Having wisdom teeth out on Friday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael173

Reaction score
hey,

I'm having my bottom wisdom teeth out on Friday and im petrified :eek:

Has anyone else had theres out and what has been your experience?

Hi Rach

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at the same time. Because of how they were growing i had to have them taken out under general at the hospital!

Cant say to you that you will be Ok because I was in an absolute mess for 3 weeks after!

Not everybody is the same though - i know lots of people that have had them done and have been absolutely fine!

Are you having yours done at the dentist or the hospital?

As somebody who is not keen on the dentist just wanted to send you a hug:hug: . I have never had my wisdom teeth out and if i have any treatment at all (apart from a clean or checkup) i am always knocked out.

I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine, let us know how you get on!

Good Luck! Teri x:)

I had all 4 of mine out as well.I'm going to be honest here because I want you to be prepared.
I was in a lot of pain,not everyone is the same but putting it bluntly,I looked like a pear drop head.I was so swollen and bruised I looked like I had done ten rounds with Mike Tyson.
The hospital only gave me paracetamol.Was that for a laugh or what?I was climbing the walls.Get yourself the strongest pain killer you can get at the chemist just to be on the safe side.Not saying you will need these but its best to be prepared.
I dont want to scare you because everyone is different but I wish someone had prepared me.I ended up with some debris being left in the socket that caused a major infection.
I'm not going to bang on about it because you will hopefully not have any of the efects I had and you are only having 2 teeth out so that's nowhere near as bad.
Good luck though and speedy recovery.:hug:

I had all 4 of mine out as well.I'm going to be honest here because I want you to be prepared.
I was in a lot of pain,not everyone is the same but putting it bluntly,I looked like a pear drop head.I was so swollen and bruised I looked like I had done ten rounds with Mike Tyson.
The hospital only gave me paracetamol.Was that for a laugh or what?I was climbing the walls.Get yourself the strongest pain killer you can get at the chemist just to be on the safe side.Not saying you will need these but its best to be prepared.
I dont want to scare you because everyone is different but I wish someone had prepared me.I ended up with some debris being left in the socket that caused a major infection.
I'm not going to bang on about it because you will hopefully not have any of the efects I had and you are only having 2 teeth out so that's nowhere near as bad.
Good luck though and speedy recovery.:hug:

that sounds just like I was Babs.

I walked around with a face like a bruised gerbal (sp?) for 3 weeks - at least I had a good excuse to have some time off work! All better now so I was glad I had it done eventually. - took a while for me to say that though!

Yes im having them out at the hospital under general.
just my bottom 2 but i've heard the bottom ones are the worse!
im so scared!
i hate the hospital!
Thank you for my hug!!!

Hi Rachel, I had my two bottom teeth out in hospital last March. I was petrified as i have never had a general anastetic in my life, but i was fine and all the swelling and pain had gone within a couple days.

You will be fine and good luck.:hug:

I had the bottom two out at the dentist just with the needle, it was over in less than 30mins.
I was so scared but i am just pleased to be rid of them.

I was off work for a few days but its a good excuse and its something you can play on!!! No one knows how much pain your in but you!!

Good luck, its not too bad.

hiya i had my bottom 2 out.i went into hospital and was knocked out (as i call it!!)i had a bit of pain that night but the next day i was terrible i ended up being rushed to the doctors i couldnt stop throwin up,shaking,and i had a pain in my stomach at first the doctor thought i was having an eptopic pregnacy but he gave me really strong painkillers and they knocked me out!! so i carryed on taking them for a few days then i was fine.everyone is diffrent you might not have any trouble...i need to have top ones out now!!

I haven't grown any yet! Does that mean I'm not wise?! :lol:

I know they are painful to remove though from other people's experience... so no wonder you are worried. Will be over before you know it though... if that's any consolation :hug:

Yes im having them out at the hospital under general.
just my bottom 2 but i've heard the bottom ones are the worse!
im so scared!
i hate the hospital!
Thank you for my hug!!!
Dont worry chuck,we will be thinking of you.xx

i need to make an appointment desperatly to get one of mine out ,it has gone very bad ..and a little graphic and minging here but i get food stuck in it and when i try to get it out OH MY GOD the pain is horrible...i really need to be brave :eek:
good luck babes:hug:

hey,

I'm having my bottom wisdom teeth out on Friday and im petrified :eek:

Has anyone else had theres out and what has been your experience?

I had all 4 of mines out at one time, it was a cake walk the drugs they give you keep you from having any memory of the actual surgery but the pain meds when you go home keep you sleepy! :zzz: enjoy it while you can....
There is nothing to fear.

i had mine out a number of years ago and let me say i don't envy you one minute. Although the toothache was excruciating, after wards was even worse i thought my face was hanging off. The pain lasted for about a week afterwards. If i had the choice again wether to get them out in the long run i would have to say yes i would.

I had a wisdom tooth out just with an injection at the dentist - It had grown up and over my other back tooth, had curved roots and was badly infected. The injection worked to a degree, but I still felt it a little. It was my choice as I didnt want to be knocked out at hospital!!!:eek:

The dentist was sweating, lol - but it was absolutley fine. It was done in 10 mins. It was no way near as bad as I thought it would be, and I'm glad I didnt go to hospital. Not one bit of pain after, absolutely NO bruising at all.

I think, in my honest opinion, when you are knocked out they are really rough with you. Thats why I never want to be knocked out for any dental treatment!

I am sure you will be fine, its just getting over being nervous, I really know how you feel and so does welsh hannah - we are both completely petrified of the dentist / hospitals etc x

Hi Rach

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at the same time. Because of how they were growing i had to have them taken out under general at the hospital!

Cant say to you that you will be Ok because I was in an absolute mess for 3 weeks after!

Not everybody is the same though - i know lots of people that have had them done and have been absolutely fine!

Are you having yours done at the dentist or the hospital?

same here - i had to be knocked out when they took mine out. had them done at the hospital - you have to apparantly if they are taking the bottom two out. absolute agony - the bottom were the worse my face swelled like a hamster and i had terrible bruising on my face.
i was popping painkillers like they were going out of fashion. ait really hurt 4 about a week (i had a dr's note for a week off work) then healed up nicely. the nights were the worst - id wake up in awful pain!
saying that my sister had hers out by the dentist- just the top 2 - pain for about 3 days then was ok.
the pain is definately worth it though - i know i was in agony when my wisdon teeth were coming through - mine were growing at a funny angle so had emall out - pain for a week - then totally fine.

use salt water to rinse and gargle with after (the hospital should tell u this) stops you getting an infection if food gets trapped in the holes.

I had my upper right tooth taken out in Mexico... While it was being done I thought that it was rather painful. Actually I thought that the dentist was going to dislocate my jaw.. But it turns out that the anesthetic didn't take with me and I was not under at all. To top it off I had a nerve wrapped around the tooth too...

But once it was over - and I cleaned it nicely each day for about 3 weeks I was totally healed. I didn't swell like my sister did...

I used a syringe and water to splash a high pressure stream into the hole to clean it out... Worked for me.

Good luck and you will be back to geeking in no time...

Jacky:green:

Hubby had all 4 of his out a couple of years ago they told him that his face would swell afterwards but it never did, He had no trouble at all having them out So everyones different :hug:

I had all mine out at the dentist and yes i too am petrified of the places, mine wouldnt pull because i have extra roots that all twist a bit like tree roots, my dentist numbed me up and instead of pulling them out he cut my gum with scissors and just flicked them out with what looked like a screwdriver then stitched me up and gave me antibiotics to make sure i didnt get an infection, it wasnt that bad at all, i believe i didnt suffer like most people because he gave me antibiotics so i didnt even get a mild infection, i didnt need any painkillers, if i was you i would insist on antibiotics just to be safe:hug:

I have had one bottom and one top one out at the dentist with an injection.

The top one was ok, the injection was the worst bit TBH.

The bottom was a little different as I had an infection as it seemed to stop breaking though the gum and food got underneath. This one was painful and i remember sitting at home with water and painkillers and not being able to take them. I found out the next day that the dentist had ripped the inside of my gum down under my tongue and this was why I couldn't swallow as the pressing down of my tongue was too painful.

My advice........GET SOME SOLUBLE PAINKILLERS and SWILL EM ROUND YOUR MOUTH B4 SWALLOWING. This worked for me, I used solpadene Max, in a black box.

HTH and Good luck, you'll be fine

Rachel

Latest posts

Back