Haunted houses and personal ghost stories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberExt

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I grew up in a haunted house, did any of you?

*This is just for fun (or therapy ;-) ) please if you dont believe or dont like the subject please dont ridicule :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

No but I do believe in spirits,

When my nana died we were all sitting in her living room discussing readings for her funeral and my uncle started to read it to us all the knitting lady "as she sat in her chosen corner"

My nana always sat in the same chair with her knitting box behind it and her standard lamp in the corner well

When he read that sentence the lamp switched on!!

Her way of telling us that was the reading for sure

Oh the brass clock on fireplace stopped at her time of death

I completely believe in ghosts and spirits. Sometimes I'm not sure if its something I tell myself I should believe as a comfort so you feel people have never left you?
A short time after my dad died (I was 9) my mum said she woke up and my dad was stood at the bottom of the bed looking at her before he left and walked into mine and my sisters room.
My grandad died on holiday (I was 11) and my mum flew out to be with my grandma, they were both sharing a room the day after my grandad die and my grandma woke up and she said grandad was stood over her wearing the same clothes as the day he died.
I'm 20 now and before my 21st, I'm still hoping to get a reading maybe to connect with my dad and grandad because I miss them terribly 😔

I believe :)

I went for a reading on Halloween nearly 3 years ago when I was pregnant and the lady I had my reading with, told me that when I had my son ( I did'nt know I was having a boy) he would be very connected to the spirit world and this would be my biological father. He had died 7 years before. She told me the only way this would stop is if I told him to leave my son alone and if I accepted how sorry he was for the way he treated me.
Several times I have walked into my sons room and he seems to be talking to someone or when putting him to bed he'll point and say night to my dad. I've not asked him to leave my son alone as I'm hoping its my dads way of making it up to me for being such a bad dad. xx

I believe in ghosts and spirits.

When my brother died if i was watching TV and it was a program he didn't like the TV would turn over onto his favorite program!

Lights would turn on and off and on his birthday and the anniversary of when he died our house fire alarm would go off at the time he was born and the time he died. My mum and dad moved to Spain 9 years after he died and the same thing happens in there new house.

I've also woken up a few times to him been at the bottom of my bed. Which were both of the days i found out i was pregnant then the first night i brought my children home.

Now my son who is 3 tells me he's seen him and his grandad (my husbands dad who died 11 years ago) in his bedroom. The other morning he came into my bed and told me uncle Jamie (my brother) and grandad Stephen had woke him up last night and were dressing up as crocodiles which my son loves and is something my brother and husbands dad would of done if they were still here. (maybe not in the middle of the night though)

When I was little I used to see a man called umpa u carnt remember but apparently I used to go on about him constant. My mum went to see a spiritualist and she said that my sis n bro that my mum had miscarriaged was always around me. And said that they was guna do something to me so I know I was there. My nanas dog had puppy's and I went upstairs by my self to weigh it I bent down and I had a plait in my hair and my plait stood on end I **** my self and ran down the stairs. Annother one. My family is quite spiritual and my auntie sees ghost all the time. When she was little her brother who had passed away used to torment her all the time and jump out at her. She was once layed on a air bed on the floor in the living room and was pulled across the floor. She has seen alsorts and hears alsorts. I've got loads of story's xx

I love reading about other people's experiences with ghost and spirits :) I always find it so heart warming and comforting. Although I wonder if anyone's had a bad experience with a ghost? 👻

My nana lived in a house in Bradford and she had bought some furniture from someone the ghost was aparantly In the furniture . Loads of bad things was happening in the house with my auntie and her. My nana got strangled in her sleep :-/. My auntie got locked In the bathroom then saw I my pulling annother my across the floor with a noose around his neck. Loads of more stuff. They had to get a priest. To bless the house xx

My mums (where i used to live) is a victorian terrace which has probably had loads of people dye in it but there was an old man who lived there before the people before us and we found his death certificate in the cellar and he died in the house. Every now and then in the living room you get this really strong smell of pipe smoke, and no one smokes & we have been living there for 10 years!! He's sat next to you smoking his pipe in his slippers!!

And once in the living room the wooden blind string thing started to sway and the doors and windows were closed & there wasn't a draft, i just sat there frozen staring at it until it stopped, then ran out lol!

Oh also i walked into my daughters room one morning to find her asleep in bed but all her teddies and bedding all over the floor, she would have had to get out of bed and walk over to her chair and pull them down, i left the door open but it was closed and she was only little & wouldn't have had the strength, when she woke up in the night she would cry until we came through so was totally out of character & i was so freaked out! Her door occasionally opens in the night even though i always close it!!

My friends mum was a clair voyant and she apparently always had stray ghosts in the house that had sneaked through one of her mums meetings! One night my friend woke up with this guy at the foot of her bed looking very angry, she screamed for her mum & he disappeared, she gave a description and her mum told her he was a serial killer who had got through one night!! She got rid of him some how. Her mum miscarried and the little boy would write things in the steam in the shower to them, little pictures

Freaked myself out reading this before bed :-/ maybe in the morning ill tell you a few of my stories.

Our house which we used to live in but rent out now had something in it. My daughter was always scared of her bedroom ( which was always freezing cold, no other room was), my husband used to randomly smell toast when no one was cooking it and no windows open and when my friend babysat for us once who is psychic medium, we went home to find her standing outside the front door. She was so scared because she felt something in the lounge behind her, it was a priest in full black robes and when she turned back there was a massive black shadow in the corner of the room with no explanation why. We found out that our relatively new house was built on the sight of an old chapel, when this chapel was no longer used, they used to store bodies there before going to the crematorium up the road. Since moving, (touch wood!) we have had absolutely nothing. The night she babysat I was so scared when I got into bed I actually said, come on show yourself then and my mobile randomly lit up! My friend cleansed the house for us and it improved for a bit but things started happening again a couple of months later. The house always felt like it had something there, always an atmosphere.

No stories but I've loved reading! I'm a believer :)

Amazing stories!

I sometimes get spirits attached to me and in life threatening situations I see Angels- those who help us live and those who take our souls away :( Very sad tho!

The one spirit that stuck in my mind was a little girl that played tricks on me :) Some spirits I can see in the corner of my eye, hear laughing, talking to me, smell etc.

But I have an exorcist that keeps me clean and send them away ;) Thanks crunchie they go if side to do so!

We had a 'him' I dont remember much at all, we moved when I was about 10 but I remember sitting on the living room floor, stop and say 'he's coming, he's coming downstairs' and staring at the door fully expecting 'him' to come in, oddly enough we used to go to church and I thought it was jesus at first!! (I think I was about 4 or 5 and it was the first thing like this I remember) it happened lots of times and I used to feel really intense, its hard to describe.

I used to ask for permission to go to the loo and my mum asked why I asked and I said I didnt think he'd let me so im asking you....

I though it was a haunted landing but now I think it was in my sisters built in wardrobe, I never ever went in her room!

Once i was stuck in the loo screaming and screaming to be collected, I just couldnt open the door as he was on the landing waiting, oooh *shudder!

If I wanted to go upstairs it was a long process of stand in the hall, and peer up the stairs... ok creap up the stairs until I could peep through the railing... ok bomb it up while it was safe... lots of false starts along the way took 1/2 hour!

In the garden id never look up to my sisters window, like it just never existed.

She wont talk about it but still apparently has nightmares, I just brood on it on occassions

I am definitely a believer after my experiences.

Sorry if I spook anyone!

My first experience was when I was 12 and I stayed at my friends house. They lived in 17th century house which had been converted into 2 houses. They finally managed to buy the other house and reconverted it back to one big house. This house was sooo old, the upstairs was very slanted and you could see between the cracks of the wooden floor slats to the ground floor. It was a standard joke that the ghost of the house would like to play pranks. Taking washing off the line, lighting the aga, moving things from the larder etc. But for me it wasn't a joke when one night I had a sleepover and was woken by footsteps. I leant over my bed to actually see the footsteps imprinted on the floor below me.

My second experience was when I was 14. My grandmother was a medium and when she died, we experienced objects flying at us, things going missing, fires being started in our garden. This finally stopped when my mother saw a priest and we were advised to get rid of anything belonging to her. Sad.... but it worked!

My third experience was when my first marriage broke up, we lived in a 2 up, 2 down with steep stairs. Every time I stood at the bottom of the stairs it went very cold. I was told to ignore it, so I did for about 3 weeks, but then after that, when I walked down the stairs in the morning, I had a clock thrown at me, pictures flown at me, or anything else that was reasonably light and could be moved thrown at me. The final straw came when I was woken by a lot of noise and finally plucked up the courage to venture downstairs to find the front door wide open and a massive gale blowing through the house! (I had all sorts of locks on my front door - as I lived in an undesirable area). No sign of break in. Needless to say I moved out of there immediately!!

Just to add, in case people don't believe, mine are all recorded cases.

Would like to meet a nice spirit at some point though ;-) xx

I would of said "what a load of crap" but once me and my friend and I had an argument we were 17 we walked down an unlit road at night. This loud noise and man came from nowhere charged like in battle time in front of us passing up and through (yes through) a fence. We looked at each other screamed and ran like hell back home. That was definitely a host no significance to us but a ghost, I was convinced it was a school night and we were not high. She remembers this incident exactly the same to this day. If anyone else told me this I would of thought there was a justifiable explanation, there can't be for what we saw.

I was looking after my aunties house and I was in my room and jumped out of my skin when I heard a door slam. Walked out of the room and her bedroom door slammed again. Then it started to open and close, like it was being pushed from both sides. I told it to stop it and it did. Freaked out, I sat on the porch til my brother came to my rescue, he laughed at me til we were watching tv, all the lights went out, doors started slamming and the front door flew open. Had a quiet week after that though! Haven't offered to house sit again!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great stories. I had an experience when I was an apprentice in a hair salon many years ago, my bosses wife use to go to seances we just thought she was a bit of a drama queen she use to say she found things on floor in morn like sugar honey and other food, well I was waiting for my boss a man to come back coz I wanted my hair highlighted,I had my back to the door way when from the corner of my eye I saw a tall man in a long trench coat pass by so I said " he's back shall I ask him " it wasn't him !! Then they moved and a new boss with 2 little boys took over we didn't say anything and within weeks she said "I'm sure this place is haunted" her little boy said a man sat at end of his bed and chatted to him. Very strange but interesting :)

Latest posts

Back