HD eyebrows!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have trained in HD brows but basically any beauty therapist should be able to provide this service as it is nothing new. You are mainly paying the £1000 for training and additional strater kit b supplies to use their brand name. They really have marketed the brand well...

Just read your post and I'm interested in HD Brows I'm not trained in it as yet but I've done all my beauty so when you said anyone can do it I'm interested in how? what are the steps to achieve HD Brows any tips or info would be appreciated. Xo

I had HD Brows done in May. I have sparse eyebrows, overplucked them years ago and although I have had them waxed ever since parts of them never grew back. I also have quite light hair, so have always coveted my Italian friend's dark, lustrous eyebrows. I normally fill them in with mineral powder or an eyebrow pencil.

The girl doing the brows wasn't a beauty therapist, she had just quit her job in an office and had done the training, and you could tell she was a bit nervous. The other girl on the stand (it was a concession within a beauty dept in a store) explained that regular massage with any mineral oil could stimulate growth which would help with my bald areas.

I was told that there was too much of a gap in between my brows, that I should fill them in with pencil there (I don't normally) and take them out further at the ends.

My reaction to them was mixed - because of the tinting my brows did look fuller, the HD sequence involves tinting all the blond baby hairs around your brows so they do look fuller and can be made larger. I like a good arch, and I felt that the therapist had not arched them enough. I felt the dye was a bit dark for my skintone (I'm very pale skinned) and the pencilling in was too obvious. The therapist sharpened the pencil to a fine point and drew in lots of little lines to mimic hairs. She also extended my brows in towards my nose which I felt was a bit too manly.

I did like the fact my brows were fuller, but I felt the shape and colour was too harsh and manly. I am small and I have a small face, plus I'm very blonde. The brows would be perfect on someone darker with larger features, I felt they swamped my face and took over.

I will go back one more time, and have them done by the other therapist, explaining what I did like and did not like about the last time. After that I will decide if I want to continue or if I will go back to having them done in the salon.

The expression reinventing the wheel springs to mind! Probably useful if you new to industry, but as an experienced beauty therapist I think not such a good idea.

Latest posts

Back