Hairdressers, please help !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Right here goes !

I had a client who is also a friend, she uses nice and easy number 87 all over her hair I think its supposed to be an extra light beige blonde but on her hair throw out a fair bit of warmth, she decided she wanted to darken it up a bit soooooooooo she asked me !!!

I did 7/7 koloston foils just from fringe to crown as she has long layers it would cover sides and also colour at the nape of her neck, left it on for rec time, rinsed and it was a no show !!!:eek:

Popped home looked at what I had in stock that I could use with 7/7, I had plenty of reds coppers etc but only a little bit of 5 and little bit of 6, so i mixed half 7/7 quater 5 quater 6, I refoiled trying to pick out what I had already done, rinsed and bugger, it was too dark, looked almost a dark marly grey with her colour.

Anyhooo, she has just phoned me and said she wants some blonde through the top. and the dark through the middle secton, I am now thinking F.F.S, I'm frazzeled ! should I just stick a couple of bleach foils in the top and stick a few dark foils through the middle section ?

Help me please I cant think straight anymore !!! :cry:

does it look awful or is it ok? if its ok , id leace it for another day , if it looks awful you should try to fix it . why not try rinsing pure bleach mixed with shampoo , through it , i thought it was myth , but it really worked for me in a similar situation.Takes 5 minutes.

i would get her to find a pic of exactly what she wants...i find this the best for if you dont really know what a client is wanting. Ideally i would leave it for a few days at least because its already been coloured twice today and in my experience nice and easy is not nice to your hair at all!!!! would recommend her to leave it a week if she is willing to, i am imagining her hairt may be a bit damaged so some of the existing colour may rinse out. but get her to find a pic of exactly what she wants. i would bleach the top but use a low peroxide and try to pick out some of the lighter bits (if its at a base 8 i would use pastel developer or 1.9% color touch developer) and dpending on what she means by darker maybe put some 1/4 6/0 and 1/4 7/7 thru it. but best bet is seeing a pic :) hths xxxx

thanks for your swift replies xxx I asked how desperate she ws to continue with the colouring, i could do it fri night or sat but it seems she's in no rush. I think I'll go with the low peroxide bleach foils and the 6 with 7/7 this just confirms how much I hate colouring ! x

Last edited:
Couple of shampoos with fairy liquid and she'll problably love it tbh! I swear by this to remove colour.
If not, I would do bleach and warm water, keep an eye on it. Just pop it on the top, then use conditioning treatment.x

Thanks Lisa, I think we are along the same lines when it comes to hairdressing ! Her hair cant be that bad, I offered her a redo and havnt heard nay thing ! A hairdresser friend saw her this morn and said it looked ok x

Latest posts

Back