Has anyone nailed chrome and got it to last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good jazzybean. What chrome powder are you using with that? X
I bought one from girly bits cosmetics in canada, make sure you dont buy anything with spectra flare pigment as its unsafe, girly bits do mdms sheets and they don't break the bank!

My technique is successful using normal topcoat

What powder are you using coco?
I've got lots
I've got the magpie tiara glitterarty chrome and a few from eBay I think they're all the same

I have just ordered a full kit, gold & silver chrome powders + silicone tool + no wip top gel, from a lady on a facebook nail group who has her own web site and she has the msds sheets for them all too. The pics look good, hanaabeautyandnailsshop.com when it arrives I will let you know how it goes and post a pic too.

I'll second magpie tiara! Rubbed into a neon pink (with non tack top coat) is lush

Attachments

• 1475013295841.jpg
    1475013295841.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 154
I'll second magpie tiara! Rubbed into a neon pink (with non tack top coat) is lush

Who's non taco top coat are you using? They look fab!!

So do you use one chrome powder over different colour bases or do you need several different chromes?

So do you use one chrome powder over different colour bases or do you need several different chromes?

You use one silver chrome over any diff colour base and it makes it different coloured chrome like pink under the silver chrome gives it rose chrome

Is it just me or do most of the powers not actually give a chrome finish? they always look a bit grainy?

At professional beauty in Dublin this weekend there were a lot of chrome nails about, most were just like a burnished silver pigment IMO, but there was a very good looking chrome powder that gave a true chrome finish, however I don't know what brand it was, and I'm not sure if it's lasting qualities ... so I'm a bit useless really

I personally dislike chrome nails they look like space tech nails and I've had zero interest from clients

My chrome powders finally arrived yesterday so I had a play about with them. Got mine from eBay. Didn't want to spend too much before I practiced! I don't have a no wipe topcoat though but it worked ok. Do you really need no wipe topcoat? Coco, I see you use a normal one, what's your steps?
I did:

Base coat- cure
Black gel- cure
Black gel- cure
Top coat- cure
Wipe off inhibition layer
Work in chrome powder
Top coat- cure

I use my normal top coat and have no issues, I topcoat and wipe inhabition layer with a dry piece of kitchen roll ( no d sperse ) then chrome powder and topcoat twice.

I use my normal top coat and have no issues, I topcoat and wipe inhabition layer with a dry piece of kitchen roll ( no d sperse ) then chrome powder and topcoat twice.
Which chrome powder do you prefer Tronk ? xx

Which chrome powder do you prefer Tronk ? xx
I just purchased magpie 'tiara' and just dry wiped my topcoat (as advised at the magpie stand at Olympia) as I don't have a no wipe topcoat and using gelish top it off. And made sure I really brushed off the excess glitter but I've found its too glittery still and not mirror like. Is it to do with how firm you rub the powder in or does it really need a no wipe top coat?

I just purchased magpie 'tiara' and just dry wiped my topcoat (as advised at the magpie stand at Olympia) as I don't have a no wipe topcoat and using gelish top it off. And made sure I really brushed off the excess glitter but I've found its too glittery still and not mirror like. Is it to do with how firm you rub the powder in or does it really need a no wipe top coat?

Firm rubbing

As coco said , firm rubbing.

Lecente are bringing out 3 chrome powders in six weeks time. There is a video of them on their Facebook page. Look great, I shall hold on for these!

Lecente are bringing out 3 chrome powders in six weeks time. There is a video of them on their Facebook page. Look great, I shall hold on for these!

Yay!

Latest posts

Back