Heated mitts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hi! Can anyone recommend heated mitts please? Considering trying Gell ll & heard these may aid removal? Or is this dangerous with acetone?

I have just ordered some recommended by maz 101 on here. They are microwaved so no electrics.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha!!thanks you so much I really appreciate the link xx

As I'm mobile it was awkward going into other people's kitchens , using they're microwaves some of whom had really rubbish microwaves which took up to 6 minutes to heat just for a wheat bag so i invested in heated mitts and boots which double up for luxury mani/pedis. Heat up in next to no time and stay warm. I thought they were relatively well priced pack away flat and wipe clean. They're called skin mate and I got them from capital!!!

As I'm mobile it was awkward going into other people's kitchens , using they're microwaves some of whom had really rubbish microwaves which took up to 6 minutes to heat just for a wheat bag so i invested in heated mitts and boots which double up for luxury mani/pedis. Heat up in next to no time and stay warm. I thought they were relatively well priced pack away flat and wipe clean. They're called skin mate and I got them from capital!!!

Thank you so much. Are they safe to use with removal of shellac etc wrapped in acetone? 😊

Thank you so much. Are they safe to use with removal of shellac etc wrapped in acetone? 😊

I doubt an insurance company would cover you if something were to go wrong, as you're right in thinking electricity and acetone (or any liquid especially flammable ones) should not be near each other. I've heard of people putting hands in plastic bags before inserting into the mitts but I personally wouldn't do this either just incase. I use my heat lamp that I use for IBX to gently warm up the hands when soaking off. X

I've been using them for 6 months now and speeds up removal to almost half the time. I always put the hands/feet in plastic liners anyway as much for hygiene than anything else and as the lint pads soak the acetone it's not as if they're sopping wet so I really can't see a problem. It's quicker, more convenient and the client loves the consistent warmth as they won't go cold until you switch them off.

I have just ordered some recommended by maz 101 on here. They are microwaved so no electrics.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello there..... Just wondering how you use these mitts? I've ordered them this morning!! Do you put the hands in plastic liners first or just pop them straight on?

Hello there..... Just wondering how you use these mitts? I've ordered them this morning!! Do you put the hands in plastic liners first or just pop them straight on?

For hygiene reasons I would put in plastic bags first. It will also help stop the acetone evaporating. Also make sure you use acetone and not nourishing remover.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh right! Can I ask why not nourishing remover please? I'm very very blonde! 😖

No idea. I'm guessing it's just not as tough. My first removal I used nourishing and it was quite hard going. I then read to use pure acetone and heat. I've used acetone but still waiting for the mitts.

My daughter has read nothing about gel ll, she just applied it as told. I was psyching myself up for the big removal when I realised all hers were off. I asked how she got in with removal and she just said 'it was fine'.

Mine were fine. I think sometimes we can read too much into everyone's comments. Would also add that my nails were fab underneath.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yea I think we can get carried away reading everyone's different comments too. Eek excited to try this now. Thank you 😊

If you heat the mitts up then switch them off before putting the hands in, surely they are safe and they stay hot for a while. This is what I do, works a treat.

I got some nice heated mitts from Ellisons they were only £20 and work really well. I don't think they are a particular name/brand but they do also do matching heated booties x

Latest posts

Back