HD Brows in Ireland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I had a discussion with my friend and her Mother this morning about hd Brows (as you do) and they had never heard of them, but as soon as I explained about them, they were all excited and wanted them done.

So we rang a Salon in Naas and they had never heard of them and then we rang about 3 Salons in Dublin and they never heard of them either. At this stage, I googled hd Brows to show them that I wasn't going mad and hadn't just made them up.. is Ireland so behind the times??

They do have a Salon locater on the hd Brows site, but it didn't seem to work for me.

Can anyone help?

Where can we get them done... I'm a bit nervous about going to a Salon that I don't know.. I'd hate to get dodgy brows, so would love a recommendation.

I'm a bit tempted to do the training myself to be honest.

Thanks lovely geeks :hug:

Hey Angel - I have been asking about this down in my area too and I'm not aware of anyone doing it locally - definitely worth looking into the training - hopefully some other irish geeks can come on and let us know :)

Thanks Vicky. As far as I can make out, you need to train in the UK... but surely someone in Ireland is doing them... (I mean the UK isn't THAT far away)

I've googled and googled and can't find anyone doing them.

Last edited:
Is HD Brows not just a tint and eyebrow shape with threading/tweezing?
That's all you need to ask for in a salon.

Is HD Brows not just a tint and eyebrow shape with threading/tweezing?
That's all you need to ask for in a salon.

I'm a Nail Geek, but as far as I know the hd look is totally different and I know the Salons aren't doing them like that, they just do the usual shape.

I think the tint they use for hd is also different and it tints your skin too, which would be great for the likes of my friend who has done a diy job on herself and needs them patched up until her own grow back, as for her Mum, she has hardly any eyebrows at all, so this semi permanent tint would be perfect for her (as well as the shape they give).. I know you could get them tattooed but we don't want to go down that road.

Does anyone that did the course remember any Irish geeks there?

:irked: your going to have to head to the uk I have been trying to find somewhere to do the training over and cant find anywhere. I could only find the UK, just adds to cost staying over, flights and ur precious time. Would love to know if u find anywhere over here....it's a few months since I was looking so would love an update.

Hope u get sorted xx

I think I'll ring them again and see what the say... I'll ask if we get enough geeks interested would they consider coming to us.

I'll keep you posted...

I just got on to them and she said if there are no Salons coming up on the Salon finder on the site, then there are no salons in Ireland doing hd brows. :cry:

She said they do training and go to salons in the UK and said the price would be considerably higher to go to Ireland.

You can PM me for the inhouse training in the UK, but be warned.. it shocked me!!

So looks like Ireland is just going to have to put up with the normal shape and tint!!

hi, Ive done extensive makeup training, and part of that is the study of eyebrows, face shapes etc. If someone comes to me for a total eyebrow revamp then I will do a consultation to determine what Im going to do, tint, wax, trim, pluck the eyebrows into shape, then show the client any areas they will need to pencil in themselves (eg if they've a bit they need to grow back) and provide them with a pencil if needed.
I looked into HD brow but for the money didnt see it would benefit me that much. Only thing would've been you would've been listed on their site, but I cant see people that desperate for their brows and prepared to pay. ts clever marketing and you're buying into that. I might call mine something fancy and trademark that! Anybody wants their brows done Im in Ballymena!

hi, Ive done extensive makeup training, and part of that is the study of eyebrows, face shapes etc. If someone comes to me for a total eyebrow revamp then I will do a consultation to determine what Im going to do, tint, wax, trim, pluck the eyebrows into shape, then show the client any areas they will need to pencil in themselves (eg if they've a bit they need to grow back) and provide them with a pencil if needed.
I looked into HD brow but for the money didnt see it would benefit me that much. Only thing would've been you would've been listed on their site, but I cant see people that desperate for their brows and prepared to pay. ts clever marketing and you're buying into that. I might call mine something fancy and trademark that! Anybody wants their brows done Im in Ballymena!

LOL Sarah... it's a pity you're so far away from me.

I use Benefit's Browzings on my eyebrows to basically give a new shape to my eyebrows and I must say, my eyebrows have never looked so good... such a pity it washes off and I have to do them everyday.

I just liked the idea of the tint staying on the skin, but still not being permanent, but after hearing the price of the training, I think I'll stick to my Benefit product :)

Hi Girls I too looked into doing the HD Brows earlier this year and asked if they would come over here to do training but couldnt afford it to be honest. Kim Lawless does a brow course and I know that she sometimes comes over to Ireland to do courses. I dont know if any of you would be interested in this but her course is way more affordable and I would reckon it would be every bit as good as the HD course. Its just an idea if there was enough of us interested we could contact her and see what she says:)

Hi Girls I too looked into doing the HD Brows earlier this year and asked if they would come over here to do training but couldnt afford it to be honest. Kim Lawless does a brow course and I know that she sometimes comes over to Ireland to do courses. I dont know if any of you would be interested in this but her course is way more affordable and I would reckon it would be every bit as good as the HD course. Its just an idea if there was enough of us interested we could contact her and see what she says:)

That is a good idea... I asked the same question re the hd brows, but they gave me the price to go to a salon in the UK just to train one person and it was very expensive... I thought if we had enough people interested it would be cheaper, but they don't work that way.

I'm sure there'd be plenty of Irish geeks interested in being trained by Kim Lawless... if anyone is interested will they either pm Red Ruby or post on the Irish geek board.

there's a salon in waterford who are advertising the hd brow system in their salons starting from the 16th of december 2010........Cosmo Beauty
heres the link for the facebook page Log in | Facebook

I'd be interested in getting Kim over, I'm in Northern Ireland

I'm a Nail Geek, but as far as I know the hd look is totally different and I know the Salons aren't doing them like that, they just do the usual shape.

I think the tint they use for hd is also different and it tints your skin too, which would be great for the likes of my friend who has done a diy job on herself and needs them patched up until her own grow back, as for her Mum, she has hardly any eyebrows at all, so this semi permanent tint would be perfect for her (as well as the shape they give).. I know you could get them tattooed but we don't want to go down that road.

Does anyone that did the course remember any Irish geeks there?

The tint is not a special tint. It's a bog standard tint and you'd get the same result with any tint.
The HD Brow is a specific shape and you are paying for the brand.
You can get the same result from a good beauty therapist.
It's definitely worth doing the course though as the marketing is fab. I get at least one enquiry a day since going on the HD Brows site. I'm not doing clients yet though as i'm useless at it-lol
I'm still doing models but i'm determined to get there as there is a lot of interest in the brand!

The tint is not a special tint. It's a bog standard tint and you'd get the same result with any tint.
The HD Brow is a specific shape and you are paying for the brand.
You can get the same result from a good beauty therapist.
It's definitely worth doing the course though as the marketing is fab. I get at least one enquiry a day since going on the HD Brows site. I'm not doing clients yet though as i'm useless at it-lol
I'm still doing models but i'm determined to get there as there is a lot of interest in the brand!

Oh that's interesting... it was the "special tint" that was really selling it for me :lol:

I'm addicted to looking at everyone's eyebrows these days!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Kim Lawless here...........I can't get into the site so I've had to re-register until it's sorted:)

I'm coming to Ireland for sure in 2011 and if there are enough people, I'll be running ALL of my courses, including my iBrow course. xxx

Kim Lawless here...........I can't get into the site so I've had to re-register until it's sorted:)

I'm coming to Ireland for sure in 2011 and if there are enough people, I'll be running ALL of my courses, including my iBrow course. xxx

That's great Kim ... I'll post this on the Irish Geek group.. should everyone that's interested PM you?

Hi Everyone
You cannot achieve the HD Brow shape and look without doing the training. I did the Training 8 month's ago and it has been excellent for my business and can be done on anyone even the sparse brow etc.
There is Training only in the England at the mo. Contact either Julie at the Nouveau Group or ring Nilam Patel's clinic in Milton Keyne's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back