Help! Client reaction during lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helzbelz12

Reaction score
Hi there,

Wondered if any lovely geeks could give me some advice. I have been doing lash extensions for 3 years. Haven't during this time every experienced a reaction at all. I use Revolution plus Glue and sometimes Eyelash Emporium platinum. I had a new client in for lashes or friday. I Used emporium gel pads and Revolution glue but half way through the treatment her right eye was watering and she said it felt uncomfortable. I adjusted the pads and fanned her eyes and carried on. When i took the pads off her eyes were very red and she said they felt hot and irritating. I had a look at her eye for any stray lashes that may have slipped in but I couldnt notice anything. I advised her to keep me informed on how her eyes are and to go to the chemist and get some drops and possible piriton if it persists.
The eyelashes came out a few days later as expected with watering eyes and rubbing so she came back to have some more put in.
This time i used micropore tape instead of pads and platinum glue but yet again her right eye started watering and were irritated. I am stumped as to what to do now and why she keeps getting this as? Anyone else had a similar problem? Do you think she may just need sensitive glue instead? help :|

I assume you didn't carry out a patch test, if you didn't be thankful it wasn't worse & let this be a lesson learned. Maybe buy sensitive glue & patch test to see if she reacts to that.

You must see this

Yes I did carry out a patch test but she had no reaction at the time!

Sometimes reactions happen on the second exposure.
I would patch test her with a sensitive glue and see where that leads you x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi girls sorry I am new to this I want to ask a question do I do it on here this is the only thing it is letting me reply to x

Thank you, yes will give that a go...fingers crossed she will be fine with sensitive glue x

Yes was just going to say that sometimes the more the client is exposed to the product the more they tend to react, hopefully the sensitive glue will be fine! Fingers crossed

Thank you ...will let you know how it goes with the sensitive patch test :)

Hi

Yes I agree try the sensitive glue. did you use a primer? I find that the clients a find the primer uncomfortable sometimes?

I assume you didn't carry out a patch test, if you didn't be thankful it wasn't worse & let this be a lesson learned. Maybe buy sensitive glue & patch test to see if she reacts to that.

You must see this

Really really scary. Wow.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Answering the main questions - I would definitely blame the gel pads. I've noticed that some clients' eyes are very sensitive for the gel under the pads. After an hour of treatment the gel is likely to melt and get to a client's eyes. That usually causes stinging and watering.
Out of my experience.
I stopped using gel pads and only use a micropore tape no. No problems with watering during the treatments since then.:p

I don't do lashes but I was getting them for about 7 months and the exact same happened to me every time, she never patch tested though saying that i didn't need to be tested because it wasn't touching skin? Anyway I had to eventually stop getting lashes cause my left eye got so sore with them every time I got them I filled! She tried the normal glue & the sensitive and they were both the same, she used lash perfect on me. So this may be the same with your client? I also seem to be allergic to the gel pads and end up with red circles under my eyes! Hth xx

Find out if she has used any new products eye cream, moisturizer etc in the last few weeks. It could be that its been an underlying reaction to one of the new products but the lash treatment has caused it to react. So common and is what leaves dermatologists scratching their heads!

Also with the first reaction so apparant she would have surely been contra indicated to have the treatment done i would have never tried to do it again if the cause of the reaction was unknown. At the moment she has suffocient grounds to sue you

How do you do a patch test? I have had mine done at many places and never been asked to do a patch test

It can sometimes be the eyelash pads especially the ones which have anti wrinkle ingredients in the gel also did you leave your client for 5 mins after treatment I do this sat slightly up right to let the glue dry before you take the pads off as sometimes the fumes from the glue can cause the eyes to water xx

How do you do a patch test? I have had mine done at many places and never been asked to do a patch test

By going through the whole process on 1 eye but obv only applying a couple of lashes x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks! Then do you make the client come back a day later?

I previously said that the majority of my clients that have experienced eyes watering during the treatment, had it because of GEL PADS, (or rather GEL that's underneath), not glue! :idea:
The other reason why I think the gel pads are bad and cause irritation, stinging, dryness etc... is :Look_righ that the excess of glue that wipe off on the pads doesn't soak in, as it does with using micropore tape. Clients inhales the fumes and it leads to dizziness or even nausea.

Latest posts

Back