Have been offered a nail table to rent-questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
following on from my post last night I have been to see a hairdresser who is willing to let me rent a space for nails. You may be surprised to hear it is actually within a hospital.
Nurses obviously can't have their nails done but there are of course secretaries and admin staff as well as patients and visitors, including outside people.

The hairdressing side is busy and she has had beauty therapists before but says they did not do their own advertising etc. Well I am quite happy to find my own clients, I've done it before.

She asked me how much I wanted to pay. I had no idea and she left it for me to come up with an amount. Initially I will be doing just Saturdays until I build up clients. I will then work around my 3 shifts a week I do at the hospital as an HCA and eventually I hope to go back to be doing nails permenantly.

So now I need to get insurance I used to be with Babtac. My only problem is that my nail manicure certificate states my previous name. Can I still get insurance with this?

I'm so excited and so much to do. I do need some more shellac bits and bobs, if I can remember my sign in :eek:

Lorraine x

It really depends on whether it is actually space or a room. I'm guessing from your pits it is space but will she include water, electric etc or will she expect you to contribute towards bills? I would say you'll work on a commission rate for the first two months whilst you build your client base and then move to a set day rate but make sure you know the day rate before you start there I would say around £20-25 a day but it depends where you live.
As for insurance as long as you have your certificates for your qualifications and proof of name change you'll have no problem getting insurance.
Hope this helps! X

Latest posts

Back