Having children and nails - how do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Hi all

Haven't been on for a while as I've been running around like mad in the run up to Christmas (haven't we all!!!) and have not had as much time to geek as I would like.

From a personal point of view, I wanted to ask all the geeks who have young children (or new babies!) how they are managing/intend to manage doing nails too? I'd like another - my daughter is nearly 5 and at school and having just put lots of time, money and effort into setting up in nails, I'm rather doubtful as to how it will all work out if I did have another. Don't want to waste all that effort, but don't want to leave it too late for another if there was a chance.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance
:confused:

Hi-I personally try to get people to come to me if possible-then i know once my little boys in bed-in theory i have all the time i need-so far he's been pretty good and i haven't ever had to go upto him half way thru a set-but saying that i bet most women wouldn't mind...
Not sure how its gonna go when th enew baby arrives but i'm gonna try my best adn in theory i should b able to fit a client in in an evening...dont think i'll b going mobile for a while tho somehow! and will just have to make sure babies had a feed before the clients due then just pray it will sleep til i've finished
Maybe i'm bein a tad optimistic there tho!Lol

I have two girls - 3 & 5yrs old.
I work only in the evenings, from 6 to 10:30pm when hubby is home to watch them, 7 nights a week.
I do intend, when book is more full, to add days and hire a 'mothers helper' to come in and watch my wee monkeys. My eldest will go to kindy next year and my youngest will go to pre-k a few mornings a week, so that will make things a tad easier. I'll be able to book while the wee ones are in school, if I choose. (hoping to!!)

there is a demand - although a small one - for evening appiontments. Just hard to fill your book that way. Also, many people prefer places that take walk-ins and I simply can't. but, it's a start.

Hope this helps

When my salon is open then I will be working round my kids and my husband, which isnt too bad as I will be trying to fit in clients every day. I can work every night after 7, which is my bisiest time at the moment. xx

I work 5.15 - till sometimes 10pm.

I dont get any call for 'DAYTIME' appointments !!

Most of my clients work and love the fact they can come after work and not have to take time off or come on a sat when they are busy with other things.

My yellow pages as states 'evenings and weekend appointments available for your convenience'

amb x

I only really work school hours,i would not say i am flexible,i just do not have any one to care for my child however my regulars can occasinally be accomodated. For now,this works for me ,hth x

I work from 9-3 while the kids are at school and then from 4-whenever...five days a week. If i had kids at home still or younger children i would just work nights and weekends while they where in bed or with daddy.

school holidays are fun....NOT lol xxx

I ve got 4 kids- 3 aged 5-10 and a baby who is just 1. I work from home and Up until now I have worked around nap and school times, and I do a lot of late evenings - usually 9pm finnish, at least 4 days a week, and I work all day Sat and hubby has the kids. After New Year im putting the little one into a nursery 2 half days so I can do more in the day, as at the moment im having to turn clients away because I cant fit them in!:irked:

I'm the same as Angie, I work 9-3 and then in the evening - I try to only do 1 client per evening otherwise I don't see my hubby at all but it doesn't always work out like that!!

My regulars are aware of my time constraints and will come to me when the kids are around if they're desperate!! I always tell them up front and my kids are always good..... I don't do it often though!

Thanks so much for your replies guys - it seems where there's a will there's a way!!!

More to think about over the festive season methinks....with a glass of something in hand, of course:lol:

Thanks again

Jack x

Latest posts

Back