Have I ruined my L&P brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinkyPinky

Reaction score
I have only done my first 3 days of the CND Foundation Course so I am a real newbie at all this! I went to use my brush this afternoon and half of it has gone hard. I cleaned it with monomer after I used it yesterday and put it in my brush box. I don't know what I have done wrong or what could be the possible cause? Is there anyway I can save the brush? It's a really good one that I would like to save if I can.

I have only done my first 3 days of the CND Foundation Course so I am a real newbie at all this! I went to use my brush this afternoon and half of it has gone hard. I cleaned it with monomer after I used it yesterday and put it in my brush box. I don't know what I have done wrong or what could be the possible cause? Is there anyway I can save the brush? It's a really good one that I would like to save if I can.

Try leaving it to soak in some clean monomer for a few hrs and see if this helps :)

I agree, leave it to soak in some clean monomer making sure that you do not bend the bristles. It is better if you can, in some way, suspend the brush so that it does not touch the bottom of the pot, a cardboard disk with a small hole in placed over the pot with the brush pushed through just enough so the brush is immersed in the liquid but not touching the bottom. Hope this is clear. Good luck! :)

Yes, as Natalie has said. But soak it near a wall, put the brush in the monomer in the container and stand the brush upright by attaching it to the wall with a blob of bluetack so that the brush is held above the bottom of the container, otherwise you might then be posting a thread about how to straighten bent brush hairs. :eek:

Little tip, use an eyedropper or pipette, cut the thin end off so the squeezy end is left put your brush in this so it doesnt touch the bottom, no way it can slip and bend the brush then. Just tip a little bit of liquid in there

If the acrylic still doesnt come out you can soak it in brush cleaner for about 60 seconds then wipe it down making sure all the acrylic has come out and then soak it in monomer overnight.

This is only if you absolutely have to. You should try to avoid using brush cleaner as much as possible because it dries out the hairs. In the beginning its hard not to as your still figuring out ratios so you may end up with hard acrylic in your brush.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of your replies. I will try to fix it today - fingers crossed xx

I've ruined 2 brushes by trimming the hard bits off :eek:
( I tend to get distracted easily and walk away from what I am doing only to return to a stiff brush a few hours later... :o )

if only I had asked for advice when I had done it as I could have saved my lovely pro styler :cry:
and it also proved I'm no hairdresser....!!!!

But lesson learnt....and I haven't needed to do the monomer soaking trick but I will always remember what to do should the occasion arise :lol:

Hope it works and best of luck with the rest of your training xxxxx

Soaking in monomer as mentioned is the way to go! CND suggests not to use brush cleaner, only monomer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee, it worked!! I left it all day yesterday but still hard in places so I left it all night then gave it a few wipes on a pad and bingo it's saved! Thank you everyone for your advice. I just need to master the art of L&P now :lol:

Latest posts

Back