Hand Scrubs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarita360

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone normally use hand scrubs when giving manicures? What type/brand do you prefer?

I ask because I used my usual hand scrub (on myself) this morning just as I was walking out the door and I noticed that my polish is now very dull and slightly scratched (I think it is the poor quality of the polish that caused it, I applied polish at least 24 hours ago and it's still soft, but now I am curious about scrubs in general).

Do you find that you yourself prefer harder ("scrubbier") scrubs or softer with less granules? Oilier scrubs to moisturize or ones that rinse clean? Also, any particular brands that are good?
I currently use a sugar scrub from an e-tailer in Canada that is mainly lots of sugar in a slightly oily base, but I have also tried some cheaper scrubs from the store that were smaller granules suspended in a gel.

Thanks so much :)

Sarita

Hi Sarita,
I LOVE the Solar Manicure from CND. It's a salt scrub in an oil base. It leaves your hands feeling awesome!!

Carmen

I love Spa Manicure's Crystal Exfoliator &activator From CND.
It's a 2 step treatment, so it's not the quickest but the skin positively glows.
It's not a harsh abrasive exfoliator either, because it's more like a aha peel it shouln't take the top shine off your nails or leave them looking dull.
Try the whole Spa Manicure range, my clients love this luxury treat and it smells so fab you couls almost eat it.:lick:

i love in essences refining hand scrub. it has essential oils of lavender, rosewood geranium and ylang ylang. i find creatives salt scrub to be a bit harsh on sensitive skin.

melody jayne said:
i love in essences refining hand scrub. it has essential oils of lavender, rosewood geranium and ylang ylang. i find creatives salt scrub to be a bit harsh on sensitive skin.
Thanks melody jayne,

Where does one find that brand? It sounds lovely, TIA

Sarita

pinkmummy said:
I love Spa Manicure's Crystal Exfoliator &activator From CND.
It's a 2 step treatment, so it's not the quickest but the skin positively glows.
It's not a harsh abrasive exfoliator either, because it's more like a aha peel it shouln't take the top shine off your nails or leave them looking dull.
Try the whole Spa Manicure range, my clients love this luxury treat and it smells so fab you couls almost eat it.:lick:
I've been eyeing a mini set with 4oz each of the crystals and the activator from my usual e-tailer, just didn't work up the nerve to buy it and try it without hearing an opinion!

Sounds fab, I think I will go out on a limb and try this for myself. The product description sounded great but I'm glad to hear from someone who has tried it. Thanks!

Sarita360 said:
Thanks melody jayne,

Where does one find that brand? It sounds lovely, TIA

Sarita
its manufactured here in australia, didnt realise when i posted. i buy it from our local hairmart which i guess is like your sallys but proffesionals only. maybe another american geek may know of something similair? its made from a dry pine powder, you add a little water and massage it into a creamy lather. the powder works as an exfoliante while the oils moisturise. HTH

Latest posts

Back