Hard skin removal on feet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do mine on a pedi stool but I know some people find it easier on a couch. callus peel needs to be carried out before any soaking so I usually place the callus peel patches on, wrap in clingfilm leaving the toes clear, get the client a drink and prep the toes ready for polishing. By this time the patches have done and are ready to scrape and buff, then moisturise and polish. Job done.

I do mine on a pedi stool but I know some people find it easier on a couch. callus peel needs to be carried out before any soaking so I usually place the callus peel patches on, wrap in clingfilm leaving the toes clear, get the client a drink and prep the toes ready for polishing. By this time the patches have done and are ready to scrape and buff, then moisturise and polish. Job done.

Oooh they sound fab! I'll have to look into these.
Thanks for the info ladies!

Those of you that use CND sea serum, how do you use it? Do you wrap the feet in something whilst it gets to work?
Rhiannon x

Last edited:
Blades are illegal here in Florida and many other states but of course all the NSS use them as it is quick and less effort involved. I could go 10 minutes down the road to a NSS and have it done right now!

Also "Horror" stories of people being nipped/cut, then bleeding into the water, spa chair emptied but not being cleaned properly as per state law, so remnants of blood/contaminated water left in the pipes being whooshed back in for the next client when the jets are put back on..........

Blades are illegal here in Florida and many other states but of course all the NSS use them as it is quick and less effort involved. I could go 10 minutes down the road to a NSS and have it done right now!

Also "Horror" stories of people being nipped/cut, then bleeding into the water, spa chair emptied but not being cleaned properly as per state law, so remnants of blood/contaminated water left in the pipes being whooshed back in for the next client when the jets are put back on..........

Eurgh! Just reading that gave me goosebumps!
Rhiannon x

I trained a few years back mani and pedi but we were never trained to use a blade of any sort this is as pp has said a medical treatment and only to be carried out by a trained chiropedist!not a beauty therapist so totally agree with previous posts on this.

My friend came into work one day and her foot was all bandaged up, she said it was so painful, she had used one of these blades that they shouldnt sell to the public on her heel and cut to deep!! :eek

Am interested in the products u apply to the foot to remove hard skin though they sound fab!

Have you tried Callus Peel? Beauty Select sell it. Have a look at their web site www. beauty-select.co.uk. Their phone number is 01942 815164. Callus Peel is so effective and has been going for years. I find it great and it does exactly what it says it does! Good Luck.:p

I soak first then scub, spray on footlogix callus remover , do nail work, then remove hard skin with the angel foot file, AMAZING, would definitely recommend this it's brilliant.

Crystal - Its not advisable to dry file as it can cause lesions in the skin leaving the client's foot open for infection. Given the feet have a high concentration of bacteria due to the sweat glands you want to use antibacterial products also and that are NON occlusive (dont block the sweat glands). Try Footlogix its antibacterial, non occlusive and all the range is skin loving (hydrating). First soak for 5 min then for filing, use the Footlogix callus pre softening treatment works a treat and stays on the skin even after filing. When you file you'll see the skin roll off like a rubber eraser make sure you have a dark towel to see it! Using Footlogix gives and incredible wow result and is best when used with the Angel File (can be sterilized) and lasts for up to 1500 pedicures, its double sided and is the best tool to have!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back