Help, eyelash info needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas574

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've recently done an eyelash course and the kit was shocking i was given 14mm lashes! even as a starter i no they are not much use, so basically the whole kit needs replacing down to the tweezers but I have no idea where to start, there's so many to choose from so I don't even no where to start so any advise would be greatly appreciated ;)

Lash base & secret lashes may be a good place to start.

They are very reasonably priced and their lashes are good.

I have brought tweezers from them but prefer my lash perfect ones

However, I would not compromise on my adhesive, it needs to be of a good quality to ensure you get good returns.

Their is a thread on here (or maybe it was a poll) where it showed the best products to buy for eyelash extension so might be an idea to search the threads

H xx

Thanks for your reply

Do u mind if I ask what glue u use? Xx

Hi guys

I've recently done an eyelash course and the kit was shocking i was given 14mm lashes! even as a starter i no they are not much use, so basically the whole kit needs replacing down to the tweezers but I have no idea where to start, there's so many to choose from so I don't even no where to start so any advise would be greatly appreciated ;)

Why do you think you need to replace the whole kit? Why wouldn't you use 14 mm lashes? Were these the only length you were given or were there any other lengths? It is easier to practice with longer lashes (as long as they are not too heavy or which to your client) as the thinner/shorter the extensions are, the harder it is to do them.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Hi Hun ,
They were they only length they gave me, xx

Hi Hun ,
They were they only length they gave me, xx

That's very strange :( they should have really given at least three lengths. However, don't go out spending too much money - get a multi size tray in j curl for practice and work away.

When I got my kit, it consisted of c curl lashes .2 thick in sizes 7-14, c curl .15 in 7-14, j curl lashes .2 & .15 in 7-14 sizes both. These were enough for as many sets as I needed to practice. (The college said it was enough for 100 sets, but I'd say you could do around 50-60 sets, not more).

As I said, don't go spending money trailing things, try and get the technique first.

Check out www.eyeluvlashes.co.uk for your multiplied trays and try and get used to to your tweezers, etc. That you already have :)

Check out

Multiplied was meant to be multisized :)

Thank u so much, I've had a butchers and I've ordered a mix tray of j and c!
And free shipping =)
I was surprised at the lack of kit but quite happy to buy what's recommended so thank u, now just have to wait for Mr postman an practice on the bf, any advise on a glue to start off with xx

That's very strange :( they should have really given at least three lengths. However, don't go out spending too much money - get a multi size tray in j curl for practice and work away.

When I got my kit, it consisted of c curl lashes .2 thick in sizes 7-14, c curl .15 in 7-14, j curl lashes .2 & .15 in 7-14 sizes both. These were enough for as many sets as I needed to practice. (The college said it was enough for 100 sets, but I'd say you could do around 50-60 sets, not more).

As I said, don't go spending money trailing things, try and get the technique first.

Check out Semi Permanent Eyelash Extension Products from Eyeluvlashes for your multiplied trays and try and get used to to your tweezers, etc. That you already have :)

Check out

Thank u so much xx

Thank u so much, I've had a butchers and I've ordered a mix tray of j and c!
And free shipping =)
I was surprised at the lack of kit but quite happy to buy what's recommended so thank u, now just have to wait for Mr postman an practice on the bf, any advise on a glue to start off with xx

Which glue have you been trained with?

Which glue have you been trained with?

Ardell lash tite xx

Ardell lash tite xx
I thought this glue is for individual, not semi permanent lashes?

I thought this glue is for individual, not semi permanent lashes?

Yup I think so, that's what I mean by I literally have to buy a whole new kit, but don't wanna buy the ultra ones until I've done a few sets, so can u recommend anything x

Yup I think so, that's what I mean by I literally have to buy a whole new kit, but don't wanna buy the ultra ones until I've done a few sets, so can u recommend anything x

I think, if this is the case, you may have been badly cheated on your course. I would have no problems advising you the glue - in fact, I always recommend the same glue every time someone asks, however, considering what you have told - about the kit and the glue you were provided with, I am afraid you may have been taught completely incorrect techniques.

The best advice I could give you is to go back to your training provider and ask them to clarify the situation as it seems like ypu have been taught (or provided with) all the wrong things.

It is against the rules to name and shame on this site, however, if I were you, I would definitely check wether the course is accredited by any accrediting bodies. Also, as you have not been taught with correct implement, it is possible, that you will not be able to get insurance on this service :(

Are you sure you went on semi permanent lash extension course? If it was individual lash course I am surprised you did not get cluster lashes in your kit. If it was sp lash course, I am surprised you got ardell lash glue?

Yup defo sp course! An I'm just waiting for my certificate to arrive, so I suppose it's a case of sit back an wait then! =(

Yup defo sp course! An I'm just waiting for my certificate to arrive, so I suppose it's a case of sit back an wait then! =(

I'm sorry, but I would definitely advise you to sit and wait for cert, do your research about your training provider in meantime .

I've an email ready to send, thanks for ur help, I just went back on the site and it seems my kit should of had

Ultra Adhesive
Volume up Lashes 8mm
Volume up Lashes 10mm
Volume up Lashes 11mm
Volume up Lashes 12mm
Adhesive Remover Gel
Microfibre Brushes (Superfine)
Comb/Brush Disposable Pack
Anti-wrinkle gel patches
Tweezers Fine Point x 2
Crystal stone
Micropore tape

But I didn't get half of it, my fault should have read before I left what my kit should have contained!
But anyway thanks again xx

I've an email ready to send, thanks for ur help, I just went back on the site and it seems my kit should of had

Ultra Adhesive
Volume up Lashes 8mm
Volume up Lashes 10mm
Volume up Lashes 11mm
Volume up Lashes 12mm
Adhesive Remover Gel
Microfibre Brushes (Superfine)
Comb/Brush Disposable Pack
Anti-wrinkle gel patches
Tweezers Fine Point x 2
Crystal stone
Micropore tape

But I didn't get half of it, my fault should have read before I left what my kit should have contained!
But anyway thanks again xx

Looks like someone really messed up in there. Contact them regarding the kit - they should have checked to make sure you have everything you need before you left. Hope you sort everything out. Send then an email and follow up with a phone call.
Goodluck xxx

Latest posts

Back