HD brows..fab or total fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can me & my friend have these HD brows done in south yorkshire tomorrow? I saw a salon in Barnsley doing a introductory offer but forgot what it was called Lol :)

Where can me & my friend have these HD brows done in south yorkshire tomorrow? I saw a salon in Barnsley doing a introductory offer but forgot what it was called Lol :)

If you go to HD Brows - 7 steps to the perfect brow! Threading, tweezing, tinting, waxing and more and click the salon finder link - it will then ask you for area or postcode and list all the salons in South Yorkshire. Or call the salon in South Elmsall and ask them as they always want models for HD Brows xx

Just to throw a bit of a spanner in the works...

It might just be my area, but I was asking a few of my friends and their mums the other week about the HD Brows brand... Everybody I asked has a negative view of them. The brand is actually seen as common and cheap by them! Probably thanks to Amy Childs, Jordan etc getting in on the brand, and of course the style of brow worn by those in Geordie/Jersey Shore, Desperate Scousewives, TOWIE etc. All seen as very common...

Obviously nothing wrong with that, but possibly something to keep in mind depending on your target market xxx

Last edited:
Has anyone used a dermalift microface machine.
Does it do the sames as a Caci machine.

There is a video for HD brows on youTube - apologies if this has already come up, I haven't read all of your replies. Watch the video and then ask yourself - how many of those celebrities had a patch test before coming in and having their brows tinted? I have sleepless nights worrying about the day a client might come back having had a reaction, and I always patch test!

Apart from the threading, my clients always get a top class eyebrow treatment and the results are not dissimilar to HD brows. It's just a marketing ploy, and a very clever one - hats off to the lady who came up with the idea! She's having better holidays than me, I'm sure!

It's a great idea for people just starting up in the beauty industry, if you wanted one treatment to set up with. The training is very expensive, but I assume it includes individual training for waxing, threading, tinting, make-up and more, probably just related to the eye area though.

I'm thinking on training with hd brows beginning of next year, spaces have always been really limited and are booked up well in advance and theres quite a bit of travelling involved for me including 1-2 night stay on top of the price of training! There seems to be spaces now just wondering if everyone that has trained is still as busy with this treatment? I don't want to pay the money for training if I've missed the boat and it is only a fad. But I agree with most people on this thread I already do waxing, tinting, threading etc and it is a popular treatment but more and more people are asking for hd brows I'm wondering if it's just the name or the treatment they will keep coming back for?

Hi I would be interested in this too. How busy have those been after having the training.

I'm doing the course in sept/oct and looking forward to it.

btw my first post *hello*:D

Hey! I work in a salon in North Wales. We were one of the first in the area to do these treatments and I an honestly say it has transformed our salon. We have been doing them for over two years now and still chocker with them. We have five therapists trained and we are all booked up waaaaay in advance for our HD's! Best thing we've ever done as it has opened so many other doors for us! Hope this helps! X

Hey! I work in a salon in North Wales. We were one of the first in the area to do these treatments and I an honestly say it has transformed our salon. We have been doing them for over two years now and still chocker with them. We have five therapists trained and we are all booked up waaaaay in advance for our HD's! Best thing we've ever done as it has opened so many other doors for us! Hope this helps! X

Thanks for that! i've been putting it off and thinking it might be another fad but was wrong!! my next route was going to be massage etc but think hd's will be more popular so worth the investment. I think after I return from maternity leave I will be booking onto the next available course!!

Well guys, update for you all!! Did the training last week... It was good, but too overpriced. I think I'd cry if I'd paid for hd training... Here's a few pictures of family and friends that I've practised on. Let me know your thoughts and opinions please... I use He-Shi tints but I think they're very dark :-/ xx

View attachment 15506

They look amazing! I REALLY want to do the training but the cost is horrendous. Do you get any kit included in it?? xx

What a good question is there any kit included in the training price for hd brows??
🌸xx

Hey they look good. Really excited about the course.

I was told you get 100 treatments from the kit.

Hey they look good. Really excited about the course.

I was told you get 100 treatments from the kit.

Wow 100 that's amazing I can't imagine the products are much to replace either? It's a no brainier really I'm sure this course will pay for itself after half that amount of treatments! Definitely excited to do this now

I do an eyebrow enhancement treatment for £15,

I'm trained in waxing, threading, tinting, plucking and trimming. So didn't see a need to train, I get lots of clients with this, even people who had hd, they all say it's the same but cheaper.

I would love to do hds tho as they are amazing and you learn loads (so I'm told) just can't afford it.

You are absolutely correct in what you've said. With the HD brows it's just a name that actually does all the things we've done for years! The pencil used is actually a china graph pencil! It costs around £1.50 on eBay or any pencil company stocking china graph pencils. To purchase from the company or Nouveau Contour they charge approx £15.00 - £20.00 EACH! Pencil.
( they are actually used for writing on plastic/ glass ceramic) but actually do work really well in pencilling in the brows or if sharpened you can create little hair strokes. I would threading is THE most difficult thing to teach someone (as it really does take practice) hence the reason for waxing incorporated in the HD training! Why wax when you can thread, so if they can't thread then have to wax! You will need the mineral make up to hide and heal the redness!

Hi all you brow geeks. If your not threading brows/faces yet, then get practicing! Buy some good quality threading cotton, look on YouTube for tutorials, then practice on your own legs, and you will soon get the technique.
It's kinder than waxing, doesn't cause pigmentation like waxing can and does do. But still cleanse the are with a pre treatment solution like tea tree for waxing, then finish with a soothing moisturiser also with tea tree in it to close those mico pores being exposed to dust and dirt. :Love::rolleyes:

I was interested in HD brows last year but decided it was a fad and didnt bother, but i just have a new girl thats started in the salon that has done HD brows for over a year so she started advertising them, we have had loads of interest and yesterday she had 5 HD brow clients who have all booked back in! So i would say this isnt a fad. I am sure she is naturally a good brow shaper anyway, but as i say its really busy isalon I think in her first month

She has had around 25 HD brow treatments and every client has rebooked!!

Latest posts

Back