. It's always better using a low peroxide on ends as it reduces fade.

Erm, I think the reason there's not been any replies is 'a nice red' isn't really a particularly good description, let alone for a 'pro' hairdresser. Please use the icc, and you may find help is more forthcoming.

?????????? whats the ICC ???

THANKS BETH FOR YOUR REPLY

i do like the majirouge range and will have a look in sallys tomorrow my base is medium brown but have a lot of gray around the hairline which is the area that tends to go bright red against the mid lenths and ends ,,,felt stripping my hair from the colour build up on the ends might even out the colour xxx

Icc is international colour code. It has been in use for around 40 years, so you would have learnt about it during your training.
Too much stripping will only make the red fade quicker. Reds are dependant on the hair being in good condition, and not too porous.

Icc is international colour code. It has been in use for around 40 years, so you would have learnt about it during your training.
Too much stripping will only make the red fade quicker. Reds are dependant on the hair being in good condition, and not too porous.

Excuse me i placed a question on here for help and answers not for you to question my training i attended college over 20 years ago and don't feel i have to explain this to members

I am fully aware what stripper is and what it can do that was not what i was asking i was asking if any geek know of a good colour red that is in use these days ,i find your tone not very helpful at all but verging on the defensive and im not sure why!!!!!! i used to be a very active member on this site about 6 years ago and can now remember why i stopped coming on !

Excuse me i placed a question on here for help and answers not for you to question my training i attended college over 20 years ago and don't feel i have to explain this to members

I am fully aware what stripper is and what it can do that was not what i was asking i was asking if any geek know of a good colour red that is in use these days ,i find your tone not very helpful at all but verging on the defensive and im not sure why!!!!!! i used to be a very active member on this site about 6 years ago and can now remember why i stopped coming on !

If you don't post your questions in a professional manner how are we suppose to know your a pro or used to be,
Hair is full of consumers asking for DIY tips and tricks.
Medium brown could be classed as about 3/4 different depths,

No tone in text so you must have added that in yourself,

?????????? whats the ICC ???

THANKS BETH FOR YOUR REPLY

i do like the majirouge range and will have a look in sallys tomorrow my base is medium brown but have a lot of gray around the hairline which is the area that tends to go bright red against the mid lenths and ends ,,,felt stripping my hair from the colour build up on the ends might even out the colour xxx

This says it all

"what's the ICC"
"medium brown"
"a lot of Gray"

My advice would be to go to a professional hairdresser, you're obviously not, nor ever was one

I have moved this thread to the consumer section as although the OP has trained as a hairdresser it was quite some time ago so techniques etc will have moved on substantially.

All I can say is pity help some of your customers if they dare to ask you guys what colour their hair is!

With clients, we don't use pro jargon. We say things like warm brown, or cool brown. With a fellow hairdresser, we say 5.3 or 5.1.
I'm sure nail geeks talk about zone 1, zone 2 etc between themselves, but wouldn't use that terminology to a client?

I have moved this thread to the consumer section as although the OP has trained as a hairdresser it was quite some time ago so techniques etc will have moved on substantially.

Quite!

Not only techniques but products have changed substantially over the last 20 years. For instance, we no longer casually paint the scalp with 60 vol peroxide etc. ;-)

I do appreciate that the OP trained as a hairdresser many years ago but her current level of knowledge is clearly little more than the average consumer has these days.

The ICC is basically the a-b-c of colouring when working out tint and peroxide ratio's. I would also expect a trainee hairdresser to have a good understanding of this before attempting any colour service, especially when it involves a percentage of grey hair.

Therefore, the OP might be better advised to discuss the options with the person who currently cuts her hair.

Please do not rely on staff in Sally's for advice. They are notoriously unreliable (to put it very nicely)!

Latest posts

Back