Have any of you done a Facebook competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is excellent, I may also have to 'steal' your idea! X

That's quite alright... I stole it from someone else :lol: :smack: :wink2:

Good luck x

Fantastic idea! I hope you don't mind if I pinch it?
Rhiannon x

Brilliant idea, need to get my page shared around a bit more so I may be using this idea as well :) x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Lol I have done this, got over 80 likes in a couple of days but competition went a bit wild lol xx

Oh that's great. I was worried about doing it in case I didn't get to the number of people applying to the competition and it got a bit embarrassing lol!

I will do it tonight now I think. X

Oh that's great. I was worried about doing it in case I didn't get to the number of people applying to the competition and it got a bit embarrassing lol!

I will do it tonight now I think. X

I'm the same! I may do mine Monday eve then.
Rhiannon x

Haha! Yeah well I will either do mines tonight or monday. See what I'm upto.

Let me know how you get on and I will vice versa. I was going to say I will share your competition but that's a hit pointless as you will be wanting people in your area to apply.

X

Haha! Yeah well I will either do mines tonight or monday. See what I'm upto.

Let me know how you get on and I will vice versa. I was going to say I will share your competition but that's a hit pointless as you will be wanting people in your area to apply.

X

Lol yes, might be a bit pointless being at opposite ends of the country! :) Are you going to do the numbers thing? I'm a bit concerned that people won't understand or they will write the same number twice or something. Oh well we'll see!
Rhiannon x

Only thing that happened to me everyone was sharing it but some friends from up north ( I'm in Essex ) liked it . Had a few from all over, person that won it were from middlesbrough lol x

Only thing that happened to me everyone was sharing it but some friends from up north ( I'm in Essex ) liked it . Had a few from all over, person that won it were from middlesbrough lol x

Oh no! Maybe I'll put a little note on mine about being from the local area. Thanks for letting us know.
Rhiannon x

Yeah I will put a little note aswell in that case.

I am going to do the number thing. And see how it goes, if people turn out to be quite thick I will try a different method next time lol! X

Oh no! Maybe I'll put a little note on mine about being from the local area. Thanks for letting us know.
Rhiannon x

What about setting a distance to which you are willing to travel, if the winner is outside this area then they would need to travel to you or perhaps put together a little pamper/goody bag (to post) for them if they would prefer?

Just an idea x

I've just done mine after reading all your brilliant ideas!! I've done mine win a free spray tan or facial! I'll let you know how it goes.running in time for winner to have it just before valentines day. ;-) Xx

I put mines up about an hour ago. I've said it will close at 100 people. So far I have 1 like but she didnt apply .....

It's to win either shellac nails or toes and a mini solar oil. X

I did one inspired by this thread... Ran it for 2 days and no-one bothered to enter. Some supportive friends I have!

I did one inspired by this thread... Ran it for 2 days and no-one bothered to enter. Some supportive friends I have!

I'll enter! I never win anything so if I'm the only one I figure I can't lose ;)

Honestly though, my friends are exactly the same! x

Oh no! I don't think anyone has applied to mines yet either. How embarrassing. Haha!

A girl I have on my page is very successful at them aswell. Loads of people share hers x

I was really hurt actually...

Had the worse start to a year ever personally so have been spending time immersed in work.

I have done everything that applies to me in my area from Lynne's fantastic thread but guess what?

NOTHING!!!

Mailshot and SMS inactive clients, not 1 call or text back!

Bit of a Jan sale on, nothing!

Advertising everywhere, nothing!

This is how desperate I am:

Tried to become an affiliate for Living Social and Groupon, LS have declined me and Groupon haven't replied.

I don't normally get like this but I did spit the dummy out and I stopped the comp and I more or less told my FB friends to stick it!

Basically, as I moved to Chester, I asked my Chester contacts (friends/family) to tag my business page and I'd pick a name at random and offer a free male manicure or a free shellac for a female winner.

My friend in Stoke wanted to enter but is too far for me

My mates from London, Crawley and Brighton and Australia and the US wanted to enter but too far.

Can you see why I feel like tearing my hair out? Or am I just being too sensitive?

Yet, for all you on this post that are running successful comps, I'm really happy for you.

Cherish that support because there is nothing worse than feeling alone in business.

Sorry to hijack thread,

Bit tearful now so gonna go

H x

I was really hurt actually...

Had the worse start to a year ever personally so have been spending time immersed in work.

I have done everything that applies to me in my area from Lynne's fantastic thread but guess what?

NOTHING!!!

Mailshot and SMS inactive clients, not 1 call or text back!

Bit of a Jan sale on, nothing!

Advertising everywhere, nothing!

This is how desperate I am:

Tried to become an affiliate for Living Social and Groupon, LS have declined me and Groupon haven't replied.

I don't normally get like this but I did spit the dummy out and I stopped the comp and I more or less told my FB friends to stick it!

Basically, as I moved to Chester, I asked my Chester contacts (friends/family) to tag my business page and I'd pick a name at random and offer a free male manicure or a free shellac for a female winner.

My friend in Stoke wanted to enter but is too far for me

My mates from London, Crawley and Brighton and Australia and the US wanted to enter but too far.

Can you see why I feel like tearing my hair out? Or am I just being too sensitive?

Yet, for all you on this post that are running successful comps, I'm really happy for you.

Cherish that support because there is nothing worse than feeling alone in business.

Sorry to hijack thread,

Bit tearful now so gonna go

H x

Aww don't cry hun,I'm in the same boat at the moment,no one wants to spend money in my area most of the time let alone after Xmas :(

I'm doing a waxing and tinting course and getting some nail wraps in this month to try and tempt people in.

My problem is NSS at the moment,clients trying to barter my prices down because they get it done cheaper but they aren't the clients I want and refuse to offer a set for £10.

It is so hard at the mo,always feeling useless and then other Therapists say they are fully booked and we must be doing something wrong and make it even worse.

It will get better though I just want summer to hurry up for my overload of spray tans and rockstar toes lol

Keep your chin up x x

Latest posts

Back