Have any of you done a Facebook competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have pm'd you H. Chin up though, January is a rubbish time of the year for us because no one has any money hence why we do freebie competitions to drum up business as we're struggling too. It will pick up :) xx

Great thread. Ive just put a comp on my fb page using the numbers thing and so far have 3 people! Im stopping at 60, Just hope I get there! I too was worried nobody would apply so I started off by sending my friends a pm on fb asking them to enter :). Let u know how I get on!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I did to 50. Have only have 5 people reply so far but I tagged all of my friends in the picture too.x

I've looked on my page today I've got 5 people which have shared my status and 2 new friends(people I don't know)which have both booked in for this week yay!! So hopefully it'll work out good.just all the close friends etc which I thought would just do it haven't :-( great support!
Good luck girls don't give up!! Xx

Oo soz forgot to say I've offered a choice of two treatments so that it'll appeal to more clients.Xx

Wish I did 50! I did 100 and only have 12 numbers! Lol I've got 40 likes on my page all together. I used the same wording as the example on here but obviously changed it to be relevant to what I do (ie the prize being a spray tan!) but what is wrong with people?! I hav had people liking the picture not the page, they comment with a number but don't like the page, and I've had people liking the page and not even entering the competition?!!!! Duh!!!! X

Wish I did 50! I did 100 and only have 12 numbers! Lol I've got 40 likes on my page all together. I used the same wording as the example on here but obviously changed it to be relevant to what I do (ie the prize being a spray tan!) but what is wrong with people?! I hav had people liking the picture not the page, they comment with a number but don't like the page, and I've had people liking the page and not even entering the competition?!!!! Duh!!!! X

Oh god I hate it when people like the link and not the page! How thick are they!?!

I haven't done mine yet, I'm worried it won't work now!
Rhiannon x

Oh god I hate it when people like the link and not the page! How thick are they!?!

x

Lol I hate that too :)

My comp has been running 1 day and hav 23 comments so far but only 1 extra fan to my page x

I have no people applied yet :(. Will advertise it more tomorrow and post it on friends pages :) x

Lol I hate that too :)

My comp has been running 1 day and hav 23 comments so far but only 1 extra fan to my page x

That's annoying! Could you put some kind of reminder on it to say that they must 'like' the page for their entry to be valid?
Rhiannon x

Hello, this is my first time writing on this site! And technology is not my strong point. I too don't understand Facebook page ect! I have a page for my home business, but don't understand how asking friends to like the page to enter a competition will gain me new likes? Am I missing something or just stupid?

I have no people applied yet :(. Will advertise it more tomorrow and post it on friends pages :) x

Oh no! Yeah try that, I've put a pre-competition post on some friends and clients walls in the hope that people read it. I was going to do mine tonight but I didn't get round to it. Tomorrow maybe :)
Rhiannon x

Yeah I will try that thanks. I didn't get a chance to reply to your comment on fb. I notice now your pic is fedora layered with strawberry. Upon closer inspection I seen this, it looked purple at first. Silly me. I don't know my fedora from my asphalt haha! X

Yeah I will try that thanks. I didn't get a chance to reply to your comment on fb. I notice now your pic is fedora layered with strawberry. Upon closer inspection I seen this, it looked purple at first. Silly me. I don't know my fedora from my asphalt haha! X

To be fair, it does look dark at a quick glance. Got the design from the CND video. It's fab, you should have a look for it on youtube.
Rhiannon x

3 new friends and 3 new bookings in 2 days from only a handful of friends entering! I'd say go for it girls seems well worth it just for a few more new bookings.Xx

To be fair, it does look dark at a quick glance. Got the design from the CND video. It's fab, you should have a look for it on youtube.
Rhiannon x

I will have a wee look. I've seen the glitter ones but I don't think I seen the leopard print one. Did you see the glitter one? That one was good x

I will have a wee look. I've seen the glitter ones but I don't think I seen the leopard print one. Did you see the glitter one? That one was good x

No I haven't! It's strange that some videos come up and some don't.

I've just launched my competition! Scared! Lol!
Rhiannon x

My comp has been removed from facebook :-( dont really know why??!

Just added mine to Facebook for a free Shellac or Gelicure treatment - fingers crossed I get a good response and no one removes from facebook! :eek:

I've just offered a £20 voucher to the winner, all they have to do is 'Like' my page. I didn't set a certain number of likes, I just said it finished on 5th Feb. Loads of people seem to have clicked like on the status rather than the page though, I just posted a wee note explaining how to enter properly :)xx

Latest posts

Back