Has anyone tried the New Sienna X solution ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria dp

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Sienna X solution called Tonights the Night ? Its the quick developing 2 hour tan that was launched this week.

Not yet but they are sending it to me in Malaysia to try, the lady i spoke to Fiona was lovely and really helpful 08001313151
Leagha x.:)

Just called them and they sell a 250ml size that you can try. They told me it's 2hrs for fair skin and 4hrs for darker skin x

I received mine today and sprayed my boyfriend with it as a guinea pig. He left it on for exactly 2 hours before showering it off. The result was really good, lovely colour and I would say it looked similar colour to an 8% on him, going to spray my sister and ask her to leave it on for 4 hours to see the results as this is the maximum amount of time it needs to be on for to achieve the darker tone.

I saw it on today , it looks fab :)

Try just using the 16%, I think you will prob find it has the same result. I did it once as I was going out last minute on a sat night and worked for me!!

Try just using the 16%, I think you will prob find it has the same result. I did it once as I was going out last minute on a sat night and worked for me!!

The problem with just using a higher DHA is that it doesn't work like that for everyone, so not reliable xxx

does any body know what the (secret) ingredient is in these rapid tans, as there appears to be nothing different on the labels,
what makes the dha react quicker?
i have to say i think its all a marketting gimmick and that any tan will give a result after a couple of hours any way,

does any body know what the (secret) ingredient is in these rapid tans, as there appears to be nothing different on the labels,
what makes the dha react quicker?
i have to say i think its all a marketting gimmick and that any tan will give a result after a couple of hours any way,

I cannot speak for any other brand, but Vani-T Velocity is the one I work with.
Vani-T Velocity has a Transdermal Delivery System meaning it delivers the active ingredients into the dermal layer quicker and deaper. Also it has quad bronzing ingredients - DHA, Eruthrose, Black Walnut Extract and Bronzers.

Some 'rapid' tans are only a higher DHA (a good clue to that is if they refuse to tell you the DHA content) or have increased Glycols to help penetration (glycols are very bad for the skin).

Hope that helps a little :)
xxx

This may be true for some people but not everyone. I know that this doesn't work on my skin as I have tried it before.
Therefore it isn't a reliable way to sell your tan to clients xxx

thanks jen ,Transdermal delivery system means through skin ? dont all tans penetrate through the skin ?
and i have just done some research on black walnut oil and although it stains the top layer of skin as do bronzing agents, it doesnt mix with the amino acids to make skin actually change tone, like DHA and eruthrose,
I am still to be convinced that there is any difference in rapid tans other than the walnut oil is used as an additional bronzing agent,
When i have asked companies for a straight answer to my question i get told its because we have things like "transdermal delivery system " which just means through the skin, all tans do that, some of the reps dont know what it means, and nobody has given me a straight answer
The stuff costs more (much more in some cases) but the ingredients on the bottle are the same, it obviously doesnt quantify the amounts of dha or walnut oil or we could all make it ourselves :)
And also is there a danger to clients with nut allergies, using a solution containing black walnut oil

thanks jen ,Transdermal delivery system means through skin ? dont all tans penetrate through the skin ?
and i have just done some research on black walnut oil and although it stains the top layer of skin as do bronzing agents, it doesnt mix with the amino acids to make skin actually change tone, like DHA and eruthrose,
I am still to be convinced that there is any difference in rapid tans other than the walnut oil is used as an additional bronzing agent,
When i have asked companies for a straight answer to my question i get told its because we have things like "transdermal delivery system " which just means through the skin, all tans do that, some of the reps dont know what it means, and nobody has given me a straight answer
The stuff costs more (much more in some cases) but the ingredients on the bottle are the same, it obviously doesnt quantify the amounts of dha or walnut oil or we could all make it ourselves :)
And also is there a danger to clients with nut allergies, using a solution containing black walnut oil

ha ha I was told about the post on the facebook page :) Ok I will try to explain as best i can. But I am perhaps not very good at it lol.
My understanding is that the Transdermal Delivery is deeper and quicker than most normal tans. Vani-T are not likely to give any other details away as there have already been many attempts to copy Vani-T. Vani-T spent years developing this system.
Velocity doesn't contain black walnut oil, it is black walnut extract (there is a difference) to my understanding this has a sort of henna effect on the skin but no idea how long this will last - sorry. Also, because it is an extract I believe it has minimal effect on nut allergy sufferers - I would like to point out though, that I always cover allergies when doing a tan consultation and I patch test my clients so I would be aware of any nut allergy.
Yes it is a bit more expensive, but you do get a lot more tans per litre than some other brands and so is not much more per tan.
Ingredients are listed in order of quantity.

Hopefully Kassy or TanEnvy can explain better if I haven't made sense xx

Got to go got a client in 2 mins xxx

Appologies to the original poster, i was trying to help people understand the difference in rapid tans, but it has become a little side tracked.
Sorry xxx

To clarify - DHA does not penetrate the skin, it requires penetrants to do this. It only works on the outer epidermis (the dead skin cells) and does not penetrate any deeper than this. The transdermal delivery system enables the active ingredients (DHA and Erythrulose) to act quickly - instead of the usual 8 hours to tan, it takes much less time. All other rapid tans on the market use higher DHA (14-18%) to stain the skin quickly or contains glycols to assist with penetration into the skin.

The Vani-T transdermal delivery system comes from our unique blend of ingredients and manufacturing process to instigate the tanning process much faster. We do not believe in loading the solution with high concentrations of DHA as the fading is poor, and dries the skin too much.

I personally don't think there is any difference, i'm pretty sure its prob just their 16% solution you are getting

i am confused ???? this was a post about sienna but it seems to have been taken over by vani-t reps
it seems to suggest that sienna and other companies are marketting 16% as a rapid tan:rolleyes:??

Yes, the original poster works for Sienna and then the Vani-T reps come on. Quite bizarre :eek:

Actually I came on to talk about rapid tans in general as some people were suggesting that a higher DHA does the same thing - which isn't a reliable rapid tan.
I was then pushed on explaining how they worked and I said that I could only speak for Vani-T as it was the only one that I knew about.
I also apologised at the bottom of my post for the thread being hijacked and hoped it would get back on track.

What i was meaning to say was, that someone said that the Vani-t reps had taken over a thread about Sienna but, the person who asked the original question is a Sienna X rep.
I'm just wondering why they were asking if anyone had tried the new Sienna X tan.

Cool, I certainly would have prefered not to have to explain about vani-t on a sienna thread, but I was asked the questions and could only answer what I knew about x

Yes i do work for Sienna X and have done for the last 5 years as many of you know already and I was Just interested in customers feedback really. Your input is a great help to any manufacturer when they are launching a new product such as Tonights the Night.

Latest posts

Back