Have you heard the exciting news??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what excellent news!!!

i have had the pleasure of competing in the international nail championships in germany twice.

they organisation of this event was phenomonal!

i have high hopes for the nailolympics in london, one question alex...
as the entry fee is on par with the international championships, will that mean that the prize money will b similar to this event?

liza x

liza smith said:
one question alex...
as the entry fee is on par with the international championships, will that mean that the prize money will b similar to this event? liza x
Nice one Liza - may make a difference Alex to who decides to enter - if cash prizes are big - good incentive to do better nails to win!!!

Dear Liza

The Nailympics London promises great prizes, as you would expect from an event of this calibre

Details to be released soon!

Watch this space and, of course, Scratch magazine!

Alex Fox

[email protected] ;)

Hi guys

I have talked with Dianne D'Agnolo ( the force behind the Nailympics) and she promises heaps of examples of Show & Tell previous entries.

I will publish as soon as I can!!!!!

Keep excited!

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxx :green: :biggrin: :cool: :lol:

Hiya

As promised here are examples of the Show & Tell nail art display boxes that were submitted for the Nailympics in Las Vegas.

Now you've still got 5 1/2 months to create your own !!!!!

Go for it!

Alex Fox

:cool: :green: :lol: :biggrin: :up: :p

Attachments

• DSC_5899.jpg
    DSC_5899.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_5903.jpg
    DSC_5903.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_5904.jpg
    DSC_5904.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_5915.jpg
    DSC_5915.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_5920.jpg
    DSC_5920.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_5952.jpg
    DSC_5952.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 63
Sorry I dont understand whats show and tell? Do you do a set on tips only and leave it to be judged?

Fab Freak said:
Sorry I dont understand whats show and tell? Do you do a set on tips only and leave it to be judged?

Dear Fab Freak

there are 3 categroeis for nail art at tehe Nailympics.

Two are show & tell one is created on the day (Fantasy one-hour).

Mixed Media Nail Art & Airbrush categories

1 - This competition is a "show & tell" format. Nails are to be done on tips and placed in some type of covered display to be displayed in the competition arena. Covered displays may be bought or made.
2 - Covered displays cannot be larger than 10 inches in either direction and no more than 4 inches in height. Having a display any larger may result in it not being displayed and if it is too large, it may not be accepted. This is left to the discretion of the Nailympics staff.
3 - All entries are to be 100% complete before bringing to the competition.
4 - A full set of 10 tips are to be created and must reflect different sizes, as real nails do. Anyone using all one-size tip will have an automatic 10-point deduction to their final score.
5 - Maximum of 2 entries per competitor, each entry will incur a registration fee
6 - No entries left after the close of the competition will be returned to the competitor.
7 - All entries must be submitted by the deadline in the competition schedule, no entries accepted after the deadline on Sunday 20 March 2005.
8 - All entries must be left at the competition until the close of the competition on the third day.
9 - No entry will be accepted without a typed description of the work, including what types of nail art media were used.
10 - Competitors must use 3 of these 5 NAIL ART media: airbrushing, embellishments (rhinestones, striping tape etc), L&P, gel, hand painting. Failure to use three will result in a 10-point deduction for each media less than 3. No decals allowed. All three media used must be used in an artistic way, or they will not count towards the required 3 nail art media set forth by the rules. It is the competitor's responsibility to clarify anything questionable prior to the event and judges' decisions are accepted as final.
11 - No embellishment or L&P product may extend further than ¼" from the original nail surface in any direction, if it does, it will be a 10-point deduction
12 - Any embellishment to the actual tips, whether attached to the tip or not attached to the tip, will count and must not extend further than 1/4" from the nail surface or entry will be deducted 10 points.

See the October issue of Scratch for more info

regards

alex fox

:biggrin: :D :!: :up: :)

Oooh! this has got my juices flowing ...
I may be too cowardly for the other comps but, I sure as hell will be throwing my hat in the ring here :D

Fantastic news !

You can register for entry from next week!!! Please download a registration from the Quadex website - www.olympiabeauty.co.uk

or call me and I'll email it to you

Yippeeee - this soooo exciting!!!!

see ya
Alexxxxxxx

Hi

Ive not seen any pictures of the boxed displays are there any.

Heidi

Dear Heidi

Scroll up to post number 25 on this page and you'll see my attached pictures

click on them to get a beter look at teh detail

thanks

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :cool:

Hi Alex,

It does sound very exciting.

With regards to the media is that at least 3 different types must be used on each individual nail or over the entire collection of nails???

That is on one nail could I have just L&P and hand painted acrylic, but on another have hand painted acrylic, stones, L&P, and striping tape???

It's really got my imagination going! :D

Regards,

Karen

Karen said:
Hi Alex,

With regards to the media is that at least 3 different types must be used on each individual nail or over the entire collection of nails???

That is on one nail could I have just L&P and hand painted acrylic, but on another have hand painted acrylic, stones, L&P, and striping tape???

Regards,

Karen
Dear Karen

I am so sorry for my delay

I am currently finding out just what you need to know

and will post as soon as I can

regards Alex Fox

Great to see and hear so much interest

this is proving a truly exciting venture indeed!!!!!!!

Karen said:
Hi Alex,

Regards,

Karen
Dear Karen,

With the Mixed Media Nail Art the three types of nail art DO NOT have to be used on every nail, but you must use 3 different type altogether. Part of the judging is how well the types of nail art are used together, but they do not have to be on every nail.

I hope this has got your competitive creative nail juices flowing Karen!!!!!

kind regards Alex Fox

Hi Alex,I`ve just been reading through the rules for the mixed media nail art competition and number 12 says "Any embellishment to the actual tips,whether attached to the tip or not attatched to the tip,will count and must not extend further than 1/4" from the nail surface or 10 points will be deducted",Could you please elaborate on this for me as I`ve had a hard day and me no understandy.Thanks a lot Daryl x.

Dear Daryl
sorry for the delay

I have an answer here for you from Dianne D'Agnolo - founde, organiser and judge of the Nailympics

No design element of the nails should extend further than 1/4", whether it is physically attached to the tip or not.

This rule was revised because of a situation we had at last year's event. The rules stated no part of the nail design could extend from the nail by 1/4" and a competitor put a decorative thing all around each nail that looked like it was attached to the nail, but it was not attached. Still, it did extend farther than the allowed length and was obviously meant to be part of the overall design. So to clarify, anything that is part of the design (not the display) can not exceed 1/4" in any direction from the surface of the nail - does this help?
:eek:

Alex Fox said:
Dear Daryl
sorry for the delay

I have an answer here for you from Dianne D'Agnolo - founde, organiser and judge of the Nailympics

No design element of the nails should extend further than 1/4", whether it is physically attached to the tip or not.

This rule was revised because of a situation we had at last year's event. The rules stated no part of the nail design could extend from the nail by 1/4" and a competitor put a decorative thing all around each nail that looked like it was attached to the nail, but it was not attached. Still, it did extend farther than the allowed length and was obviously meant to be part of the overall design. So to clarify, anything that is part of the design (not the display) can not exceed 1/4" in any direction from the surface of the nail - does this help?
:eek:
Thanks a lot Alex,by the way I haven`t thanked you for my article in scratch so Thank you!.Gina emailed me today to say you can now read it on her web page.I`m going to link it to mine when I finally get round to updating my page.
Thanks again Daryl.
p.s Do you know where we can buy display boxes? I`ve looked on the web and can`t find anything.Thanks yet again.

The registration forms are ready to go

just call or register on line now!!!!

Call Alex Fox on 01763 261 091

or

visit www.olympiabeauty.co.uk

regards

Alex Fox ;)

Thanks Alex
i did my last week... so its too late for me to chicken out now...lol

Jess
xox

Jessica