Help! Brown marks on Indian skin after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyMae

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have been regularly waxing my client for nearly two years every 4-6 weeks and she has full leg, toes, stomach, back, arms, fingers, neck and shoulders all done with warm wax and i do her bikini line and underarms with hot wax.

I did the waxing for her as usual on Friday and she text me to say she had paid me on the Monday through b/transfer so I gathered everything was ok. She then text me today with a picture and it was of her arm - she is indian and has a fairly dark skin but there were two darker lines across her arm and she has said that it was also on her shoulders.

I waxed her legs, belly then arms, turned her over and did back of legs, back, shoulders and neck and so if the wax was too hot like she has said she thinks I would have assumed that the back of her legs that i did after her arms would also have been effected and her back seeing as i did that before her shoulders that were also marked so I don't know what it could be.

Does anyone have any experience of this or have any recommendations as to what i could to do help her get rid of the marks quicker? or what could have caused it? I

Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 328
Hi ladies,

I have been regularly waxing my client for nearly two years every 4-6 weeks and she has full leg, toes, stomach, back, arms, fingers, neck and shoulders all done with warm wax and i do her bikini line and underarms with hot wax.

I did the waxing for her as usual on Friday and she text me to say she had paid me on the Monday through b/transfer so I gathered everything was ok. She then text me today with a picture and it was of her arm - she is indian and has a fairly dark skin but there were two darker lines across her arm and she has said that it was also on her shoulders.

I waxed her legs, belly then arms, turned her over and did back of legs, back, shoulders and neck and so if the wax was too hot like she has said she thinks I would have assumed that the back of her legs that i did after her arms would also have been effected and her back seeing as i did that before her shoulders that were also marked so I don't know what it could be.

Does anyone have any experience of this or have any recommendations as to what i could to do help her get rid of the marks quicker? or what could have caused it? I

Thank you in advance!!

It's hard to tell from photos but it looks like there may have been some skin grazing ... did she say if it was stinging/uncomfortable?

I would say use Sudocrem.

It's hard to tell from photos but it looks like there may have been some skin grazing ... did she say if it was stinging/uncomfortable?

I would say use Sudocrem.

I did ask her that and she said it is the same texture as her skin and is just darker in colour - no pain or stinging which is confusing me and it isnt at all raised or rough to touch! I did recommend sudocrem so she has been applying that - fingers crossed it will go down soon.

Thank you for replying x

Looks like torn skin to me

Looks like torn skin to me
Would torn skin not have shown up earlier than 5 days after? And also be sore to touch and a different skin texture though? X

No not always.

I had this happen to me several years ago. I was waxed before I went on holiday in this country (so not desperately hot....well it wasn't then!!) and I think it was due to dry skin. My legs looked very stripy (not a good look) for several days and then it wore off. It has never happened again. It wasn't sore and the skin wasn't torn so I wouldn't say it was a graze at all. She could try gently exfoliation if she isn't sore and then moisturise.

I had this happen to me several years ago. I was waxed before I went on holiday in this country (so not desperately hot....well it wasn't then!!) and I think it was due to dry skin. My legs looked very stripy (not a good look) for several days and then it wore off. It has never happened again. It wasn't sore and the skin wasn't torn so I wouldn't say it was a graze at all. She could try gently exfoliation if she isn't sore and then moisturise.
That's such a relief... I hope hers goes away soon she isn't replying to my messages so hope she isn't too annoyed. She doesn't have any pain with it and said it's like it's part of her skin so I was worried the pigment must have changed or something.

Do you also have a darker skin tone? Hopefully it will be gone soon, I've been panicking! Xx

That's such a relief... I hope hers goes away soon she isn't replying to my messages so hope she isn't too annoyed. She doesn't have any pain with it and said it's like it's part of her skin so I was worried the pigment must have changed or something.

Do you also have a darker skin tone? Hopefully it will be gone soon, I've been panicking! Xx

No I have a pale skin but the brown striations (my name for them) looked exactly like hers only they showed up more because I am so pale. Its never happened to me again it was several years ago when I didn't exfoliate as regular as I do now maybe thats why. x

Sorry if this has been said but to me it looks as though you had your strip loaded with wax and maybe you should have used a new one. Also, when the skin is hot as it would have been in this weather the skin is clammy and it sticks more to the wax/strip causing surface lifting.

Another thing is did she go out in the sun too soon?

I'm Indian and this has happened to me on my forearms before. aqueous cream helps loads its a tiny graze i honestly wouldn't worry about it. However next time i would ask if she is on any medication/sensitive- we are just a bit more susceptible to grazes coz we're just tooo bloody sensitive! lol! ;) xoxo

Latest posts

Back