Help! Badly cracked heels/ psoriasis!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG

Reaction score
I need help. A lady came to me last night for a pedicure and to my shock :Scared:she has really cracked heels not bleeding but cracked with callus but she also has psoriasis but from what I could tell this was not effecting the actual heels but is on her legs hands and arms only. Now she told me she has been going for pedicure elsewhere on monthly basis but wants to come to me. I told her we might have to do treatment on a more frequent basis. But what??? I suggested pedicure once a month and every 2 weeks a callus peel and or paraffin and to take home a cucumber heel therapy cream to use daily . Im thinking of getting CND sea serum, is this the way to go? Im thinking of buying the MARINE SPA KIT for a more intense treatment. HELP NEEDED!!

I need help. A lady came to me last night for a pedicure and to my shock :Scared:she has really cracked heels not bleeding but cracked with callus but she also has psoriasis but from what I could tell this was not effecting the actual heels but is on her legs hands and arms only. Now she told me she has been going for pedicure elsewhere on monthly basis but wants to come to me. I told her we might have to do treatment on a more frequent basis. But what??? I suggested pedicure once a month and every 2 weeks a callus peel and or paraffin and to take home a cucumber heel therapy cream to use daily . Im thinking of getting CND sea serum, is this the way to go? Im thinking of buying the MARINE SPA KIT for a more intense treatment. HELP NEEDED!!
these are great and effective solutions to her problems. She must use Cucumber heel therapy every day religiously.

My heels cracked when I first moved to Spain. I'd never experienced cracked heels before, and it was very uncomfortable and not something I would like to repeat. I used CHT every day and in a week I saw improvement and in less than A month my heels were almost new again. I use it weekly now and my heels are soft and smooth.

these are great and effective solutions to her problems. She must use Cucumber heel therapy every day religiously.

My heels cracked when I first moved to Spain. I'd never experienced cracked heels before, and it was very uncomfortable and not something I would like to repeat. I used CHT every day and in a week I saw improvement and in less than A month my heels were almost new again. I use it weekly now and my heels are soft and smooth.
Thanks Geeg

Im going to get right onto it today!! She is coming back tonight for her gels so I will definitely giving her a CHT to take home and will put it exactly how you did "TO USE IT RELIGIOUSLY EVERYDAY"!!!

Thanks again!!

Jules xx

Geeg - would you say it was the heat from changing climates or the fact that you possibly wore shoes less often once you have moved to warmer climates? I only ask as i have always had really good feet no cracking or dry skin etc but since we moved to a house with carpets instead of wooden floors I only really wear flip flops to nip to shops etc and no shoes at home and am getting cracked heels and dry heels quite badly :(

Geeg - would you say it was the heat from changing climates or the fact that you possibly wore shoes less often once you have moved to warmer climates? I only ask as i have always had really good feet no cracking or dry skin etc but since we moved to a house with carpets instead of wooden floors I only really wear flip flops to nip to shops etc and no shoes at home and am getting cracked heels and dry heels quite badly :(

Well for sure I was going bare foot much more than I had done for years, but I put it down at the time to the excessive lime content in our soil here and there is always a fine dust of it on tiles and driveway etc and living out doors one is always just ... in it in the country. Lime is very drying and hardening if that makes sense. Heat too maybe walking on hot tiles probably made it all worse.

I had never had any problems with my feet ever, before this .. never had a corn, never seen callus ... just nice feet. It was a very uncomfortable few weeks for me and I walked on tip toes everywhere which must have looked pretty silly!!

Anyhoo .. it made me a devotee of Cucumber Heel Therapy and I use it all over my feet probably every week or two ... I'm not good at beauty routines etc. But I never want to have that particular problem again.

I did the Minx on Samantha's feet for the Minx poster and my feet are like hers (only smaller lol) and I am quite vain about my feet and like them to look soft and pretty and not old and gnarly!! :green:

So you know what to do .. use the Cucumber Heel therapy.

Thanks Geeg - I am not trained with CNd so would have to find a tech near me who can retail me some CHT or perhaps even treat myself to a nice pedi hehe

I am also very vain about my feet - I have incredibly high arches and everyone comments on how shapely my foot is lol I even braved doing a French overlay on them this week to show them off for the summer :D xx

Thanks Geeg - I am not trained with CNd so would have to find a tech near me who can retail me some CHT or perhaps even treat myself to a nice pedi hehe

I am also very vain about my feet - I have incredibly high arches and everyone comments on how shapely my foot is lol I even braved doing a French overlay on them this week to show them off for the summer :D xx

Ring S2 .. as a trained`professional you would be entitled to buy retail CND. It's about time! lol

hehe I actually forget that I am good to go with buying certain products lol

Really wish I could do a conversion to CND but am savibg steadily to do the proper course - oving to the country has made a huge impct on my client base ( being ost of them now live 200+ miles away lol ) but I am slowly remarketing and have new strategies to bring clients in :D

My mum has terrible cracked heels hers started when we moved to Spain when I was younger. She keeps buying all these tools to try but they don't work, I will give this cucumber heel therapy a try

Geeg - do you also do the callus peels too or is just the CHT enough?

Geeg - do you also do the callus peels too or is just the CHT enough?
oh yes, If the skin is not open, I would use the Spa Pedicure Sea Serum which was the first callus peel ever and a very effective treatment, to remove and soften some of that build up of hard skin.

If the heels are cracked and fissured and there is callus at the edge of each fissure, then this is a job for a chiropodist. The fissures will not close while there is callus at the edge. A chiropodist will be able to debride the callus and use deflective padding to re-distribute pressure from the area.

There are many factors that cause fissures including footwear, weigh issues, skin type, underlying dermatological conditions etc and it is important to find the underlying cause or the problem will just keep coming back.

Once the fissure healed then it is very important to encourage the client to have a regular moisturising regime to prevent recurrance. If they have an underlying dermatological problem then creams should not be applied without checking with the GP first.

The products used for callus peels usually contain sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) which can be very irritant for those who have certain skin conditions, so the contraindications should be noted.

It goes without saying that if the fissures are open and bleeding, then this is a contraindication to treatment.

Latest posts

Back