Hard skin removal on feet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what? are you telling me you've never used a pedicure razor?????
widely available in all whole salers!!!!!
and the solution to all hard skin!
p.s didnt get it from a txt book, trained in it at college!!!!!

And widely considered dangerous by professionals....

MMA is also widely available in the UK....woudl you advocate the use of that. And if blades are perectly safe for use in hands other than that of a trained podiatrist or chiropodist, why is it illegal to use in many US states and I think Canada unless you are a podiatrist or chiropodist.?

I use zen spa by jessica and the treatment is wonderfull.I actually use an electric tool for the feet which is like a mini sander, it is fab. You do not use it on the nails but there is two attachments, one for down the sides of the toes and one for the heel etc. The hard skin comes of brill, i end up covered in it but it is great:lol:
jenny

When I was at college many many years ago we were shown how to use pedi blades but times have changed, salons are now longer using blades and the insurances companies do not allow this either.

look at it this way, when we cut our hair it stimulates growth thats why if we want long hair we have to have regular trims.

if you cut the hard skin from the feet it sends the same message to the brain to grow back. so the more you cut the thick it will grow back.

in the spa we use sixtus hard skin removers which are made from plastic - they look like hard oasis, these are brilliant from removing hard skin and you will never cut anyone or hurt anyone.

Sixtus products are great for client with hard skin as the creams keep the hard skin from coming back.

Think babies bottoms.

look at it this way, when we cut our hair it stimulates growth thats why if we want long hair we have to have regular trims.

if you cut the hard skin from the feet it sends the same message to the brain to grow back. so the more you cut the thick it will grow back.

Think babies bottoms.

Yeah I agree - the hard skin is there to protect the feet - remove it with a blade and it will come back faster in order to protect the feet.

Using a sander is like the natural way our feet would wear down if we walked barefoot on sand or concrete.

The skin is there for a reason - even if it is ugly LOL.

I use a CND footfile before soaking, then when its time I use the Sea Serum and use the file again, incase Ive missed any bits!

xxxxx:hug:

hi, can you give me the info on this product?
thank
katie
x

I've used Footkiss and found after leaving the solution for 10 minutes I've never had a problem. Once the foot has been soaked scraped and filed finish with a good moisturiser to replenish the skin. Then give good advice to the client for treating hard skin sooner than later. Just good general maintenance and not just in the Summer!

I use a Microplane too. I got mine from QVC for about £20. They are BRILLIANT, I use mine before soaking. Works like a dream with very minimal effort. :green:

We just came accross a new foot exfoliating system in Hong Kong cosmoprof. Simply put 2 gel filled plastic socks on feet, leave for 1 hour and a few days later all the hard skin just peels away...its fantastic. We would love to have 10 professionals to try it with before and after images...so if you want to volenteer PM me and will send 10 of you a trial pack... free of course. Imagine, no scaping filing or cutting!

Difference is Chiropodists/Podiatrists are trained to use a blade, Pedicurists are not. Also, I think our insurance would not cover us performing something that is more of a medical procedure........ It's not a bad thing is it's done by the right person.

I was trained to use one while in Esthetics School. I have used them on tough cases, but rarely. Also, most Chiropodists/Podiatrists use an actual scalpel to pare the skin down.

Soak, nails, cuticles, gel-type callus remover, Next foot. Then back into soak off the gel and to stop it working on the skin. If required I will follow up with a gently foot file, then do the exfoliation rub etc. Gone are the days where we had to sand down the foot for 15 minutes to rid it of harden callous. :wink2:

As the guys that tried the last batch did not get back in touch we are now looking for 10 more volunteers to try a ne foot exfolliation product. Please PM me if you are interested!

We have used a blade to remove hard skin at work for years! We all get trained, have sharps box, different blade 4 diff client etc
Its very effective! What do you guys not like about this???

The inherent danger of using a very sharp implement on a client who might sneeze, cough or jump at any moment.
Why use something so risky when there are so many less risky options out there?

I use foot files after soaking but the feet are quite dry!! I dont use blades and have heard some horrible stories about some cheaper blades!! However i know for a fact that there are some very decent and safe blades out there and it really is not that horrific!! Tweezerman do a good one (got one at home) and its so safe i have to press so hard to even remove any skin!!!!!

I am on the search for something to remove the dry/dead skin during pedicures. I am trained in basic pedi's and have only ever used a rasp (not great on really hard skin) or an emery board-type foot file. Both seem to clog up and I spend around 25 mins filing one foot to get it anywhere near soft!

I understand that you do not remove all hard skin as it is there for protection.

Considering I've not used any callus remover creams before or more 'extreme' skin remover tools, what would you recommend I get? I want to be able to remove the dry/hard skin quicker.

Also I need an affordable one as I am skint :p I've looked at the microplane's but they are sooooo expensive and I can't seem to find a UK supplier anyway.

(I have read this thread but can't seem to find a definitive solution to what I am looking for)

Thanks guys!! xx

I use Pro linc Be Natural callus skin remover. It's a wonderful product. It can be purchased online from The Nail Warehouse.
This product leaves the bottom of the feet lovely soft & smooth in a few minutes. Hope this helps. x

I agree with Lynne, Callus Peel really is awesome, I started doing it a couple of months ago and all of my clients are now repeat clients every 2-3 weeks for maintenence. Watch CALLUS PEEL - YouTube to see how it works.

Microplane - the BEST foot file in the whole wide world.

Google it, but they can be found on HQ Hair I think. (they come from Germany and I think that's the only UK stockist)

Can be used pre or post soaking and works like a dream.

microplane is also a brand of cheese grater.....makes sense I guess....

Microplane Graters

I agree with Lynne, Callus Peel really is awesome, I started doing it a couple of months ago and all of my clients are now repeat clients every 2-3 weeks for maintenence.

WOW - looks easy to use too. How do you have your client sitting to do this? upright on a couch/chair? Coz in the vid they seem to be lying on their front. Would this stuff be done before/after the foot massage with lotion etc? E.g. what would the procedure be, soak - exoliation - cuticles/file - callus removal - moisturise/massage - varnish?

Thanks guys x

Latest posts

Back