help!!! asap!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesbica

Reaction score
i have just dropped a nail tip into my actylic liquid bottle,... im talking about a whole nail tip..a WHOLE bottle of acrylic liquid!!. . do i need to get it out asap ... will it ruin all my liquid if i keep it in... i need to know because i dont want to lose all my product... it costs to much!!

lol this is the sort of thing I do!! yep get it out of that bottle asap I say, I don't know much about the chemical side of things in this situation but anything 'foreign' in your monomer can't be good! J xx

ok its out!! omg i left it in there for about 2 hours because i forgot that i had done it as i way half way through my friends nails. it has eaten abit of the nail away i am able to snap it so easily,,,, do you think i have ruined my liquid,,,,

how did it look when you took it out? did it have any residue or anything on it or was it ok? I'd think the monomer should be ok but I'm not a great authority on this, I think Geeg or The Nail Geek would be able to let you know for sure. J x

yeah there wqas a lil bit of reidue... aww ive ruined my liquid havent i :(

sounds like you could have babe! was it a large bottle?? Jxx

I don't think you will have ruined it.

If it shows any sign of behaving differently like yelowing then you will have to bin it (expensive mistake ... oh dear) but I think it will be ok.

awww i hope so.... there are juist so tiny little bits of 'stuff' in it... feel soooo stupid!! :( oh well... i will learn to keep it in a smaller bottle from not on... it was about 100mls so could have been worse lol

Have you thought about 'sifting' it?
Can't says that i've made the mistake but I have got a very fine mesh sieve in my drawer for such things.

good luck

I am intrigued to know how you managed to drop a tip into your monomer bottle - what were you doing LOL ?

Hi Jesbica
What i would do is let the bottle sit awhile and then get a glass
measureing cup and pour off most of the liquid and the bottom where the residue has settled discard.and replace the poured liquid back in the bottle.

---------
Tricia
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

To Make You Feel Better I Bought One Of The Massive Retention + Bottles And I Was Using My Pipette To Put Some In A Smaller Bottle And Dropped The Bloody Thing In It ---- Nightmare!!!!!!!!!

michelle-d said:
To Make You Feel Better I Bought One Of The Massive Retention + Bottles And I Was Using My Pipette To Put Some In A Smaller Bottle And Dropped The Bloody Thing In It ---- Nightmare!!!!!!!!!

ive done that a few yrs ago i just fished it out it was okay thankfully

i just pour from the bottle now (i got a fab bottle lid cap in my deluxe proline kit)

Jess
xox

It will have affected the monomer, however fingers crossed, not enough to notice :wink2:

As Gigi mentioned... keep an eye on it and is you start having problems with service breakdown... ditch it :(

thatnks heaps for all your help... im scared to use it lol

mwah to you all! :o)

naturalnails said:
I am intrigued to know how you managed to drop a tip into your monomer bottle - what were you doing LOL ?
Hiya,

I was just thinking the same Fiona!!!!!! LOL

How did you drop a tip into your bottle??:rolleyes:

Amanda

jesbica I would just use it on myself a few times, not on clients until you are sure it's ok...just a thought :)

well... i layed my sucky tube thing to pick up the liquid with down on the table and had a tip on there as well when i picked up the sucky thing.., EYE DROPPERS!! thats what its called!.. n e way , eyah when i picked it up the tip stuck to it and before i knew it the tip fell into the bottle... silly me!!!

Latest posts

Back