HELLPPP with lifting please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I havnt been on this site for some time and Im so glad that I logged on again because as a mobile nail tech working on my own, it sometimes gets a little lonely!!

I have a problem with lifting with a couple of my clients who previously did not have this problem. Im worried that Ive fallen into bad habits and so am in the middle of reading all the forums I can to refresh myself, however both of these clients have been with me for over 4 years and only in the last say 3 months have they experienced bad lifting.

I work quite wet and I use Creative retention, and through the winter with the cold I try and use less monomer. Also recently started using flawless pink and perfect pink mixed.

Ive wracked by brains and I know im meticulous with my prep: using cuticle remover with cuticle pusher, curette, then wiping with water and curette again.

Any ideas what the problem could be would be appreciated.

Heather XX:confused:

I hear ya!! Well if nothing has changed with you, what has changed with your clients? Are they on medication, hrt, change of job, stress. There could be a number of reasons so delve a little deeper. If all your other clients are fine I would suggest the problem is with the client not with you.

Good luck hun

i was bothered by my times a while back and so went on a mission to reduce them....after a few weeks i noticed a few clients getting lifting.....i think instead of working more efficiently i was rushing and this caused the problems....i relaxed and stop worrying about my times again and the problem stopped.

just a long shot but worth thinking about. xx

I work quite wet and I use Creative retention, and through the winter with the cold I try and use less monomer. Also recently started using flawless pink and perfect pink mixed.

:confused:

Creative Retention+....should be used in a medium wet mix 1 part powder to 1 1/2 parts liquid.
Working too wet could be causing your problems.

If all your other clients are OK I too would be inclined to think the problem was with them and their body chemistry ie medication, HRT, very stressed etc.

Unless it happens that both these have a certain nail type which distinguishes them from your other clients and your prep is maybe not as thorough for whatever reason (I'm thinking very flat nails with chubby sidewalls for instance :lol:).

Or maybe that these two are persisting in having their nails longer than you'd advise?
hth x

Thank you all so much for your advice.

One of my clients has been on a weightwatchers diet and her skin has been very dry and the other is a hairdresser with very long nails, which she insists on having and I have advised her to have them shorter. So if I advise the one on a diet to maybe take some vitamins for hair and nails and the other to keep them shorter, then see what happens.

It all comes down to experience, but even when youve been doing nails for a while and your becoming relatively confident it doesnt take much to lose that confidence in yourself when nails are continuously lifting. I now feel I can cope with these ladies, thanks to you geeks.:)

XX

Heather I hope you get it all figured out- have you done and one on one training with a CND Educator?

You need to get that mix ratio figured out stat, working too wet can cause a load of problems, not to mention the lifting issues.

I would have left this thread alone, but feel this is important enough to address- Go check our Geeq's tutorial on mix ratio and it will help out ALOT! :)

Good luck :)

Could this possibly be a case of over exposure? you say they have had them done for 4 years now?

As well as all the great advice given from other geeks - I would just check they are using their cuticle oil/solar oil on a daily basis.
It's amazing how much it makes a difference I find.
Espeacially if her hands are in water & the otherone has dry skin & dry hands.

Just a thought..

Hope you get to the bottom of it hun x

Absolutely right! Its so true, using cuticle oil daily makes such a big difference!
They dont believe you at first but until they try it they'll see what your going on about!:rolleyes: and go 'oh yeah'

Have you only had the lifting problems since you started using the flawless & pink?..if your mix ratio is out even a little bit with the flawless mix then you will get lifting..I think it has something to do with the pigments in the flawless

Latest posts

Back