HD Brows - Thinking of cancelling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is the law to only charge an admin fee to the amount that it actually costs the company. I do not know of any administrators that earn £50 per hour!!! I know this as I complained to the consumer association/trading standards as I was being charged a lot of ££ for having a bed returned. They upheld my complaint and told me the above. The company could only charge me a modest amount as it only took a short amount of time and effort to cancel my order and had to refund me.:(

I wanted to train in hd brows but there's no available courses u til November and dec- and I'm due to give birth nov 1 stand really want training beforehand!
Does anyone know of any similar option training? I'm not trained in brows any way.
What do you all recommend?
Kat x

Well, I just did the hd brow course and If I could have cancelled and got a refund then I would have. I certainly would have even more so after the course! I looked at the cancellation paperwork and after paying the first £600 it said that I would lose all of that, hence me going on the course and paying the rest of the fee.

Really? Were u not impressed?

Well, I just did the hd brow course and If I could have cancelled and got a refund then I would have. I certainly would have even more so after the course! I looked at the cancellation paperwork and after paying the first £600 it said that I would lose all of that, hence me going on the course and paying the rest of the fee.

Mmm it said the same thing in my paperwork actually but I did email them when I got the letter to say I wasn't too happy about the terms...

Can I ask what you didn't like about the course/after training? Is it not picking up for u?

Well, as I have been waxing eyebrows, and tinting them for ages now, I certainly didn't think it needed 2 days for the course. One would have been sufficient for most beauticians. You are not taught anything new apart from a slightly different way that they want you to follow so that you are conforming to their brand. It is as simple as that.

I have been on better organised courses that didn't cost as much, and I think things could have been more professional.

I know that some on here will berate me for saying that but I can voice my opinion as I see fit, especially after paying for the privelage to be able to comment.

I admire Nilam for her business acumen, but I think she is let down by some of her trainers. My opinion, so not starting a war on here, just the way I feel.

How come you didn't opt for their 1 day course Dawn if you've been waxing etc for a period of time already?

Personally I think that any course that is booked up that far in advance (November if I remember correctly!) must be doing something right and isn't just about hype! Like others I have had my brows HD'd and would never let anyone else touch them now, I find the whole treatment a really relaxing experience and adore the results. I for one can't wait to train, I'd rather train somewhere with someone with an outstanding reputation like Nilam's than somewhere unknown and regret it later.

I surprised that they gave you any money back all if I'm honest, most courses I have done have either required full pre payment at the time of booking or a non refundable deposit and £50 seems reasonable given that they will have incurred postal & bank charges as well as man hours...

I love what they have done for hi lighting a run of the mill treatment into something special, its clever - its brilliant.

But when people are saying they are getting Hd'd people are assuming that this is something out of the ordinary, this can be a let down for those like myself - who would expect something quite extra-ordinary. I class myself as a brow expert - I know I am good. :o

However, my friend and I were on a shoot with some models who were discussing hd brows and how fab they are.

My friend later asked me what they were, (I do her brows which were a brow make-over lol)
I replied - 'well, y'know how I wax, tint, thread, tweeze and trim your brows and pop a bit of coloured powder on to define them?' and she said 'yeah?'
'Well that is it but its a brand called HD that do the same'

'ah well' she said 'will you PP my brows next week then?' (my initials are PP)
I am not hassling them - but I am making a comparison - I think people would expect that perhaps; the brow colour would last months (it won't) and I honestly think a client would assume this is where they would differ from us non branded brow therapists. Just my opinion.

As I have said before - if your starting out - it would probably teach you pretty much everything you need to know - but I think a student would need to do lots of case studies before they could call themselves a hd brow tech to protect their branding that they have clearly worked very hard to achieve.(they may do this already as I don't know) (again my opinion)

I will be saving this site to my favorites this product looks really good x

Me too. Just had a quick look, will have a proper look later. :D

I love what they have done for hi lighting a run of the mill treatment into something special, its clever - its brilliant.

But when people are saying they are getting Hd'd people are assuming that this is something out of the ordinary, this can be a let down for those like myself - who would expect something quite extra-ordinary. I class myself as a brow expert - I know I am good. :o

However, my friend and I were on a shoot with some models who were discussing hd brows and how fab they are.

My friend later asked me what they were, (I do her brows which were a brow make-over lol)
I replied - 'well, y'know how I wax, tint, thread, tweeze and trim your brows and pop a bit of coloured powder on to define them?' and she said 'yeah?'
'Well that is it but its a brand called HD that do the same'

'ah well' she said 'will you PP my brows next week then?' (my initials are PP)
I am not hassling them - but I am making a comparison - I think people would expect that perhaps; the brow colour would last months (it won't) and I honestly think a client would assume this is where they would differ from us non branded brow therapists. Just my opinion.

As I have said before - if your starting out - it would probably teach you pretty much everything you need to know - but I think a student would need to do lots of case studies before they could call themselves a hd brow tech to protect their branding that they have clearly worked very hard to achieve.(they may do this already as I don't know) (again my opinion)

Agree totally - especially for that level of money - you would expect something very different or innovative but I also admire Nilams business acumen for developing HD out of something we already doing - clever woman, good on her

I wanted to train in hd brows but there's no available courses u til November and dec- and I'm due to give birth nov 1 stand really want training beforehand!
Does anyone know of any similar option training? I'm not trained in brows any way.
What do you all recommend?
Kat x

Kim Lawless runs a brow course, here is a link to her website -

Kim Lawless, Wax Queen, Brazilian Waxing Expert

You will find details of her Brow Design course at the end of this page -

Kim Lawless, Wax Queen, Brazilian Waxing Expert

xx

Im level 2 and 3 qualified, so already qualified in waxing, shaping, tinting and perming, but after reading such good things about kim lawless and her courses, i plan to do her brow design course, along with a few others. i thought all of her courses were very reasonably priced too?

I was booked onto this course and cancelled after my friend told me about the content.The friend said that she learned very little more than she was already doing.There was nothing new except trimming brows. I feel to make the course better value for money the start up kit could a lot more value.

:Love:
I was booked onto this course and cancelled after my friend told me about the content.The friend said that she learned very little more than she was already doing.There was nothing new except trimming brows. I feel to make the course better value for money the start up kit could a lot more value.

Latest posts

Back