Having a nail wobble!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriabar

Reaction score
I feel quite fed up so feel the need to let off steam.

I've been getting over pneumonia since beginning of Feb and I've had it really bad this year, I've failed lung function tests and am currently awaiting results of lung X-rays.
This is the 4th year running I've had pneumonia, the worst I had it was the first time 11yrs ago..

I'm a non smoker, avoid being in smoky places or around people smoking yet constantly hear how I should "give up" :(

I've been told I am to totally avoid fumes, vapours and chemicals until I get the OK to continue

This past week just as I thought I was on an upward curve I've taken another bad turn, I'm again in pain when I breathe, walking and talking hurts, my head bangs from coughing due to running out of air, my right lung feels like its vibrating as its deflating, the crackling popping and wheezing makes my cats growl at me, my back and neck ache from trying to sleep raised up.

For the past two months I've not only had these issues but also walking even small distances wears me out, makes me breathless and makes my heart race.. It's like running at speed at a slow pace, the breathing and heart racing feels like my body has been running, it's weird. And painful as I can't get the deep breathfuls of lung air that I need so it takes a while to kinda wait for it all to calm down

I have no car, when I was working in the salon it was a half hour walk (at speed) away from the school (15mins at speed away from home) so much longer doing a slow and steady trip by foot.
I've been advised to limit the amount of stress I'm putting my lungs though and even been banned from walking into the town and walking home with the shopping - not that I could do it at the moment anyway.

I've got all my nail gear around my lil spare space yet can't use anything
I have to admit to doing two sets of nails in this two months and suffered horribly for it.

I'm worrying incase this time it's a more permanent story of no chemical work, nails are what I love :(

Like I said previously, I'm just blowing off steam with my favourite family.

Aww I'm sending big hugs hun and I really hope you feel better soon. Don't give up hope though, do as the doctors say, rest up and don't do anything that could prolong it or make it worse. Chin up xxx

That's terrible. I hope things turn around and you start feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick, especially that bad. Hope you feel better soon. Xx

Didn't want to read and run. Hope they can get to the bottom of all your suffering. It sounds horrendous and so frustrating. I hope you have support around you to help. Take care of yourself. Wendy

That's bad. Have you tried a mask when around nail products to limit what you breathe in?
A blue inhaler? My mum has copd (similar to your symptoms) and to reduce it when she has a bad day she uses her inhaler, if its not worked in 5 minutes she's straight on the nebuliser for 10 minutes. Xoxo

Ahh bless you all, thank you.
Taking it as easy as I can but even sat still I still feel out of breath most of the time, plus I've gotta get on n do the daily grind still n next week is back to taking the 4yro to n from school etc but everything is being done much slower - not my usual manner lol I like to walk at a fast pace so this slowness is weird.

Tomme, it was the COPD clinic I failed my lung tests, I had reversibility done too and it was consistently 10% lower after the blue inhaler (taking my lung function down to 57%) which surprised the COPD nurse.
I'd been using the blue inhaler now and then for around 18months as the pneumonia bout before the last gave me tracheitis too and it was assumed it would help, what they found was it was irritating my trachea and lungs further so it was advised at COPD clinic that I stop taking it immediately - I assumed the coughing after taking it and itchy throat through to lungs on the inside of my skin was normal reaction of the drug touching/reaching the tissues, seems not lol.

I've tried using masks too as it was a big must as a 'Habia rule' at college and the chemical vapors still got through tho at a slower rate and lingered longer, I imagine they trap in the fabric and filter through a weaker version of what's floating around, masks were brilliant at stopping the filing particles from being breathed in tho which was naaasty lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Poor you, it sounds horrendous, hope you can just rest up and get some help with the children as your health is more important than the job. Big hugs:hug:

Hi Victoria sorry to hear what a hard time you've been having. I've been in a very similar situation to you so can really empathise. Basically I have a genetic deficiency that weakens lungs and I also have asthma and suffered from frequent horrific chest infections about once every 6 weeks that would take nigh on 4 weeks of antibiotics, steroids and nebuliser drugs to shift. Anyway I have been seeing a new lung consultant after a particularly severe infection at Xmas and he was extremely thorough and ran all sorts of tests. It was discovered that I have hardly any Hib antibodies that protect the lungs. He has since given me a Hib vaccine and my antibodies have raised and I haven't had a chest infection since January!!! Honestly, it is the best my lungs have ever been! I'm still on steroid inhalers as obviously i have the asthma and genetic problem too but i really do feel so much better. Perhaps you could ask your consultant if he's checked your Hib levels?
With regards to nails I don't do hard gel extensions anymore because of all the associated dust/filing so now just do shellac or Brisa lite.
Really hope you get things sorted as its so draining being constantly ill like this. Just thought my story may be of help.
Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back