Help applying Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny days

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope you can help.

I have recently purchased all my gelish products but am struggling a little getting the application right.

I want to do the Gelish course ASAP but on the gel course I attended we used cuccio and the products seem very different to work with.

I'm happy with my prep, I then apply the ph bond, base, 2-3 coats of colour and top coat. All are capped and all are cured under the gelish LED 5-45 lamp.

My problem is the products just seem so runny, I wipe and wipe in the bottle and shake it first but I either end up with too much product and apply too thick or not enough and need about 4 coats!

I also have polish running down the brush all the time and dropping on me or my towel.

I'm confident it cant be the product as I've read such good reviews so it must be me.

I didn't have this problem with cuccio but really wanted to offer Gelish to my clients and have spent too much now to change to something else.

Any advice would be really appreciated xx

For one you should never shake gelish only roll gently in your hands this would stop the product being up in the lid etc i find it helps to warm the bottle a little I.e sit in in my legs to warm up whilst doing prep

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Many Gelish colors require a few thin coats, depending on the color. Don't try to get full (or almost full) coverage in the first coat.

In addition to rolling, you can stir the gel, carefully and slowly, with a small spatula or orange stick. Sallys sells packs of small wooden wax spatulas (designed for eyebrow waxing) that are really good for stirring and are cheap.

For me, when it runs down and falls from the brush it means I either need to wipe it on the rim of the bottle better or apply quicker. The more you practice the less that will happen.

If the consistency is still thin after all the tips above, go back to your supplier. It could be a bad batch. H&NH swapped one of my bottles for me and the second bottle was much better, but I have had certain bottles that just need a bit of a stir and they're fine after that xx

Ahh thanks for all your replies. I will do my toes later and test out all the advice :)

The Gelish brushes are actually flat so that you can wipe on the neck of the bottle and this minimises drips :)

Latest posts

Back