Have any of you done a Facebook competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing this to drum up some likes on my facebook fan page and letting people know where I am. I was thinking maybe do a months free shellac or something? Or maybe winner gets a shellac hand and foot? Not really sure yet.

Have any of you done this and how did you do it? How did you get people to apply to the competiton? Was it through email or did you just add everyone who liked your page into it or what? I know I will put the competition up and then ask people to share it and whatever?

Im not really sure how to go about it, help!

:D x

I am thinking of doing this to drum up some likes on my facebook fan page and letting people know where I am. I was thinking maybe do a months free shellac or something? Or maybe winner gets a shellac hand and foot? Not really sure yet.

Have any of you done this and how did you do it? How did you get people to apply to the competiton? Was it through email or did you just add everyone who liked your page into it or what? I know I will put the competition up and then ask people to share it and whatever?

Im not really sure how to go about it, help!

:D x

Hi I am just training at the moment but I do have a Facebook page and a few customers that I practice on. I held a fb competition where I asked people to share my page, then tell their friends to write in my wall who sent them after they had liked it. The winner was the person who got me the most new likes on my page in this way. I had a lot of new fans and I offered a free set of fibreglass nails as the prize as this is the thing I'm confident in doing at the moment.
It went well but a lot of people liked the page and didn't say who sent them so I didn't count them likes only the ones who actually posted who has sent them.
X

Ahh thats a good idea. I was thinking more along the lines of anyone can just apply so it doesnt get too confusing. But I dont know whether to tell them to email me with their details or just include everyone who likes my page? Not sure.

Im glad this was successful for you though.

I did one and it was pretty successfull. I posted a status asking friends to tag my page in a status asking friends to add it. Whoever tagged me got put into the draw to win a set of gelish rockstars :) xxx

That sounds more like something im wanting to do stacie.

So you asked people to share you page? Is it a like page or a add a friend page you have?

It's a seperate account. I added most of my friends from my personal one.

Then in my beauty profile I put something along the lines of 'Competition time! Win a Gelish manicure!' I put a few good points about gelish and how much the treatment was worth and put 'simply tag me in a status telling friends to add my beauty page, to be in with a chance of winning this fab treatment. Winner will be picked at random on such and such a date'

It worked for me as I'd not had the account set up long. So gained a lot of new potential clients (a few booked in before christmas aswell) and the girl I chose was a first time client who has booked in with me again :) so win win xx

Ahhh that sounds good :). Only mines is a like page so I'm wondering how to go about it with that. X

Another way to do it would be to upload a picture of some of your work... detail the competiton and say to enter they should like your page then comment on the said picture with the next number in sequance (this sounds much more confusing than it actually is) and get friends to share on their wall. Basically, LIKE the page then comment on photo... 1st person puts a number 1.... 2nd person puts a number 2.... and so on, then when you have the desired number of entries you can put the details into a random genorater and find your winner. RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service Perhaps post a screen shot of the winning number with the 'Welldone to So-and-so '78'. Then all you need to do is PM the winner to set up a time etc.

Hope that makes sense.... saves you having to sift through loads of different comments, counting names etc. Good luck x

Ahhhh this is more of what I'm looking for!! This sounds like it could work for me.

So put up a photo of shellac nails or something and write in the caption how to apply. And then ask everyone to share it.

I will try this. Might do it later :D x

Ahhhh this is more of what I'm looking for!! This sounds like it could work for me.

So put up a photo of shellac nails or something and write in the caption how to apply. And then ask everyone to share it.

I will try this. Might do it later :D x

That's pretty much it but make sure you tell everyone to enter the comp by liking your page first... then commenting on photo with the next number.... that way it bumps up your 'likes' too :biggrin:

Another way to do it would be to upload a picture of some of your work... detail the competiton and say to enter they should like your page then comment on the said picture with the next number in sequance (this sounds much more confusing than it actually is) and get friends to share on their wall. Basically, LIKE the page then comment on photo... 1st person puts a number 1.... 2nd person puts a number 2.... and so on, then when you have the desired number of entries you can put the details into a random genorater and find your winner. RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service Perhaps post a screen shot of the winning number with the 'Welldone to So-and-so '78'. Then all you need to do is PM the winner to set up a time etc.

Hope that makes sense.... saves you having to sift through loads of different comments, counting names etc. Good luck x

I would like to do something like this but am not getting the jist of how you do it can someone explain to me in a bit more detail, I am having a moment of not understanding.
lol

cheers

Facebook is fairly concentrated on images, so I think you might be onto something with the idea of having photos - but the numbering thing might get a bit complicated.

It's worth just bearing in mind the whole idea of using Facebook ads - they're fairly easy to run, and from experience you can get a lot of 'likes' just off that. Obviously, there's a charge involved from Facebook though, so just depends on your spend really.

Thank you for your advice. I will give the number one a try though, i think it sounds fairly simple.

I have looked into facebook advertising but I have heard through this site it was rubbish from some people experience. They weren't showing it to the right people from the same city kind of thing.

It's a seperate account. I added most of my friends from my personal one.

Then in my beauty profile I put something along the lines of 'Competition time! Win a Gelish manicure!' I put a few good points about gelish and how much the treatment was worth and put 'simply tag me in a status telling friends to add my beauty page, to be in with a chance of winning this fab treatment. Winner will be picked at random on such and such a date'

It worked for me as I'd not had the account set up long. So gained a lot of new potential clients (a few booked in before christmas aswell) and the girl I chose was a first time client who has booked in with me again :) so win win xx

I want to do something like this but knowing my luck the 'winner' would be a friend of a friend who lives 50 miles away or something!! Lol

Haha I know. But at least people will still share your page and things. :) x

I want to do something like this but knowing my luck the 'winner' would be a friend of a friend who lives 50 miles away or something!! Lol

You could always have them travel to you? :wink2: x

Oh thank you very much. Thats exactly what I'm going to do. I will make something up tonight :D. EXCITED!!

I will let you know how I get on. X

Oh thank you very much. Thats exactly what I'm going to do. I will make something up tonight :D. EXCITED!!

I will let you know how I get on. X

Brilliant! Yes, do let us know how it goes x

You could always have them travel to you? :wink2: x

Ha ha yeh if they wanted it that badly....! Still good way to get your name out there tho-some good ideas thanks!! xx

Latest posts

Back