Heartbroken - my salon has been burnt down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I am so very sorry to read this...............I can't imagine how you're feeling. This happened to another geek (Jason) several years ago so maybe if he reads this he will offer some words of advice.

I know you won't see the positive now but once you're over the shock you can start to plan and re-invent your business.

Sending love and best wishes. xox

oh how horrible for you! as people have said nobody was hurt and that's the important thing.
I'm sure friends, neighbours and other businesses are itching to help out so don't be scared to ask!

How awful for you, last January my dad had a fire at his workplace, it was owned by my grandfather before him and great grandfather before that so I can understand how devastating it can be, he has re built it and is doing better then ever, you may not see it now but stay strong and try to be positive these things can have silver linings. sending love and thoughts your way. L x

Thanks everyone. Your words are helping me and I am keeping positive. Out of all my business services it's my bank that are being unhelpful by not cancelling direct debits and standing orders etc. It;s like what part of my laptop being burnt do they not get. They didn't seem to understand the urgency either. Oh well....best get on with my house move (yup, I have this going on too).

Thank you all so much again for your support xxx

I saw this also as I follow your salon on Facebook, I was absolutely heartbroken for you. Hope everything is sorted out swiftly and you can get back to work xx

Poor girl this is terrible, I hope things get sorted for you ASAP xxx

Hi, wishing you all the best we went through this years ago with our house the whole place burn to the ground barely a family photo made it out. The only saving grace is that if it had happened the day before on a Sunday we all probably would have been killed in our sleep but with us all out at work/school everyone made it out alive and you have that also nobody was hurt. That being said the loss of your livelihood and the hard work you have built up over years will bring its own loss and grieving as others have said keep yourself going cause that business is not going to rebuild itself. So for what it's worth my thoughts having gone through this and as an ex commercial insurance underwriter are here, 1) get onto your insurance make sure you know all your policy limits particularly BI. Your Business interruption cover should kick in immediately make sue you are covered for the correct indemnity period know what that is and work to it as a target to get back on your feet. 2£ Second on the insurance front is your products another thing that should be replaced quickly it's unlikely the insurers will have an approved supplier with beauty companies this should allow them to release funds to you to at least get you working mobile again until the business interruption cover eye you a premises. 3) Third do start making those lists they are important. 4) Forth don't forget the small stuff you are entitled under your insurance to be indemnified this means you shouldn't be out of pocket in anyway because of the fire. It's easy to junk oh yeah cotton wool and sterilizing solution but they are only a few £s but those add up and there's more of it than you think.

Hi, wishing you all the best we went through this years ago with our house the whole place burn to the ground barely a family photo made it out. The only saving grace is that if it had happened the day before on a Sunday we all probably would have been killed in our sleep but with us all out at work/school everyone made it out alive and you have that also nobody was hurt. That being said the loss of your livelihood and the hard work you have built up over years will bring its own loss and grieving as others have said keep yourself going cause that business is not going to rebuild itself. So for what it's worth my thoughts having gone through this and as an ex commercial insurance underwriter are here, 1) get onto your insurance make sure you know all your policy limits particularly BI. Your Business interruption cover should kick in immediately make sue you are covered for the correct indemnity period know what that is and work to it as a target to get back on your feet. 2£ Second on the insurance front is your products another thing that should be replaced quickly it's unlikely the insurers will have an approved supplier with beauty companies this should allow them to release funds to you to at least get you working mobile again until the business interruption cover eye you a premises. 3) Third do start making those lists they are important. 4) Forth don't forget the small stuff you are entitled under your insurance to be indemnified this means you shouldn't be out of pocket in anyway because of the fire. It's easy to junk oh yeah cotton wool and sterilizing solution but they are only a few £s but those add up and there's more of it than you think.

Thank you for this info, my insurers haven't called us back since we spoke to them on Monday morning. I will get on to them tomorrow again xxx

Latest posts

Back