Help advice about renting please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee&fay

Reaction score
Hi can some one offer me advice on renting a beauty room out?

Me and my wife own a hirdressers that we have only just started, we decided to rent the back room out for beauty, the room was decorated and a wall re tiled before we rented it, we got a client who started to rent it from us and we made a private contract between us (written) about any damage must be put right ect, when they was furnishing the room they tried to remove a tile to do some work behind it and cracked it in half, so instead of replacing the tile straight away more tiles was removed and cut into sections and placed on the wall! it looked a right mess so my wife said something had to be done about it, nothing was ever done.
The tennent became a nightmare decideing when she wanted to pay rent never moped her floor in the whole 7 weeks she was there, she then handed her 4 weeks notice in and wrote us a letter saying she would finish work on the 5th and on the 6th final room inspection and keys handed over. it got to her last day then she TOLD my wife not asked her if it would be ok if she had a extra week to sort room as her husband was working away? by this time my wife had enough of her and said ok! well 1 week went by no work carried out just a text message saying he will be there on monday, monday came and went with no show eventually some work was done but still no new tiles! it got to the 19th and still not done so we paid to have it re-tiled AGAIN and all holes in walls filled and fully re-painted!
i have refused to give her £400 pound depoist back as i have spent it on the room and lost 3 weeks rent as i have a new tennent waiting to come in!
Am i within my rights?????

sorry its long winded but any help would be great.

many thanks
lee

Latest posts

Back