Has anyone seen this condition before?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline90

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!! :)
I havent been on this for awhile but i wondered if anyone had ever seen this type of skin condition before? Il upload a pic!! Im not looking for a diagnosis, ive been to the doctor loads of times amd she cannot give me an answer as to what it is.. She gave me loads of creams that didnt work so she took a biopsy which came back clear and she referred me to a dermatoligist which ive been waiting a year to see and im just getting fed up of wondering what it is!! It started on my lower leg and has ended up on both lower legs and both feet!! Im just baffled as to what it is!! Hopefully the pic uploads :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352939190.061925.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352939190.061925.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 604
Looks like chloasma to me, which is hyper pigmentation. If it isn't sore or irritable and is only a change in colour that's what it is. The opposite to vitiligo where pigment is lost. I hope that h

I did think thats what it was at the start but i thought that it was only on the face.. Its not sore or anything like that so it could be that!! Thanks :) x

My coworker has something similar to that, I don't remember the name of it, but it shows up on her arms and in the same places. So, if it's on her right elbow, it will show up on her left elbow. It matches the other limb and comes and goes randomly. There's no known remedy for it, but it's not harmful. I'll ask her what it's called when I see her next.

It would also help to know your genetic heritage.

Alternatively, I've seen hyperpigmentation on limbs as a side effect from all sorts of things, including birth control.

That's what my self tanner looks like when it's wearing off.

This has been here for over a year.. It started of very light and when i first noticed it i taught i was a bruise but it just got darker and darker but it probably is just pigmentation or something!! Thank you :) x

That's what my self tanner looks like when it's wearing off.

A few people taught i was tan alright but its def not lol i dont use tan that much :) xx

How's your circulation.Ive seen something very much like this on many older people over the years and its due to a circulatory condition.

How's your circulation.Ive seen something very much like this on many older people over the years and its due to a circulatory condition.

Nope no problems with my circulation :) i find it strange because i have no symptoms whatsoever like itching or soreness!! Its just there lol :)

i would agree with charliebee, its definatly hyperpigmentation. I would also associate this with clients prone to freckles, and using the sunbed far too much. In your diet do you have alot of vitamen d intake? xoxo

i would agree with charliebee, its definatly hyperpigmentation. I would also associate this with clients prone to freckles, and using the sunbed far too much. In your diet do you have alot of vitamen d intake? xoxo

I do have freckles on my face which i hate lol!! I dont use the sunbeds at all and i do have very sensitive skin which im taking antihistamines for!! I dont take alot of vitamin d really as i dont eat fish or anything!! I should start taking a supplement.. Im not doubting that it could be pigmentation but if it is im just wondering why the doctor has not been able to tell me this!! Thanks :) xxx

I have that on my knee and it's hyper pigmentation :) of course I am not a doctor so yours may be different but it looks similar ;)

Just looks like hyperpigmontation to me. This is nothing to worry about, but if it has suddenly just come on, I would worry about what was causing it.

Ok, it's called granuloma annulare. There's several types of it ranging from types with bumps and types that are just patchy rashes that can sometimes look like bruising. Could you give a more detailed description of it? Is it raised at all, does it ever fade?

Ok, it's called granuloma annulare. There's several types of it ranging from types with bumps and types that are just patchy rashes that can sometimes look like bruising. Could you give a more detailed description of it? Is it raised at all, does it ever fade?

Ive never heard of that before lol i must look it up :) its not raised at all and its as smooth as the rest of my legs and feet if you understand me, its not rough or anything.. It has faded abit on my legs but then can get darker but its never faded on my feet just gotten darker :) thanks so much to everyone who has given me there thoughts on what it is :) xx

Obviously I cannot give a diagnosis via picture ....but it looks very much like heamasiderosis due to venous insufficiency...if your arterial circulation is ok, it may be an idea to wear support stockings

Fiona

Podiatrist

Obviously I cannot give a diagnosis via picture ....but it looks very much like heamasiderosis due to venous insufficiency...if your arterial circulation is ok, it may be an idea to wear support stockings

Fiona

Podiatrist

What is heamasiderosis? I have never heard of that before.

Strange. It's not uncommon for people to develop patches of freckles later in life, but, looking at the picture there is clearly something vascular going on in that area as well. I would start asking every type of doctor you see to look at it. I wouldn't schedule appointments for it, but just ask in passing. It could be a symptom of something us estheticians haven't heard of. Let us know if you ever find out!

Surely if it was hyper pigmentation then the doc would have diagnosed it straight away??

Latest posts

Back