HD eyebrows!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They quote me a little over £800 for the 2 day course which i thought was a bit steep!

Oh dear, is it a 2 day course? I thought id would of been 1 day.. it's 2 hours drive from me+I wouldn't be able to stay over with 3 kids at home...gutted! :sad:

Nothing compares to hd brows, the actual treatment is fantastic aswell as the marketing and products available, this whole concept is brilliant and the advertising is eye catching.
The salon finder on hd site will tell you who does hd brows where.

ooh turns out theres a fair few offering it in edinburgh. I'm needin my eyebrows done and i have absolutely no where i trust so i may go along to the salon near me to have them done.

I'll be sure to post my experience!

Do you know whether the £850 includes the kit or is that just the training? If it does include the kit any idea what is in it?

Many thanks,

Linda

I'm booked in to get mines done in Edinburgh at the end of the week. I could only find 2 places in Edinburgh offering hd brows. I can let you know how it goes and my thoughts could maybe post a before and after pic if I work out how lol x

I'd love to do the course, but I really cant justify spending £800 plus on one course, when there are so many other courses out there that I need to do in order to be able to offer a full beauty service, which is my aim. Maybe once I am up and running, I might save up and invest in HD. However, although the course looks fab, I cant help but think it is just far too steep in price!!

Last edited:
After getting all excited about being able to offer a new upmarket treatment, I read all the previous posts on HD brows and have decided that I agree with the majority of them that tint fades,pencil washes off+underneath you are left with a nice shaped eyebrow..Which most of us can do anyway.
So with the £1000+ still in my pocket,i'll look elsewhere for new treatments to keep my salon up to date!

A few of the beauty academies are offering a brow perfect course. I havent looked into it in great detail, but from what I know, it is there take on HD training, without using products made my HD, but you would be taught the tecnique.

I havent looked into it in a great detail, but it might be worth a shot.

I agree with alot of people have said, if you can wax, tint and thread then you could probably work on creating your own way of creating the look!!

I have to say, HD brows do look fab!! xx

After getting all excited about being able to offer a new upmarket treatment, I read all the previous posts on HD brows and have decided that I agree with the majority of them that tint fades,pencil washes off+underneath you are left with a nice shaped eyebrow..Which most of us can do anyway.
So with the £1000+ still in my pocket,i'll look elsewhere for new treatments to keep my salon up to date!

If this was facebook, I would 'like' this!! Lol!! :-D xx

A LOT more than £500!

I rang today, it's £850 plus VAT...

I'd love to do it but as I've already done tinting and waxing in college find it far too expensive (especially as I already have the products needed to do hd brows). However if I could find a high def brow course that was a third of the price I may be tempted... :rolleyes:

Do you know what the full 7 steps are? x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I don't really understand what the 7 steps are and why qualified therapists seems to need to do the same course as any random person with no previous qualification (really sorry if I've got that wrong, pls advise)??

I know that it includes waxing, plucking, threading, trimming and tinting and I think the other 2 are make up related. I just really like to defined look it gives but I do agree, I am pretty sure we could figure it ourselves without paying out all that money!!xx

I know that it includes waxing, plucking, threading, trimming and tinting and I think the other 2 are make up related. I just really like to defined look it gives but I do agree, I am pretty sure we could figure it ourselves without paying out all that money!!xx

Completely agree, I don't see the point in paying all that money to 'learn' two steps that you basically already know, but just don't realise you know if that makes sense?! Lol. Don't mean to offend anyone, it's just my opinion :) xx

If this was facebook, I would 'like' this!! Lol!! :-D xx

Sarah, you can "rep" salonworldwide instead, if you agree with a post/comment or like what someone has said or like that they have helped someone etc you "rep" them by clicking on the little green box on their post it will say "add to ?????????? reputation" then you write your comment & they get it. I guess "rep" to Salon Geek is what "like" is to facebook :biggrin: x

MsRebeccaJ - The before & after photo would be great to see along with your thoughts on the treatment.

Scottishjoy - would be great to read your feedback on your treatment too.

By what I have read/hear I believe the 7 steps to be;
Tinting, Waxing, Threading, Trimming, Tweezering, Mineral Make Up & Aftercare - I could have got that wrong though! x

Oh dear, is it a 2 day course? I thought id would of been 1 day.. it's 2 hours drive from me+I wouldn't be able to stay over with 3 kids at home...gutted! :sad:

Also unless they have changed it the training was on a Thursday and Friday - two of the busiest days of the week!

Jacqui xx

Sarah, you can "rep" salonworldwide instead, if you agree with a post/comment or like what someone has said or like that they have helped someone etc you "rep" them by clicking on the little green box on their post it will say "add to ?????????? reputation" then you write your comment & they get it. I guess "rep" to Salon Geek is what "like" is to facebook :biggrin: x

MsRebeccaJ - The before & after photo would be great to see along with your thoughts on the treatment.

Scottishjoy - would be great to read your feedback on your treatment too.

By what I have read/hear I believe the 7 steps to be;
Tinting, Waxing, Threading, Trimming, Tweezering, Mineral Make Up & Aftercare - I could have got that wrong though! x

Mineral make up isn't a step it used to reduce the redness after the procedure is done.

scottishjoy, go to zen beauty salon in edinburgh....... ran by a woman by the name of fiona. They will do a good job of your brows and its a very nice salon and i can vouch for fiona personally.

I work for Nouveau beauty group as a trainer and im an HD technician myself.
I think some people are missing the point slightly....... its all very well saying that you can already wax, tint, thread, pluck but you CANNOT say you are an HD technician if you have not done the training and bought into the branding.
HD brows has not yet been officially launched (think this is happening around june time) and already it has a massive celebrity folowing, hence the huge amount of interest.
The only way I can put it is like this: if you wanted to buy hair straightners which brand would you by?........ the vast majority would want GHDs wouldnt they?......... there are plenty of straightners that probably do just as good a job but the consumer has bought into the whole branding of GHD.
HD brows is a brand concept and the consumer these days is swayed massively by the power of celebrity and what products they endorse.
When people ring me they ask if I do HD brows....... not if i tint, wax, thread etc....... they want HD brows, not someone claiming that they can do them when they have not been trained in it.

xxx

you CANNOT say you are an HD technician if you have not done the training and bought into the branding.
HD brows has not yet been officially launched (think this is happening around june time) and already it has a massive celebrity folowing, hence the huge amount of interest.
The only way I can put it is like this: if you wanted to buy hair straightners which brand would you by?........ the vast majority would want GHDs wouldnt they?......... there are plenty of straightners that probably do just as good a job but the consumer has bought into the whole branding of GHD.
HD brows is a brand concept and the consumer these days is swayed massively by the power of celebrity and what products they endorse.
When people ring me they ask if I do HD brows....... not if i tint, wax, thread etc....... they want HD brows, not someone claiming that they can do them when they have not been trained in it.

xxx[/quote]

That's exactly the point made in a previous post. Clients phone up and book in for HD brows, some clients don't even know what it is but want it done because they read about it or seen it on tv. All clients come back to me every 4-5wks now and won't let any one else touch their brows.

Like everything not everyone offering the treatment is good at it so if anyone wants to try it go to a salon you have feedback about

I think although the training seems expensive, the rewards of doing the course outweighs this, I received my info pack about hd the other day and have decided I'm definitely going to do the course once I've saved up. The testimonials speak for themselves and I think having hd as a treatment will become really popular especially with all the celeb interest. Xxx

Latest posts

Back