Help-don't know what to do!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckylashes

Reaction score
I bought an md machine from cosmetronic at the beauty show it's never worked right. When we got it, it didn't work and they made me pay to send it back to get fixed and now it's not working properly again. I haven't even used it once. The crystals are constantly blocking. They never get back to you, they say they don't do refunds and won't give me a new machine but will fix it. I am so sick of it. What would you do??

Last edited:
Consumer statutory rights are, if a new product is faulty you are covered by a 12 month manufacturers guarantee. You have the right to a refund as the item is not fit for purpose.

Call them to discuss your.consumer rights and tell them you've been informed by Trading Standards and the sale of goods act 1979 entitles you to a new item since the repair wasn't sufficiently.done.snd it's still faulty ... Blah blah...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

You are not a consumer, you're a business...
Consumer rights don't apply to businesses. Sorry.

You are not a consumer, you're a business...
Consumer rights don't apply to businesses. Sorry.

Omg really? So us businesses don't have a leg to Stand on if we buy faulty goods Lynne?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what they have tried telling me such a waste of money and I had to constantly ring and ring and email to finally get a response someone's not in the office today oh I've been away all weekend its children's holidays so I can have time off I don't care there should be someone to help me and I had to pay about £25 to send it back to be fixed so upset about it all

I really feel for you. I wish colleges taught more about business stuff.
I fear that you're not going to get any joy from them unless you play dirty. Tweet and tag them, put it on their Facebook page, stay FACTUAL, no emotion, no slagging them off.
Failing all that find a local engineer to take a look at it.
Caveat Emptor...

Even though its a business sale they have to fix the problem trading standards said last week but holding them to it isn't straight forward

Did you buy this machine after June this year? New laws have been introduced, which I presume relate B2B as well if they have not put a clause in their contract excluding you from statutory rights (which they can apparently do). If you have not been given a contract or terms of conditions then you should have a loophole.

Last edited:
I bought it in October xx

Contact Citizens Advice Bureau and ask their advice. You will probably have more leverage if you did not have an agreement or contract from them.

Thought I should give you an update Ithey said they are going to send me a part that will defiantly solve the problem, the part comes its the wrong one I call again they send another part machine still not working so I said I am going to start writing online about how I am being treated they hung up and wouldn't answer my questions rang again and they have said I will get a refund now as they have spoke to a manager and so I have sent it back today but they will not confirm I am getting a full refund so fed up of it all word of waring to everyone be careful where you buy from x

Just to let you know today I finally got a refund and didn't get it all back as they said its in there terms and conditions absolute scam artists and so unprofessional so they agreed the machine was faulty charge for me to send it back and sent it back still not working send me a part that was wrong to supposedly fix the problem still didn't work the list goes on absolute joke didn't even give me a full refund of what I initially paid for the machine, when you call they hang up on u and never call back so mad about it all

I drove to machester beauty show to test the machine that they said was there and wasn't should have known from that how unprofessional they are!!

Cosmetronic as a supplier to the beauty industry for the last 25 years have a wealth of experience and are disappointed to hear any negative comments regarding customer service or product disappointment. We will always as is our duty, repair or replace any defective piece of equipment.

Any customer service case is unique and handled accordingly. We have terms and conditions in place to protect both the client and the company and you will find these are industry standard. These are available at all times on our printed literature, our website and upon request.

We are unfortunately now in times which are litigious by nature and small issues tend to become larger without need. We try our best to determine what the client wants in any given situation and in this case a refund was requested and was granted in due course.

We would like to say thank you to the many Geeks who have posted positive comments, we have enjoyed reading regarding our equipment.

Check out the new website for 2015 Hair & Beauty Equipment for Salons & Spas | Cosmetronic

Karen Grogan
Cosmetronic

So I should have got a full refund and not have to pay to send it back seen as the machine was faulty when purchased which you admitted, other people have also made threads about poor customer service what company can actually justify sending wrong parts, saying you forgot to do my refund 3 weeks ago then again forgot and I had to keep chasing it up

I also said if you could fix or replace I would accept that but the machine was sent back not working again and I had to keep cancelling clients I was so sick of it I couldn't wait to get rid of the problem

I don't think I'll be ordering from them x wow, just read this and it's awful how you've been treated.

I honestly am not joking it gets even worse its embarrassing I actually had to go see a solicitor because they kept saying they had refunded me when they hadn't

I am going through the same problems with them and I was told there hasn't been any complaints on the machine xxx

No surprise there said same to me xx

Latest posts

Back