Has anyone done PTLLS course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roz

Reaction score
i have been a holistic and beauty therapist for 7 years now, and i feel i need a new challenge and have been looking into doing a PTLLS course, but iv been asking the same question everywhere i ring and getting different answers from them, i was told by the guild that i needed to have a teaching qualification on top of the PTLLS (which is not what they advertise) and i was told by another one that i just needed to be acredited by the guild, which keeps sending me round the same questions, i would love to start my own beauty courses as i feel this is the next step for me now, but i cant seem to work out what i need to do and how to get acredited and which qualifications i need!....anyone already done this help me???

Hi, pttls is the starting point for raining, unless they have changed their criteria recently the guild require you to either hold or be working towards pttls in order to get any courses accredited by them. Having just started dttls ourselves in order to go for babtac short course accreditation they too have now changed to only require pttls.
It is frustrating i know exactly where you are coming from. PTTLS is the first step to teach if you then want to go on to teach nvq courses i believe you would need to do an assessors course as well (but could be wrong on that so i will stand corrected) hth good luck and do persevere.

whats the dif between PTTLS and PTLLS? the guild do PTLLS courses which i was planning on doing, but then was told by them that i also needed to then go on to do a full teaching qualification, which doesnt seem to be the case on any other website, i just dont have the time to do a full time course as have my salon to run and cant really affored to just take that much time off, thats why the PTLLS course was so awesome for me,
and is the PTLLS courses all i need to do my own privet courses that also can give the people that do them through me enough to get insurance to work with as well,
and thank you for your help! your comment makes much more sence than anything iv been told so far!!!thank you

Hi

I am a Hair Tutor, years ago you would achieve a teaching foundation degree called the Certificate in Education or Cert Ed. Then the qual was changed and broken up. Pttls is the introduction to teaching Dttls is the next stage up. Combined they make a Pdce professional diploma certificate education. Confusing I know as all of these courses are attended at a local college via the local uni. I hope this has helped xx

Hi I'm studying the PTLLS course at the moment. It's stands for preparing to teach in the life long learning sector.

If you are considering teaching adults you have to have this course as a base.

Hope this helps!

I have done the PTLLS. If you are just wanting to do your own private courses then this qualification is enough. You would have to write your courses up and then get them accredited by The Beuaty Guild etc....
If you wanted to teach in colleges and such like then you will need to do further courses.

thanks everyone, i understand it all a bit more, like i said, i was getting dif answers everywhere i phoned! but you'v all helped so much!!!
THANK YOU!

Latest posts

Back