Has anyone ever volunteered for Look Good Feel Better?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

***juice***

Reaction score
I can't do it as you need a minimum of a years experience - it runs free (so it's a voluntary position) make up and skincare workshops for people with cancer, who are maybe suffering from low self esteem due to the physical changes caused by their treatment.

I think it's a really worthy cause and just thought some geeks might want to get involved in it - the committment isn't actually that huge, there's some info about how to volunteer as a therapist there (hope no-one thinks I'm spamming) as well as other general info on the site.

Look Good Feel Better

I have just recently signed up to this, I am going to my first event in September!

becki xxx

I have just signed up too, it does not take up every week, just once in while and there is no product outlay - just time and for these ladies that is the least I could give.

The lady I have been in contact with is very helpful and I think there is lots of support so should be very rewarding.

:)I've been doing this for a year and I love it. I always look forward to my sessions and come away from them on a high.

I love seeing the majority of the women change during the 2 hours. They come in sometimes nervous or shy, usually quiet, and by the time they leave, not only have they learnt some new techniques, they have a fantastic goody bag to take home, look gorgous, they're laughing and smiling and have made new friends!

I can't think of a better way to use our skills and knowledge to benefit other women.

i also have a number of women who are either going through or are post cancer treatment, and I tell them about the service and many of them have been along and they're so greatfukl for being told about it.

If anyone is thinking of joining LGFB, then do, I promise you won't regret it.

Latest posts

Back