Hand, foot & mouth disease

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I've just been on the phone to my sister and my great nephew, aged 3, has got hand foot and mouth disease.
My neice (great nephews mother) is due her baby on Tuesday, when she asked the doctor if there would be any problems they said they didn't know, she asked her midwife, they didn't know.
After a bit research on the internet she found out that Yes there could be complications in the late stages of pregnancy if the baby caught it, could lead to miscarriage, stillborn etc.
I think this is pretty terrible that the doctors didn't know this and the midwife.
My great nephew is having to live round my sisters until it has cleared up and a couple of weeks afterwards because apparently it can live on for a while.

I didnt know that it could cause problems either my friends daughter had it when I was preganant with my son and I had close contact with the child due to looking after her while her mum worked.

my son had this when he was about 15 months old.
i didnt think it would cause problems with pregnant people

Latest posts

Back