Healthy Eating?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
What exactly is this?
Is it the amount of food per serving along with what is healthy? what is healthy?

Water...yes we all know about drinking this every day and to begin with the contant journeys to the loo until the body gets used to it :)

Fruit and veg the 5 a day.

I have read about eating 6 small meals a day????? I have trouble thinking what to eat most evenings for dinner let alone 6 things.

So What do you all class as healthy eating and if there are any professionals that know about this I look forward to hearing about it.

Unfortunately many do not have bottomless purses and the cost of 'healthy' foods are a tad 'ouch' sometimes.

I for one would find a weeks food plan 'menu' of 'normal' everyday foods a great help. And why the certain foods are required.

Maybe with the odd curry thrown in:)

Look forward to hearing from you
x

weight watchers lets you eat what ever foods you like!

its always worked for me if ive needed to shift the extra bit of podge.
hth xx

i have changed my diet and am trying to eat a lot healthier so a rugh days menu for me is

breakfast- porridge made with water, medium apple, 1/2L water

lunch- tuna on wholemeal, orrange or bannana, 1/2L water

snack- 2 crispbreads topped with philadelphia light, 1/2L water

dinner- grilled chicken breast, salad (lettuce,onion,peppers,) apple, 1/2Lwater

i have noticed a major change in my skin and weight and i have found the food realy makes no diference to my shopping bill as it is all stuff i brought before but never made in to a healthy diet
hth

I have heard that drinking water (a large amount, say a couple of glasses) with meals is not good for you, as it dilutes your digestive enzymes, therefore you dont get as much goodness out of the food.

Eating healthy for me is not a problem, as if I eat anything with alot of grease in, or fat, or red meat, or strong flavouring, I get terrible indigestion!:rolleyes:

My diet is made up of fresh fruit and veg, lots of wholegrain pasta, wholegrain bread (white makes me feel like I've been kicked in the stomach) lots of fish, (tuna is my fave) and white meat. I eat little and often, maybe 4 small meals a day, mainly because I cant stomach a wacking great meal all at once.

Gillian Mckeiths book is one I found really useful, learning about 'super foods' and stuff - quite interesting.

Well my diet has changed since Sunday, as I have now cut out dairy from my diet!
I love my cheese and milk etc etc, but have to cut it out as its fatty and is giving me terrible headaches.
My skin has cleared up, Ive lost the bloated feel in my belly, also my belly has gone down and is not prominent anymore, all this in only 3 days!!!!!

Have to say though Soya milk is rank!!

So everything Im eating now is all healthy and good for me!!

well i think the weight watchers plan is ace because you can eat anything you just have to count it!

i know we dont all like the same things but its worth a shot if you really didnt want to buy anything different. x

I have read about eating 6 small meals a day????? I have trouble thinking what to eat most evenings for dinner let alone 6 things.
Snack foods that are healthy, maybe a small plate of chicken salad or similar, I did that when I was doing Atkins, I noticed I wasn't feeling hungry as often as usual.

So What do you all class as healthy eating and if there are any professionals that know about this I look forward to hearing about it.
I'm nowhere near being a professional regarding dietary needs but I know for sure that the Mediterranean style of foods that we eat has done all of us the world of good. I don't use bottled sauce mixes anymore, I make them all from scratch, I know exactly what goes into them and know that we're not being pumped full of preservatives and colourants.

Unfortunately many do not have bottomless purses and the cost of 'healthy' foods are a tad 'ouch' sometimes.
For sure, egg and chips is cheaper than meat and two veg meals (or similar), but if you shop wisely and buy the bargains then not can you save a few pennies along the way but you'll be eating healthier and have changes to your menu too.
I used to buy a lot of our fruit and vegetables from our weekly market but now I'm working every morning I'm unable to do that, I've noticed the price difference with buying it all from the supermarket... having said that, if you cut out the sweet fizzy bottles of drink and substitute with water you'll make a saving that way.

hth's a bit

I'm with Sandi regards mediterranean food, I adore it, it's my favourite cuisine :green:

Rather than start a healthy eating 'plan' (which always sounds a bit scary, probably something to do with humans being the habitual creatures that they are and hating change), how about incorporating different, healthier foods little by little? Like trying one or two new things every week?

If you're not keen on salads, try jazzing them up with olives, feta, pine nuts and sunblush tomatoes (these are about £2.49 for a carton, but they have such a delicious, intense flavour that you won't need to add many and the oil they are in has the same delicious seasoning so can be used to dress salads etc), and use tasty and nutritional salad leaves like rocket, watercress and baby spinach.

As for you wanting a weekly meal plan, I suppose a few of the healthy eating geeks could give you a few examples of meals that they make and explain why certain ingredients are beneficial? Is that the sort of thing you're after?

Also - have you thought about having an organic farm box delivered? They have all sorts of options and will provide you with enough fruit/veg/eggs/honey (and more depending on where you get it from) for the week, until they deliver the next box. This is a cheaper option than organic supermarket fruit/veg, a cheaper option still is to actually visit your nearest farmer's market or farm shop.

hope this helps

Latest posts

Back