have you experienced a greenie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if any of you have experienced a greenie on yourselves? I have had acrylics on from June this year non stop! I would normally just take them off and put a fresh set on instead of infilling but over the last 2 months or so I have just done natural acrylics and painted them for a change but have done infills about 3 times - I didn't do a fresh set!

The last time I infilled was last Sunday and painted them again! I decided to take them off today to go back to pink and whites tomorrow but have noticed that one of my thumb's has a greenie on it. Never experienced this before! Its sort of a medium green but is sitting half way up the nail.

Has anyone had this themselves? Should I have a break from the acrylics for a while?

Here hun this will help a bit http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unatural/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html
The trouble with painting you nails is that you cannot see what is going on underneath.
You have obviously had lifting on that nail and not known about it due to the colour being over the top, have you been washing up with no rubber gloves on, as dirty washing up water is a breeding ground for bacteria.
Remove your enhancement on that nail make sure you scrub fresh the nail plate well and reapply your enhancement, there is nothing that you do do with the stain that is left im afraid, its there until it grows out. But as long as you removed the enhancement and sanitse the nail plate with scrubfresh you will remove the bacteria safely to be able to reapply.
HTH
Jen xx

Here hun this will help a bit http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unatural/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html
The trouble with painting you nails is that you cannot see what is going on underneath.
You have obviously had lifting on that nail and not known about it due to the colour being over the top, have you been washing up with no rubber gloves on, as dirty washing up water is a breeding ground for bacteria.
Remove your enhancement on that nail make sure you scrub fresh the nail plate well and reapply your enhancement, there is nothing that you do do with the stain that is left im afraid, its there until it grows out. But as long as you removed the enhancement and sanitse the nail plate with scrubfresh you will remove the bacteria safely to be able to reapply.
HTH
Jen xx

Shouldn't it be left for a couple of days before replacing the L&P just to make sure the bacteria is all gone/dead?
If the Scrubfresh was to miss a tiny bit it would all start again?

No its fine as long as you are meticulous with the scrubfresh there is no reason why you cannot reapply the L&P, Just leave off the colour so you can see if anything untoward is happening.
Jen xxx

Jen is right, so long as the nail enhancement is removed the air will kill the bacteria - it's the bacteria's poo that stains the nail plate green, the green is not the actual bacteria.
The bacteria survives in warm, dark moist environments & feeds off the nail plate, so as soon as it is opened up to the air it begins to die.
Santise the nail plate with CND Scrubfresh or surgical spirit - an alcohol based sanitiser & it will kill it.

Be sure to dispose of any files used during this processs & steep any metal implements in barbicide for a good while after washing them with hot soapy water.

You can then overlay as normal.

If the bacterial infection has turned a very dark green/black (this would take awhile) I'd be suggesting a visit to the GP, but in 7+ years of being a nail tech, I have never seen one that bad & have never had one myself on my own nails. Infact, I have only seen a handful of clients with them - usually it's the ones that think it's a good idea to glue the nail back on it they've knocked it off through trauma.
I do not provide them with the glue to do this by the way!

Many thanks, that just clears it up in my head.
I think I had got it into my head that it needed a little airing before reapplying.x

Latest posts

Back