Hair wholesalers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happyhair

Reaction score
Hi just woundering if anyone who does hair extensions could help. Micro rings are becoming more popular for me but i cant find a really good wholesalers for stick tip remy hair does anyone know of any. I will not steal buisness or lower my prices theres no need to under cut i just need some help as the wholesaler i normally go to dont sell them no more. I dont understand how some people can charge £100 for micro ring extensions when it cost me this much to buy the hair any help would be much appreciated thanks xx

Hi just woundering if anyone who does hair extensions could help. Micro rings are becoming more popular for me but i cant find a really good wholesalers for stick tip remy hair does anyone know of any. I will not steal buisness or lower my prices theres no need to under cut i just need some help as the wholesaler i normally go to dont sell them no more. I dont understand how some people can charge £100 for micro ring extensions when it cost me this much to buy the hair any help would be much appreciated thanks xx

hi.. i use http://shop.hairextensions-shop.com the women that runs it is so great.
you get a 10% trade discount and anything over around 250.00 they give you a qoutation so you save more.

its just my opinion but i would think most are not using remy hair and just say they are as its people are familiar with remy.

i get so much people say ' i went to x and they used remy and it got matted and tangled and shed etc.. and they paid around £80-£100 for it'
i just say to them that in all probabilty it was not remy hair.

anywhoo these suppliers are very good they do virgin remy also.
i dont know anywhere else as ive been let down by all the ones before.

Last edited:
If you want fantastic quality hair then go to either Celebrity Elite or Tasha Jacks you wont be disappointed and neither will your clients, I use Celebrity Elite with a bigger proportion of my clients. They do the shoe lace tips but you could purchase the wefts and pretip your own it works out a lot more cost effective to do this. If your after a pretipping service pm me for details I can send you details.

thanks for both your replys thats what i thought that they may not be using remy hair as there prices are too cheap. How do you pm as i would like to find out about doing the tips myself thanks xx

Hi here is a little more info on remi hair , just so you and others know what to look out for when buying decent hair :hug: x minky

break_center.gif
cuticlecloseup.jpg
TESTING FOR UNPROCESSED HUMAN HAIR
1. The outer layer of unprocessed human hair is composed of over lapping scales arranged in much the same way as scales on a fish. On damp hair use approximately the thickness of a single spaghetti strand. Run your finger and thumb fairly rapidly down the strands of hair from roots to ends, it will travel quite smoothly. If you do the same thing in the opposite direction from ends to roots it will feel rough, and have a bit of friction. Don't get discouraged with this method, keep trying, you will begin to feel the difference after you've done it a few times. This test can also be performed on dry hair, but you must keep your fingers moist, this can't be overstated enough when testing on dry hair. On some hair it may feel like both directions are smooth. When this happens close you eyes and run your fingers going in each direction again. With your eyes closed you will be able to feel how one direction of the hair is slightly harder to run your fingers down smoothly. Remember, the smooth side is going down, the rough side is going up. The smooth side is what you will work with, as this is the direction of natural growing hair.

2. Use hair the size of a pencil for this method. With the hair damp vigorously rub the hair located at the top and bottom of the hair shaft. Use two hands together in a quick rolling motion. You will find the roots will adhere much stronger than hair on the ends. This test can only be preformed on bulk hair.

3. Some naturally lighter hair colors will have darker roots and lighter ends, which can make it easy to tell cuticle direction. Don't let this fool you, you can't depend on your eyes alone to tell direction.
Processed hair has a silicone layer which makes it virtually impossible to tell the actual direction by feel. Usually this silicone layer is put over hair which previously had the cuticle stripped. Silicone makes the hair feel smooth to the touch in each direction. It is still a good idea to preform these tests before install to see the actual curl pattern, as some hair changes dramatically when wet.

4. Looking through a microscope is the most foolproof way of testing for processed hair. When under a microscope you'll be able to see if the cuticle has been smoothed down, as in the picture above. Although, for the extension professional it's much easier, and faster to give the damp hair a smooth side test.
It is impossible to remove all cuticles from the hair without the hair desinagrating. This is the reason it will start to tangle as soon as the coating wears off, and the remaining cuticle is exposed. The silicone layer starts to wear off right away with brushing, shampoo, and general wear and tear.

** These instructions are intended solely for persons with knowledge of virgin hair **

*When purchasing any new hair always shampoo, condition, and comb through two times before install. Make sure the hair is tangle free with no shedding. Also, check for the correct texture, and color you ordered.

I have fitted some single drawn virgin russian hair today in my clients hair and it looks absolutely gorgeous, has anyone else every tried Russian Hair? If so what are your thoughts on the hair and has it lasted for further installs for your clients?

Gosh lancashirelass it must have cost her a fortune :eek:
I must say though I have seen true Russian virgin hair and worked with it a long time ago
but I have never had anyone slpash out on it as a customer , usually costs hundreds per 25 grams,
most go for the virgin European ,
but Russian hair is far superior and will last a lifetime :) it is the most loveliest and finest of hairs and true colours
did you install it on the weft with tracks ?

a salon near my house only uses russian hair and its about £500-£600 for a full head..

i can barely get people to pay £200 lol

a salon near my house only uses russian hair and its about £500-£600 for a full head..

i can barely get people to pay £200 lol

Same here :hug::lol: lol x
is that 500 - 600 for a full head just for the hair ?

but it is really lovely isnt it ?
if its done on a weft / tracks on the head ..... then this hair will usually last longer than the stitching on the weft :)

18 inch full head is £620
22 inch £750

includes application and hair..

half head is like £400

:) they only do micro rings though..

18 inch full head is £620
22 inch £750

includes application and hair..

half head is like £400

:) they only do micro rings though..

Hi leonnib well that make very good sense
because they wouldn't be loosing any of the expensive hair during the removal as they wouldn't be needing to break down the bonds with removal solution ,
I don't think I would want to lose one single Russian hair either :) x minky

My client purchased the hair herself and it cost her around £600 for 300 grams of virgin russian hair and the longest length was around 26 inches, it was single drawn, I fitted it yesterday and it was absolutely great to work with.

The final result was stunning.

My client purchased the hair herself and it cost her around £600 for 300 grams of virgin russian hair and the longest length was around 26 inches, it was single drawn, I fitted it yesterday and it was absolutely great to work with.

The final result was stunning.

Oooo any pictures at all ?
was it micro links too ?
would love to have a look at the finished install :) minky

I installed it with shrinkies, I do have some pictures and will try to upload them not quite sure how I do it but will try lol give me half hour

I cant seem to do it. Will keep trying

Last edited:
I installed it with shrinkies, I do have some pictures and will try to upload them not quite sure how I do it but will try lol give me half hour

Ok would love to see them, but don't rush
Ill go and make a cuppa and get some biccies for us all lol :) x

£600 for the hair :eek: i need to start targeting celebs me thinks...

id love to see pics too..

still waiting for the biccies minky lol

£600 for the hair :eek: i need to start targeting celebs me thinks...

id love to see pics too..

still waiting for the biccies minky lol

I know me too :lol: lol x
I have got an assortment of biccies for all who are waiting including choccie ones, custard creams,
those pink and white mallow wafers , frothy latte, tea and hot choccie ,
I also have some flutes of non alcoholic chilled Champagne just for you and babe,
and some proper nice alcholic Champagne too lol
says minky quafffing away :hug:

I know me too :lol: lol x
I have got an assortment of biccies for all who are waiting including choccie ones, custard creams,
those pink and white mallow wafers , frothy latte, tea and hot choccie ,
I also have some flutes of non alcoholic chilled Champagne just for you and babe,
and some proper nice alcholic Champagne too lol
says minky quafffing away :hug:

pmsl.... champagne sounds nice lol... and anything choccy :):) lol

Wow , that is really fab :) I love the hair and the length the hair looks really nice and shiny
just wondering was it nice and lightweight too ?

Latest posts

Back