Having trouble with putting on white acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacheB

Reaction score
Hey all!

Im new here and im new to Acrylic nails!

I've been training for a little while but im still havng trouble with using the white acrylic for the french look. It always seems to go on super thick which makes it so hard to build up and it makes them look ugly! Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Any help much appreciated!xxx

Hi!

Maybe your mix ratio is incorrect? or maybe you are applying it too thick?

Where are you training, and how far along are you?

I think that maybe you should ask for a one-to-one with your tutor and ask him/her to watch your white tip application and then tell you where you are going wrong.
Hope you get it sorted out soon love. Dont get downhearted about it, we all go through periods like this in the beginning.

White acrylic has a different consistency and ratio.
I hated doing whites, then a very special person came along and I watched them.

They seemed to use the same consistency, but they also used a different part of the brush that I was used to.

After seeing this (only once), I had a one day break, I thought to myself "I'm gonna try this", I tiried it and it worked first time ......

I tried it again ..... and it worked again, I was blown away.

I haven't been taught by many people in my 23 years, but when i'm shown, I watch.

Geeg picked up one application (but she used it different to what I thought was correct) and my attitude to whites has changed ever since (and that was only 2 weeks ago).

The moral to the story ..... you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Get a copy of "Nailclass" and "visualise".

Latest posts

Back