Halloween and Spiders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karenlaw

Reaction score
They are fab aren't they!

You could always paint them on with acrylic paints and then use a UV gloss topcoat ove the lot!

I put some of my halloween nail art - hand painted last year, in the gallery http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5843&c=531

It's only a bit of fun. I've never yet had a client want halloween nail art!:lol:

Halloween Canes
this website sells halloween canes but not spiders, you could hand paint spiders x

Bev I love your designs. Not sure I could do any of those.

I don't have any acrylic paints. Where would be the best place to buy a black acrylic paint?

Thanks!

you might be able to find something in a joke shop maybe. they would have to be pretty small to encase them though.

I was thinking that I could find some small plastic ones but would they be ok in acrylic?

Any art shop will sell acrylic paint. I buy mine in bottles that last for years! They cost about 99p each!
Even places like Wilko do the little small pots for kids in a block of little pots - like the pianting by numbers stuff. If they are acrylic they'll be fine. Don't forget to seal your artwork in a topcoat. You can do them ontop of the enhancement and seal with a clear topcoat polish:hug:

Thank you Bev xx I will have a look in Wilko tomorrow :)

I was thinking that I could find some small plastic ones but would they be ok in acrylic?

i would think so, after all we embed things like sequin shapes etc and theyre made of plastic.

Cool! xx I'm going to have a look in town tomorrow.

Thanks!

Cool! xx I'm going to have a look in town tomorrow.

Thanks!

thats the spirit !
whats to loose, just try it out on a tip before you go 'live with it. if you get any probs with l/p melting it, you would definately be able to do it with gel. gel doesnt melt things like monomer does.

* removed auction site URL *

I brought some pre-sliced Spider nail canes on ebay they were only a couple of quid and came within a couple of days.

Van x

Last edited by a moderator:
I have plenty of the real thing in my basement, actually, all around the house, you'd be welcome to:lol:, but I'm a bit far away, and they crawl off rather quickly with those eight tiny little legs!

If you have a good quality printer, why not try and print some up yourself on good quality translucent tracing paper. Do a google search of the image that you require, reduce the size to suit the nail, print, cut and apply.

I've just tried to make a spider in acrylic. I'm soo pleased with it! lol. First thing I've ever made with acrylics.

I made him (I call him felix, :lol:) in cnd metro sin city. He has a slight glint in his eye. I used white cnd metro powder and one of the holographic pieces is right in the middle of his eye.

I've taken a picture but I can't crop it to upload it.

I'm soo pleased :) He looks much better in real life.

Latest posts

Back