Hairdressing level 1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to hair and just wanted to know what to expect on my level 1 which i am due to start on monday.

Any infomation would be appreciated

thanks guys
:hug:
x

ooh god i am going back some yrs but i am sure its stuff like dealiing with clients , gowning up correctly for certain treatments , washing hair , and no doubt practising roller winds and sectioning on blocks
theory will prob be contraindications , ph levels etc.....

ooh god i am going back some yrs but i am sure its stuff like dealiing with clients , gowning up correctly for certain treatments , washing hair , and no doubt practising roller winds and sectioning on blocks
theory will prob be contraindications , ph levels etc.....

ok thanks do you know any good books i could get to help me with the theory?

x

if you look on any book store website there will be loads fro level 2 hairdressing which cover all the level 1 aswell so any of em will help hun ,
sorry i aint much use but it 17 yrs since i went to college , lol x

if you look on any book store website there will be loads fro level 2 hairdressing which cover all the level 1 aswell so any of em will help hun ,
sorry i aint much use but it 17 yrs since i went to college , lol x

no thats great hun thanks x

books that helped me hun are s/nvq level 2 hairdressing 2nd edition leah palmer/nicci moorman.
have a good day....:hug:

books that helped me hun are s/nvq level 2 hairdressing 2nd edition leah palmer/nicci moorman.
have a good day....:hug:

thanks hun i will have a look for them tomorrow

leo palladino books are great too,

i think you can get one with a bronze cover fro level 1, silver for level 2 and gold for level 3...

:)

i think you can get one with a bronze cover fro level 1, silver for level 2 and gold for level 3...

wow that sounds great thanks.
do you know what they cover in your lavel 1?
thanks

Which college are you doing it at Deb?

I know that EWD stock the study books that the local colleges use so it might be worth you finding out which book the college will recommend to you, and you know you will then have the right study material.

EWD may know which one you will need too.

Good luck x x x

i didnt do a level one i did NQ hairdressing year one and thats the equivalent to a level 2,

but i think level one is mainly rollers, shampooing and some theory etc...

and i checked on google, and it says ...

The units of study are:
  • <LI class="">Ensure your own actions reduce the risks to Health and Safety <LI class="">Assist with Salon Reception Duties <LI class="">Shampoo and Condition hair <LI class=" onhover">Contribute to the development of Effective Working Relationships <LI class="">Assist with Colouring services
  • Prepare for Hairdressing Services and Maintain Work Areas
and this is the level one book i was talking about,

Hairdressing - Hairdressing Books - S/NVQ Level 1 - Habia

i have the level 2 silver one and its really great, our college changed books for our level 3 one and its not near as good..

hth's!

i agree got these as well .
level 1 is health and safety, shampooing, styling, reception, assisisting the level 2's with colouring...rinsing out colours, assisting with perming again with the level 2,s and its usually level ones who do the neutralising. salon promotions....working relationships
hth

Hi, do you have to do level 1, I started as a mature student at level 2 in September and go 2 nights per week from 5 - 9 pm and will be qualified in July. We cover health and safety, shamppoing, colouring, cutting and perming. It's quite intense but quick.

Which college are you doing it at Deb?

I know that EWD stock the study books that the local colleges use so it might be worth you finding out which book the college will recommend to you, and you know you will then have the right study material.

EWD may know which one you will need too.

Good luck x x x

Hi hun, i am doing it with leek college, but training in the hairdressers in biddulph cant wait,
i will ask them and see what they say
thanks xxxx

Hi hun, i am doing it with leek college, but training in the hairdressers in biddulph cant wait,
i will ask them and see what they say
thanks xxxx

I am almost sure they stock the ones that Leek use, or at least they used to. I know that EWD have a VAT free day on a week on Monday too. Bet you cant wait that long though hey. :lol:

At least you will be in the new premises at Leek college. When I did my Beauty training there we were in the old building and it was not pleasant doing beauty treatments in there. I was a model for some of the newer students in the new building and it is sooooo much better.

Hi, do you have to do level 1, I started as a mature student at level 2 in September and go 2 nights per week from 5 - 9 pm and will be qualified in July. We cover health and safety, shamppoing, colouring, cutting and perming. It's quite intense but quick.

Hi,

well i am with leek college but i am doing the course at a hairdressers which is a friend who wants to be assessor, so they are starting at level 1 but she did say that it covers in level 2 aswell so thats where i start lol
how are you finding the course hun?
xx

its gowning up clients correctly,shampooing,assisting with colouring services,health & safety,reception duties hope this helps abit hun

ive got the leah palmer level 2 text book and its quite good some great information in there :)

x

its gowning up clients correctly,shampooing,assisting with colouring services,health & safety,reception duties hope this helps abit hun

ive got the leah palmer level 2 text book and its quite good some great information in there :)

x

thanks that is helpfull think i will have a look for that book now
x

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say that i have PASSED my level 1 in hairdressing,
and just wanted to say thanks everyone who as helped me out.

Thanks Guys
xxx

Congratulations!!!! Guess what - I've just passed my level 1 too. Woop Woop to both of us. Can't wait to start level 2 in September.

xxx

Latest posts

Back