HELP! broken electric couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company in the london area/south east that could repair the control panel on my electric couch?
It won't go up, only down, so it can't be the motor. The couch is now about a foot off the ground so I can't use it!
I'll try and make a few phonecalls today, but not sure where to start . .

My remote is also broken. I cannot find anyone in Bristol who can reapir it either.

Do you think we should contact somewho do does electronics?

quote=tog;923018]Does anyone know of a company in the london area/south east that could repair the control panel on my electric couch?
It won't go up, only down, so it can't be the motor. The couch is now about a foot off the ground so I can't use it!
I'll try and make a few phonecalls today, but not sure where to start . .[/quote]

hello Rosie

my partner took the remote apart today, and apart from a circuit board there were 2 contact plates which operated the up and down buttons.
So he bent the up button contact plate slightly and hey presto! working again!
So it might be worth you doing that yourself before contacting an electronics expert. I just figured, well a call out fee's going to be £50 upwards at least and they still might not have been able to fix it, so then possibly a new circuit board or remote . . . etc, so nothing lost to get your other half or any bloke really (they like mechanical things don't they?) to take a look before you incurr expense.

Good luck x

Do you know who you bought the couches from?
Surely they would be the best place to call first, I know most companies will try to help in this situation (Unless the couch in question is ancient, obviously!)

Does anyone know of a company in the london area/south east that could repair the control panel on my electric couch?
I'll try and make a few phonecalls today, but not sure where to start .
I'll try and make a few phonecalls today, but not sure where to start . .
Hello, I know this post is from a long time ago, but my beauty bed has just done the same thing and this was the only thing i could find on google.. How did you fix your bed in the end?

Hi jemsmith,

What sort of couch is it and can you post a picture of the control unit please? My husband may be able to help as he's an Electonics Engineer. Fixed all and sundry for me over the years, he's amazing. ☺️
If not there is a company based in Widnes which does repairs of all sorts of beauty equipment called Complexions.

Latest posts

Back