Have any of you done a Facebook competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comp has been removed from facebook :-( dont really know why??!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Oh no!! Why would this be??
Good luck everyone.Xx

I cant really understand it... Didnt think I was breaking any rules

Oh no! Can u ask them why?
Rhiannon x

I have offered a 10% discount to anyone that adds me on facebook :) terms and conditions are that they can only have one discount per person.
I have 1 person so far, and i havnt even advertised yet! They fiynd me frim my personal facebook page
X

Alot of good ideas here girls.

I have started sharing my competition tonight and so far have 12 applicants and about 5 new likes :D chuffed! Just hope it doesn't stop now and they keep applying! X

I did one and it was pretty successfull. I posted a status asking friends to tag my page in a status asking friends to add it. Whoever tagged me got put into the draw to win a set of gelish rockstars :) xxx

I did this after reading this post. I selected my winnder on Monday. I emailed her and let her know she had won. I also offered a further 10% off for friends who booked on the same day. She has booked in for her free Gelish and is paying for Eyelash ext and eyebrow waxing, her mum has also booked in for treatments and so has her sis so all in all the competition has got me a booking worth £78! I am going to do one each week during Jan x

I've only got 5 numbers so far :(
Rhiannon x

This is a great idea, have been wanting to do something similar myself but haven't as yet as I seem to recall naturalnails saying in another thread some time ago about you aren't allowed to run competitions on Facebook and is against their rules, this could be why (sorry, can't remember who it was that has said it in the thread now) your competition was removed xx

Facebook is very strict about competition rules. It's all done to protect Facebook as a platform so they want to distance themselves from any liabilities. Therefore any competition that selects a 'winner' that uses facebook's tools (such as 'like' or even posting a photo of the winner) run the risk of having your page shut down. You need to use a third party application such as 'wild fire' if you intend to select a winner (even if the winner is selected at random).

My comp has been removed from facebook :-( dont really know why??!

For running a 'like' competition.

Oh no!! Why would this be??
Good luck everyone.Xx

No competition can be run on facebook that requires someone to like the page first.

Oh no! Can u ask them why?
Rhiannon x

The way facebook want you to run a competion is:
You can state you have a competition on a stutus but ALL aplications MUST be via email & the anouncement of winner must be via email.

Basically making it a pointless excercise.

I was going to do a win a spray tan competition for mothers day last year but found the rules so silly that it meant it was a pointless thing so didn't do it.

Here are the rules:
http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php

Oh I didn't know it wasn't allowed. I don't know what to do now. I think I might just draw a winner and close the competition early. Or just run this one and not do another one. X

Prob gonna let mine run.I've done mine where friends rag me in a status do you think this is ok?Xx

I've run a few and been ok so I wouldn't worry too much x

I'll just do this one till it finishes then. X

Good to see it's working for some of you... From my post last week, I had some lovely PM's.

Been a bit quiet on here as I really took it personally and felt like poop.

Just wanna thank those that sent me some really kind words and to anyone considering a comp, keep it up.

Don't let me and my billy no mates experience put you off.

Keep up the good work, chaps

Love H x

Aww I hope you are ok love?

Keep your chin up :). You always have us geeks. Xxxxxx

Aww I hope you are ok love?

Keep your chin up :). You always have us geeks. Xxxxxx

And I have really enjoyed chatting on here most of the day... Good to be back x

It's good to have you back. I enjoy reading your responses. X

Hi all,

Using Facebook can be a great way of building awareness and, of course, a really effective way of creating a bigger buzz around your business is to run a competition or promotion. However be careful as Facebook has guidelines governing competitions and promotions on Facebook. These are summerised in their promotions guidelines which are here: Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php

We are currently running a competition on Facebook but have used a 3rd party software called WooBox to keep inline with the terms. You can see how our competition works here: http://woobox.com/yxpy8c I have seen several pages and accounts be closed down for not following the terms so be a little careful :)

Hope it helps.

D

Latest posts

Back