HD eyebrows - gone wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee chick

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I'm just new to this site but would like any advice you could offer me please.

I had a client in this morning for HD Eyebrows I did everything as normal and they turned out stunning (actually better than most) if I'm honest. When I asked her what she thought of them she almost frecked...far too dark, they're not what I wanted. I explained that she had asked for HD brows and they had turned out lovely etc.

As the client is/was not happy do I still charge for the treatment or as I did this morning told her if she wasn't happy I would not be taking payment. I also know if that's the case everyone would start complaining to get a free treatment. :irked:

Thanks xx

How do you know she doesn't just try this with everyone? Of course you should have taken payment you used your time and your products and like you say SHE asked for hd brows specifically so it's not your fault she decided she doesn't like them. I hope you have learned that like you said everyone will start complaining if you are not going to charge just because they don't like them, no doubt she will tell someone and they will come to you and try the same thing. X

One thing I have noticed since doing HD brows is that not every one wants that perfectly defined look that is advertised. The thing with HD brows is to allow the clients to achieve what they desire even if you dont 100% agree as long as they are happy. I will always suggest what I think should be done at consultation but if they don't agree I just give them the look they want to avoid any disappointment.

You could offer her a complimentary HD product so you are not entirely losing out on the money or discount her next treatment if she phones to complain. I personally don't do refunds.

Are you HD Brow trained? Or offering something "similar" to HD Brows?x

Do you have the HD Brows portfolio book? I find it really useful to show clients all the different looks that can be achieved.

A lot of the training involves managing clients expectations - making sure that their definition of dark is not 4 shades lighter than yours and seeing what shape suits and is achievable also.

Is the tint too dark? If you use some Vanish tint remover that may lighten it a shade for her xx

Do you have the HD Brows portfolio book? I find it really useful to show clients all the different looks that can be achieved.

Im glad you said you have found the book useful as I was debating whether to buy it or not! I think i will now as I finished my training a month ago so have not built up much of a portfolio myself yet.

The book is fab! Helped me loads!x

did you do a consultation to find out exactly what she wanted?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Hi wee chick,

Our salon has been doing HD Brows for about 8 months now and that has happened to us only once and we are convinced that the client goes round salons doing it. She wouldn't pay until speaking to the manager and wouldn't let one of the other therapists who is also HD trained look at them to see what the problem is. The client wouldn't point out what she didn't like about them, just said look at my eyebrows over and over again. The manager wasn't there so she walked out - we had a waiting room of about six people and we didn't want the scene to cause any more upset. We told her the manager would phone her but the number she had given on the consultation card and again at reception didn't connect.

A few days later the therapist saw her in the supermarket and she practically ran away from the therapist. I forgot to mention she also walked out without paying for eyelash extensions which she had prior to the HD Brows so we think she caused a scene for £70 worth of treatments for free.

We are in Belfast too by the way.

Latest posts

Back