Hello Hello

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
Hello everybody and happy 5th Birthday to the geek site, well done.
Firstly I must apologise as I have not visited the site since June. I had been running my business from home in my little converted summer house for 2 years, then last march dad was diagnosed with cancer, I have been his carer since that day, and unfortunately I lost him on the 24th January. Business isnt good obviously as I had to let it run down due to circumsstances
, I was at that time planning on doing a beauty course but again plans went on hold. I am missing dad so much, but feel I must try to salvage what I had. I have requested info at Huddersfield College regarding a beauty diploma (wish creative trained beauty) and am hoping to try and get back on track.
Just wondered if there were any hints and tips you could offer me. I did a workshop in december just to refresh at creative whch was great and maybe should do more.

Sori for the long thread, im sure you understand.

Thankyou /
Carol :(

Sorry to hear your sad news Carol :hug: But it's always lovely to welcome an old friend back to the site :hug: , just wish it was in happier circumstances :hug:

Hello, i`m afraid i can`t offer any advice regarding beauty training but i`m sure that now you are back geeking you will gat lots of help and support in the areas you want help with!!
Really sorry to hear about your dad i can`t imagine what it`s like to lose a parent, it sounds like you are a lovely caring daughter! Good luck with getting back on track and best wishes for the future.......take one day at a time, that`s all i can offer i`m afraid xxxx

Nice to see you back sorry to hear your sad news:hug:

welcome back Carol, sorry to hear of your loss :hug: xx

hi ya , its lovely to see you on the site again , but sorry its under such sad circumstances , sending you hugs xx:hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. Not an easy thing to deal with at all.
But I'm glad that you are having a go at picking your life back up, I'm sure it is what your Dad would have wanted. Good for you. We'll try and give you as much support as possible.
Good luck for the future, and welcome back. :hug:

Just to say a really big thankyou to Sassy Hassy, Butterfly 100, Marti Girl, Sandi, Dee, Jules, for all your kind words, they are really appreciated at this difficult time. Thankyou. xxxx:l:) :) :)

so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad.

its the sadest thing in the world to lose a parent. :hug: for you.

it does get easier as time goes on. xxx

Hi hun, welcome back to the site, very sorry to hear of your loss:hug:

Hi Carol its lovely to see you post again.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad and I hope you are coping.

Good luck with the course and I'm sure business will start to pick up again.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back