Has CND changed their products formulas for Brisa Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cel75

Reaction score
I'm extremely frustrated and need some feedback/input. I've been a nail tech for the past 12 years. I'm no beginner by any means. I've been using Brisa since the beginning. My clients come to me because my nails last at least 3-4 weeks in between maintenance. I've always been so confident and proud of my work. I hardly ever have someone who has service breakdown. Well that all started changing 2 months ago. I thought it might be the Brisa bond at first. So I replaced it. That didn't seem to change a thing. My lamp is the first generation CND UV lamp. I change the bulbs frequently. My indicator light was still green however I thought maybe it was time to purchase a new lamp anyways. My Beauty Supply store was advertising the new LED lamp by CND but none of the supply stores had them so I bought a Gelish brand LED lamp. Still people's nails popping off even the day I did them. I felt I couldn't question CND about the product since I was using another manufacturers lamp so I called around to find the new CND LED lamp, found it purchased one and also replaced all my product for good measure. Love the new lamp! Was certain my worries were completely over....until this morning, I had a client (who's nails I just rebalanced thurs and has been getting them done for 10 years) text me saying 3 nails popped off the first night and now a 4th!!! I feel like pulling my hair out. This is seriously going to hurt my livelihood if I can't figure this out. I'm doing nothing different now 12 years later and even as a beginner this NEVER happened. Has anyone else had issues lately with Brisa? No problems with shellac and other gel polish services. And yes I'm following PREP before hand!

I'm extremely frustrated and need some feedback/input. I've been a nail tech for the past 12 years. I'm no beginner by any means. I've been using Brisa since the beginning. My clients come to me because my nails last at least 3-4 weeks in between maintenance. I've always been so confident and proud of my work. I hardly ever have someone who has service breakdown. Well that all started changing 2 months ago. I thought it might be the Brisa bond at first. So I replaced it. That didn't seem to change a thing. My lamp is the first generation CND UV lamp. I change the bulbs frequently. My indicator light was still green however I thought maybe it was time to purchase a new lamp anyways. My Beauty Supply store was advertising the new LED lamp by CND but none of the supply stores had them so I bought a Gelish brand LED lamp. Still people's nails popping off even the day I did them. I felt I couldn't question CND about the product since I was using another manufacturers lamp so I called around to find the new CND LED lamp, found it purchased one and also replaced all my product for good measure. Love the new lamp! Was certain my worries were completely over....until this morning, I had a client (who's nails I just rebalanced thurs and has been getting them done for 10 years) text me saying 3 nails popped off the first night and now a 4th!!! I feel like pulling my hair out. This is seriously going to hurt my livelihood if I can't figure this out. I'm doing nothing different now 12 years later and even as a beginner this NEVER happened. Has anyone else had issues lately with Brisa? No problems with shellac and other gel polish services. And yes I'm following PREP before hand!

I don't have the answer, but I sincerly hope someone can help you. Good luck.

Is this Brisa Hard Gel or Brisa Lite? Only I've had popping off issues with BLite & the new Led lamp, initially lifting from the tip end

It's Brisa hard gel that I'm using. It was only one client but I replaced 5 nails today. One popped clean off the other 4 just had a lot of lifting. I checked in with all other clients that I've used the new lamp on and so far this seems to be an isolated issue. It's possible her nail is just now to weak to create a good bond. I also checked that her hand placement was correct. I did correct the placement once or twice telling her to put them in a bit further. I guess I'll find out in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed!

I have been havin the same problem. One off my clients could go 6 weeks without any lifting, but today 3 had popped off. Did the LED light work better ?. I still have the UV light.

Latest posts

Back