Has anyone else had to provide.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
I have been working in my current salon for nearly 1 year and have just been told I have to provide all my certificates, so they can all be kept in a folder at work.

I have also got to fill in loads of forms to do with massage and what qualifications I have, where I trained, who trained me and what was included in the course.

I have then got to go and have passport photos done so they can be kept at work ?!?!?!?!?

I have been in this industry just over 5 years and have never had to do any of this before in previous salons Ive worked in!! The manager said it is to do with the council license, however, she was a little vague on the subject!!

Is this normal? Has anyone else had to do this?

i know with my council you need a licence for massage. not sure about the photo part im sure it doesnt say that.

you can check with the council the shop is in.

you can check online or call and ask them what you are supposed to provide. to see if its what they are asking for if your unsure.

There are 5 of us work there and I just thought it was a bit strange that they want such specific details off everyone.

The salon has also been established for 4 years, so I'm now wondering why they are only just applying for a massage license!!

maybe the council have added massage licence recently as not every council asks for a licence for massage. my one only added nails and massage last year to their list.

as far as i remember i needed a copy of certificates and there is a form but i didnt need to keep a copy for myself. maybe they just want it for their own records also.

i decided not to add massage to the salon yet. so havent been through the process.

i would read the form your filling very carefully to make sure.
and check with that council your providing what you have to.

Just a thought, if you do decide to give her your certificates make sure either you give her Copies of your certificates or Take copies for yourself. To be on the safe side.
:hug:

In the long distant past when I was an employee, some of the salons I worked in also kept copies of qualifications & insurance in case clients wanted to see them.

I have to provide the information you stated to my local council in order to obtain a treatment license for my salon.

They want to know where you trained, what dates and what qualification you gained from it, together with photographs of all staff on the license.

So yes, your current salon is probably doing the right thing by asking you for all this information. Whereabouts in Essex are you?

Hi, yes I would give them a copy only of your Diplomas but never let the originals out of your hands ,
I have never heard of employers wanting passport sized photos before though!...
seems like a bit of an unusual step to take , it seems a bit of an invasion of privacy doesnt it ?.....
and why a passport sized one ?....
it sounds strange to me and I wouldnt do the passport photo though
until I was very sure of why they needed it and when and why they would be using it ?
:)

Yes I have to show copies of all therapist's qualifications for my council license. They change the bloody rules almost every year, so this may be a new requirement for your area. Photocopies are fine, and I agree with Minky that you should keep your originals safe. No idea re- the photo tho!

Iv always had to show my certs in salon jobs. I think most owners like to have a copy. I would to if I was employing someone.

It sounds a good idea to me .. can't see why anyone would object to doing it, even the photo.

I certainly agree that you should keep all originals in your safe little hands.

I have to provide the information you stated to my local council in order to obtain a treatment license for my salon.

They want to know where you trained, what dates and what qualification you gained from it, together with photographs of all staff on the license.

So yes, your current salon is probably doing the right thing by asking you for all this information. Whereabouts in Essex are you?

The form I filled out said exactly what you mentioned, very basic form.

I am based in Chelmsford, so not too far from you.

I have provided them with photocopies of my certificates, as I don't really want my real ones kept in the salon.

I don't mind about having the passport pictures done, just thought it was a little strange and seen as they are the ones that want the pictures done, they should pay for them in my opinion!!

Was this the place that you said did not provide you with a contract? and were treating you badly with hours and shifts?

Did they provide this?

Su x

Was this the place that you said did not provide you with a contract? and were treating you badly with hours and shifts?

Did they provide this?

Su x

Hi Su

Yes that is the place ! They have been awful with contract, hours, shifts!! and now to add to things, trying to make me do treatments I am not qualified to do!! They are extremely pushy!!!

Latest posts

Back