Help! Dust mask advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScotsChica

Reaction score
Can anyone help me by advising what sort of protective mask I should be wearing around e-file nail dust? The guy in Homebase sold me one but my hubby who's an engineer reckons it isn't right :rolleyes:
I'm working a 10.5 hour day, ALL day nails & have just been told by the dotor I have a lung age of 38...I'm only 27!!!
Any advice would be helpful please as I'm seriously considering getting out of the industry for my health.

Thanks guys & gals xxx

Hi
I think as part of your ppe you should use a disposable surgical face mask with every client. Im sure you should be able to get them readily, its what I use when burring nails etc

Can anyone help me by advising what sort of protective mask I should be wearing around e-file nail dust? The guy in Homebase sold me one but my hubby who's an engineer reckons it isn't right :rolleyes:
I'm working a 10.5 hour day, ALL day nails & have just been told by the dotor I have a lung age of 38...I'm only 27!!!
Any advice would be helpful please as I'm seriously considering getting out of the industry for my health.

Thanks guys & gals xxx

I suspect you have probably been sold what is known as a nuisance dust mask. These are basically useless.

To protect against dust and harmful particulates you need to use approved particulate respirators. There are various grades of protection FFP1, FFP2, FFP3. The higher the number the greater the protection FFP1, FFP2 and FFP3 respirators can reduce the amount of dust you breathe by factors of 4, 10 and 20 respectively. An FFP3 respirator is advisable if you are exposed to high levels of grain dust or mould spores. I got mine from tunikasafety products in Bolton. Its important to make sure the dust mask fits your face properly and that there are no air gaps at the sides so that you are breathing in through the mask and not through the air gaps at the edge of the mask. Hope that helps.

milus

And/or a valentino or some type of dust filter.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back